Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 12:38 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times

Advertisements

Best part is Limbaugh gains more viewers and Ice T gains more fans as the sheep graze.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2012, 05:15 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Ice Tea may have proven Limbaugh's point by directing people to the 'top 10 racist quotes.' This was a list of quotes posted by a website called newone. Snopes looked into it and couldn't find a source for the worst quotes. Several of them were flat out fabricated. Several, like one about football player Donovan McNabb were not racist. There was one quote that was at the least insensitive. It was a quote about 'take the bone out of your nose,' and call me back. This was said when Rush was a rock DJ at a Pittsburgh radio station in the 70's, and Limbaugh later apologized for the comment.

It shows the desperation of the left to "call them racist" just in the fact that they have to go back over 30 years just to find an insensitive comment, duly apologized for, to make their case that Limbaugh is a racist.

I think the site later revised the list by removing the fabricated quotes but the horse has left the barn. They fabricated quotes, bundled them with some bad sounding quotes that in context were not really racist, and the smear was on. Now they want a do-over???

Old 07-26-2012, 05:26 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
If you watch Law & Order it's very obvious that Ice T knows absolutely nothing about handling guns. I wonder why he made this statement. Looking to keep his name in the headlines perhaps.....

Old 07-26-2012, 05:42 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,922,570 times
Judging by some of the responses, this comment has clearly hit closer to home than they are comfortable with.

Old 07-26-2012, 06:17 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,531,599 times
Quote:
Good for Ice-T. We need more blacks with a stage to come out against this racist piece of S&!+. He has reinforced the racist who listen to him everyday. They then deal harshly with some minorities and this can be linked directly back to rush. He knows and drops every code word for them and then snerdley smiles and eats more s&!+ in the back. This is no laughing matter. This man has caused and is causing direct harm to Black and Hispanic families all over the world.

Old 07-26-2012, 06:36 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
He could have left out the racist part and still been correct.

Old 07-26-2012, 06:47 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Best part is Limbaugh gains more viewers and Ice T gains more fans as the sheep graze.
Ah, yes. The Red sheep and the Blue sheep...

Old 07-26-2012, 07:58 AM

1,196 posts, read 839,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diva360 View Post
Um, there is also the possibility that the lyrics to "Cop Killer" are an example of signification and dissembling, of connoting that the cop named in the song is a cop who is a killer rather than that the speaker in the song is a killer of cops. silly to assume that the lyrics of songs correspond directly to the intentions or beliefs of their authors, just as it is to ascribe the thoughts or actions of characters in other works of fiction to their authors.
I got my black shirt on.
I got my black gloves on.
I got my ski mask on.
This ****'s been too long.

I got my twelve gauge sawed off.
I got my headlights turned off.
I'm 'bout to bust some shots off.
I'm 'bout to dust some cops off.

Cop killer, better you than me.
Cop killer, f**k police brutality!
Cop killer, I know your family's grievin'
(f**k 'em)

Cop killer, but tonight we get even.

I got my brain on hype.
Tonight'll be your night.
I got this long-assed knife,
and your neck looks just right.

My adrenaline's pumpin'.
I got my stereo bumpin'.
I'm 'bout to kill me somethin'
A pig stopped me for nuthin'!

Cop killer, I know your mama's grievin'
(f**k her)

Die, die, die pig, die!
F**k the police!
F**k the police!
F**k the police!
F**k the police!
F**k the police!
F**k the police!
F**k the police yeah!

I'm a Cop killer, f**k police brutality!
Cop killer, I know your family's grievin'
(f**k 'em)

F**k the police!
F**k the police!
F**k the police!
F**k the police!
F**k the police!
F**k the police!
F**k the police!
F**k the police, break it down.
F**k the police, yeah.
F**k the police, for Darryl Gates.
F**k the police, for Rodney King.
F**k the police, for my dead homies.
F**k the police, for your freedom.
F**k the police, don't be a *****.
F**k the police, have some muthaf**kin' courage.
F**k the police, sing along.

Cop killer!
Cop killer!
Cop killer!
Cop killer!
Cop killer, what you're gonna be when you grown up?
Cop killer, good choice.
Cop killer!
I'm a muthaf**kin' cop killer!

Cop killer, I know your mama's grievin'
(f**k her)

Cop killer, but tonight we get even!

Old 07-26-2012, 08:12 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,545,620 times
*shrug* well, it's not as if people haven't been pointing out Limbaugh's blatant hatred of black people for decades now. So there's really nothing controversial about it.

Of course, I'm sure his fans will now tell us that there's nothing racist about portraying black people using crude stereotypes, or repeatedly insisting that we love handouts (and never mind that white people have disproportionately benefited from various forms of government aid). And next week, we'll see another thread about why black people refuse to vote for republicans.

Old 07-26-2012, 08:20 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
So you, along with Limbaugh are shocked that someone who wrote a political song portraying the LA police department as oppressive knows what tyranny means?

Perhaps if certain Black people stopped using the N word so profusely then they would have the right to complain about others using it.
Take note of the Boondocks cartoon.
Very entertaining to be sure but does it not fuel the stereotype? A political song. If a white band wrote a song about killing blacks because of gang violence would that be a political song also? What if a black cop killed a white kid and a song was written that talked about killing black cops? Political or bad taste?
In my mind bad taste.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies