Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2012, 11:01 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,074 times

Advertisements

I thought the tea party was dead? And what is up with all these racist tea party folks voting for a cuban? Or I guess I should say "insurgent" as the NY Times calls him. Pathetic. lol
HOUSTON — Ted Cruz, an insurgent backed by the Tea Party, easily defeated the candidate favored by Gov. Rick Perry on Tuesday in a runoff election for the Republican Senate nomination that revealed a wide rift in Texas between the party establishment and restless anti-incumbent activists on the right.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/01/us...race.html?_r=2

Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2012, 11:05 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,608,641 times
I voted for Ted, yesterday!

The Tea Party over took the Texas GOP Convention in June, too. Notice they have not announced who won Texas delegate count? It was not the establishment. I was there to witness it, first hand and have my seat in Tampa.

Old 08-01-2012, 12:09 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,367,190 times
As I cruz'd around the DFW area today in my SUV, I noticed something.......

No old campaign signs anywhere for Ted Cruz. Yet for his opponent, they were everywhere, at every corner, every lot, every field, etc. As were other election placards for others.

I wonder why?

My thoughts:

1. None were put up. (not true - they were there right up to the election).

2. His campaign people went out and properly policed the signs after the election.

3. His opponent's supporters removed the signs before (or after?) the election.

4. His campaign supporters followed the legal procedures and didn't put the signs where they aren't allowed. (again not true, the signs get stuck everywhere by every campaign).

I have long stated I'd vote for whomever would remove all the political signs after an election no matter who it was.

Well, this time, it seems I did.

Old 08-01-2012, 12:49 PM

Those signs are big deal. My wife ran for city council a couple years ago and one of the guys she was running against tried to buy up all the sign stands, you know the wire things the signs slip over, from all the former council folks everywhere around here so she couldn't get any up. Then he also threatened a few folks who owned some small business that if he saw the "wrong" signs in their yards and he was elected they may not like it. My wife didn't win but thankfully neither did this bozo. Some of these people are bananas.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:21 PM

1,767 posts, read 2,348,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post

And what is up with all these racist tea party folks voting for a cuban?

His father fought alongside Castro in the Cuban revolution.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:24 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,212,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by king's highway View Post

That was before it was widely known that Castro was a communist. Cruz's father was fighting to remove Batista from power. Castro the only option.
Quote:
His father was jailed and tortured by the Batista regime and fought for Fidel Castro in the Cuban Revolution but "didn't know Castro was a Communist" and later became a staunch critic of Castro when "the rebel leader took control and began seizing private property and suppressing dissent".

Old 08-01-2012, 04:27 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,300,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I thought the tea party was dead? And what is up with all these racist tea party folks voting for a cuban? Or I guess I should say "insurgent" as the NY Times calls him. Pathetic. lol
HOUSTON — Ted Cruz, an insurgent backed by the Tea Party, easily defeated the candidate favored by Gov. Rick Perry on Tuesday in a runoff election for the Republican Senate nomination that revealed a wide rift in Texas between the party establishment and restless anti-incumbent activists on the right.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/01/us...race.html?_r=2

Shhhhh! Let the left continue to think the Tea Party is dead!

Old 08-01-2012, 04:29 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,300,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I voted for Ted, yesterday!

The Tea Party over took the Texas GOP Convention in June, too. Notice they have not announced who won Texas delegate count? It was not the establishment. I was there to witness it, first hand and have my seat in Tampa.
That's great news!

Old 08-01-2012, 04:30 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,781,228 times
At his victory party, Cruz served a large buffet of Chick-Fil-A chicken and side dishes.

http://legalinsurrection.com/2012/07...victory-party/

I'd never heard of him until now, but he sounds like my kind of guy.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by king's highway View Post

So he's a communist running as a tea party guy? LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies