Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 03:35 PM

1,403 posts, read 937,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
I'm happy reid is not bringing this to the senate. This is nothing but a witch hunt. If it was romney instead of obama, nobody would be talking about an audit of the federal reserve.
Sheep. You are wrong as well. As long as there are people who care that the fed reserve is destroying our economy this would be brought up. It was brought up before when Obama wasn't in office. Just look it up but I doubt you care since only the sheeple and the lazy wouldn't care if this doesn't come up for a vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2012, 12:13 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,455,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Reid gets re-elected solely on the backs of the SEIU. Nevada is a tourism state for the most part. Service workers make up a huge percentage of the electorate. The sheeple in Nevada vote the way the union tells them to. The only solution is to vote in more republicans (which kinda makes me gag too) in order to gain the majority in the Senate so just maybe some legislation can be passed.
I agree, and it looks like the GOP may indeed gain enough seats in the Senate to take the majority after November 2012. Of the 33 Senators up for reelection, 23 of them are Democrats and 10 are Republican. The GOP need only four seats to take the majority in the Senate.

Old 07-27-2012, 02:19 PM

1,187 posts, read 995,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
His constituents appear to feel he does an effective job of representing their interests.
Probably because there's too many liberal SoCal transplants here from the housing boom! He does NOT represent most of NV, just most of Las Vegas voted for him. Hopefully people here will wake up to how ridiculously horrible he's done for the country and vote him out next time! Luckily Heller is ahead in the polls instead of the crazy and corrupt Berkley for the other Senate seat. So we can have at least one fiscally minded person out there in DC (DC = Deranged & Crazy).

Old 07-27-2012, 03:34 PM

858 posts, read 707,878 times
Senate passes Democratic tax plan, rejects GOP version - CNN.com

Why do people keep voting for scumbag Republicans? They aren't even going to bring the bill up for a vote. How can they do this? what scumbags!!

From the article:
"The U.S. Senate on Wednesday passed a Democratic plan to extend the Bush-era tax cuts for middle income Americans while rejecting a Republican alternative to continue all of the cuts"
"GOP leaders in the House have indicated they have no intention of bringing the Democrats' plan to a vote."

anyway...as you can see, both sides do this. They don't want to be put on record about anything. Things are decided before it even hits a vote which is what I think is wrong. I'm sure if they were forced to vote, and this goes for both sides, many would take a contrary stance because they know their state/district/whatever is going to have their head if they vote yes/no on something. It's easier to say one thing and then hide behind not even having to vote

Old 07-27-2012, 04:00 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
I'm happy reid is not bringing this to the senate. This is nothing but a witch hunt. If it was romney instead of obama, nobody would be talking about an audit of the federal reserve.
Reid called for an audit before.

Harry Reid called for audit of Federal Reserve during 2010 campaign [VIDEO] - Digg

Old 07-27-2012, 04:08 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ancap View Post
Sheep. You are wrong as well. As long as there are people who care that the fed reserve is destroying our economy this would be brought up. It was brought up before when Obama wasn't in office. Just look it up but I doubt you care since only the sheeple and the lazy wouldn't care if this doesn't come up for a vote.
I'm still waiting for you to answer my question. What state do you live in?

The people of Nevada liked Reid enough to re-elect him.

The federal reserve is audited twice a year. No reason to audit it a third time.

Old 07-27-2012, 04:13 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I'm still waiting for you to answer my question. What state do you live in?

The people of Nevada liked Reid enough to re-elect him.

The federal reserve is audited twice a year. No reason to audit it a third time.
The banks the Fed oversee's are audited regularly. (not so well). The Fed is not.

Old 07-27-2012, 04:17 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The banks the Fed oversee's are audited regularly. (not so well). The Fed is not.
PublicEye.org - The Website of Political Research Associates

How the Federal Reserve Is Audited - Fedpoints - Federal Reserve Bank of New York

Old 07-27-2012, 04:18 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Actually, you have to have an IQ of under 50 to want term limits. Term limits benefits no one, particularly the voter. If you are too stupid to not vote for a politician then you should not be voting in the first place. My vote is my term limit.
We agree. Mark that down.

Old 07-27-2012, 04:21 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ancap View Post
He has stated he won't even bring the audit the fed bill up for a vote...why does 1 moronic pos have the power to decide what comes up for a vote or not? Man this pisses me off.

Federal Reserve Audit Bill Overwhelmingly Passes The House
I thought someone would have covered it by now. Harry Reid is in office because of who the Republicans decided to run against him. Sharon Angle...are you serious. Try harder next time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies