Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2012, 12:30 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,788,452 times

Advertisements

Obama has been losing several of the constituencies that elected him in 2008. There's a lot of disillusionment out there. And one of the prime candidates for losing the rosy view they had for the then-unknown candidate, is young people.

------------------------------------------

Can Obama Seduce Young Voters While Robbing Them Blind? Again? - Shawn Mitchell - Townhall Finance Conservative Columnists and Financial Commentary - Page 1

Can Obama Seduce Young Voters While Robbing Them Blind? Again?

by Shawn Mitchell

Hey students! Youth voters! Are you up for Hope and Change 2012? Here’s the deal. In just four years President Obama ran your personal share of the US debt from $30,000 to $50,000 ...and still rocketing up. Plus! You get to graduate from college with massive debt, and half of you will be underemployed or unemployed. Plus! He character-assaults anyone who wants to reform entitlements to slow down the massive wealth transfer from poorer you to richer old geezers. Plus! He promises you free stuff…then just puts it on your overcharged US credit card. Plus! Some of us are closer to the end of our earning and tax-paying years than others. We aren’t gonna pay no stinking $50,000! Guess you’ll have to cover us. Better get busy, suckers!! Hope and Change 2012…Tell a friend!!!”

Enthusiastic Facebookers know the angst of reconsidering impulsive rants. So, after reflection, I regret that my effort above—my “status” as the socially networked call it--from a few months back is so benign and understated.

Simply stated, few presidents in US history oversaw such total devastation of the prospects of young Americans. None gained office on a wave of youthful enthusiasm and adulation. None depended so desperately for reelection on re-energizing that same youth demographic to its historic former frenzy. None had a record as wretched as Barrack Obama from which to fashion a campaign pitch. Ominously, none faced a youth cohort so disengaged, deceived, superficial, and susceptible to cultural atmospherics that it just might work.

President Obama’s designs on a second term depend on energizing the very Americans his policies have hurt the worst: young workers, students, and others who will soon enter the workforce.

(snip)

(Full text of the article can be read at the above URL)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2012, 12:38 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,453,101 times
Many who did vote for him are not voting for him again

Old 07-30-2012, 12:39 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,453,101 times
Hateful angry liberals will vote for him again and again blame the conservatives for all the wrong that is happening because the liberal media is telling them to.

Old 07-30-2012, 12:47 PM

3,121 posts, read 3,098,001 times
The Repubs would do much better with the young if their Medicare plan didn't cater to the 55 and up crowd.

Old 07-30-2012, 12:52 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,522,129 times
The stupid ones will probably vote for him again but those who wised up (probably most) will look elsewhere.

Old 07-30-2012, 12:54 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Sure he can. Those that are 18 today were 15 in 2008 and more interested in friends, video games and clothes.
At 18 they are ripe for the picking of idealistic promises.

Old 07-30-2012, 01:00 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
I have been hearing that at least one poll of likely voters says that the number of people who say their kids will be better off than they are, today, has slipped from 27% when Obama took office to 14% today. When those numbers get widely known some of the stupid kids may wise up to the fact that since 1/2 of those who said better now say worse they may see some truth the Dems will never tell them. I can't wait for the lefties to deal with those numbers here on C-D.

Old 07-30-2012, 01:09 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,794,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I have been hearing that at least one poll of likely voters says that the number of people who say their kids will be better off than they are, today, has slipped from 27% when Obama took office to 14% today. When those numbers get widely known some of the stupid kids may wise up to the fact that since 1/2 of those who said better now say worse they may see some truth the Dems will never tell them. I can't wait for the lefties to deal with those numbers here on C-D.
All we can do is hope Obama isn't voted in again, and then maybe we'll have an additional 4 years to fire the rest of the professional politicians.

Old 07-30-2012, 01:55 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,941,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Sure he can. Those that are 18 today were 15 in 2008 and more interested in friends, video games and clothes.
At 18 they are ripe for the picking of idealistic promises.
Which is why it was a crazy idea to lower the voting age from 21 to 18.

There is a lot of growing up to be done between high school and adulthood...

And for the "war and vote" crowd in 1968 I was 19 years old in Vietnam and couldn't vote. Didn't scar me for life.

Old 07-30-2012, 02:18 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
Possibly yes, for some of our young, are too easily swayed. For those like some college grads i know personally who cannot find a job, are very disenchanted with obama.
After all he did promise them Hope n Change.
For those whose parents lost a job, or a home too, i do not think they will be so easily swayed.

Take a look around for gosh sakes, no rocket scientist needed to tell us we are in a very bad situation, and bankers i know who have some high position jobs, are telling me, get ready, it is going to get worse the next couple of months, so far information they have given me, has been right on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies