Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 12:36 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,829,971 times

Advertisements

Everett homeowner won't be charged for fatally shooting burglar - Local News - Seattle, WA - NBCNews.com
EVERETT, Wash. -- The Snohomish County prosecutor says an Everett, Wash., man won't be charged for fatally shooting an intruder last January.

Sounds simple enough, right? Bad guy breaks window, home owner was home, bad guy's got a hammer, home owner shoots him 5 times in the torso. Now, one might think 5 times is excessive. That's not me. Dude, when you got a man with a hammer walking around in your home, you kind of go into adrenaline overload. You want that unwanted stimulus out of your life. It's pretty easy to empty the magazine.

Sad story, though. I watched the video and he looked like a normal, promising young man. His parents are immigrants from Cambodia. They both work at Boeing. They have what appears to ne a nice home. As his mosther said, she did all she could. But, he was on drugs. And she told him to go to rehab, he wouldn't, so she kicked him out. A week later, he's dead because he tried to steal.
Mother of man shot in Everett home says he stole to support... | www.kirotv.com

What a $%#$%ed up story.

Old 07-26-2012, 12:42 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,279,721 times
Another case of drug caused violence and death.

Just say no to pot and all the other junk out there.

Old 07-26-2012, 12:43 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,934,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Everett homeowner won't be charged for fatally shooting burglar - Local News - Seattle, WA - NBCNews.com
EVERETT, Wash. -- The Snohomish County prosecutor says an Everett, Wash., man won't be charged for fatally shooting an intruder last January.

Sounds simple enough, right? Bad guy breaks window, home owner was home, bad guy's got a hammer, home owner shoots him 5 times in the torso. Now, one might think 5 times is excessive. That's not me. Dude, when you got a man with a hammer walking around in your home, you kind of go into adrenaline overload. You want that unwanted stimulus out of your life. It's pretty easy to empty the magazine.

Sad story, though. I watched the video and he looked like a normal, promising young man. His parents are immigrants from Cambodia. They both work at Boeing. They have what appears to ne a nice home. As his mosther said, she did all she could. But, he was on drugs. And she told him to go to rehab, he wouldn't, so she kicked him out. A week later, he's dead because he tried to steal.
Mother of man shot in Everett home says he stole to support... | www.kirotv.com

What a $%#$%ed up story.
I feel for the family of the kid, but he commited a crime for which the homeowner had every right to defend himself. I don't know what the kid was on, but this kinda shoots the arguement for drug legalization. A bright young man dead, not because of the homeowner, but because of drug addiction.

Old 07-26-2012, 12:58 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,644,418 times
Good thing I actually read your post.

I was wondering exactly what type of hammer can shoot bullets!

LOL

Old 07-26-2012, 01:26 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,829,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Good thing I actually read your post.

I was wondering exactly what type of hammer can shoot bullets!

LOL
LOL! at your comment. Yeah, was probably doing some kind of hard drug. I can't see breaking and entering to support a pot habit. We've started to get more heroin round here, from what I've been reading.

Old 07-26-2012, 01:39 PM

640 posts, read 717,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I feel for the family of the kid, but he commited a crime for which the homeowner had every right to defend himself.
I agree!

Quote:
freightshaker I don't know what the kid was on, but this kinda shoots the arguement for drug legalization. A bright young man dead, not because of the homeowner, but because of drug addiction.
I disagree. The current drug laws make criminal tens of millions of Americans effectively creating a culture and recidivism. I don't think all drugs should be legalized but I'm pretty sure there's room for discussion.

Last edited by Marc Allen 242; 07-26-2012 at 01:54 PM..

Old 07-26-2012, 01:41 PM

[quote=Marc Allen 242;25351325]
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I feel for the family of the kid, but he commited a crime for which the homeowner had every right to defend himself.9/quote]

I agree!

I disagree. The current drug laws make criminal tens of millions of Americans effectively creating a culture and recidivism. I don't think all drugs should be legalized but I'm pretty sure there's room for discussion.
There may be, but every story like this makes it harder to have that discussion. I personally believe in states deciding what is to be legal and illegal in their respective states...

Old 07-26-2012, 01:47 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,126,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post

Self defense instructors teach you to keep shooting until you are out of bullets. I have a .45 with 13 bullet clip and I promise you there wouldn't be much left if someone threatened me. Trust me that the "young man" with the hammer wasn't there to help the guy put up curtains.

You better be willing to die if you break into someone's house. THat's all there is to it.

20yrsinBranson

Old 07-26-2012, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Self defense instructors teach you to keep shooting until you are out of bullets. I have a .45 with 13 bullet clip and I promise you there wouldn't be much left if someone threatened me. Trust me that the "young man" with the hammer wasn't there to help the guy put up curtains.

You better be willing to die if you break into someone's house. THat's all there is to it.

20yrsinBranson
Pretty Much...

Old 07-26-2012, 01:52 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,937,411 times
When I read the title I thought the homeowner used a hammer to shoot someone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies