Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 05:25 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,714,837 times

Advertisements

The law is called the WARN Act.

Senator Obama co-sponsored, supported, and spoke in favor of this law's passing in Congress.

It says that the a employee of the government must get at least a 60 day notice before he or she is laid-off.

The impending government cut-backs on military spending will be putting thousands of people out of work and laid-off.

This means the government is REQUIRED to send them notices of that fact.

But those notices would be handed out just days before the 2012 election so Obama is trying to prevent the process of sending out these notices.

This would also open those defense companies up for lawsuits from the employees laid-off.

Every time Obama opens his mouth, the words that come out have an expiration date.

Read:

Obama Was Champion of WARN Act in ’07

Inhofe: Obama Administration 'Doesn't Want All These Pink Slips Going Out 5 Days Before Election'

Obama 'Setting Up Employers To Be Sued' By Telling Them To Ignore Pink Slip Law
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2012, 05:27 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
But only if there's a definite layoff. This is iffy because Congress could fund it and then there are no cuts.
But Congress is off for 5 weeks come Friday and they don't give a crap (for now anyways).

Old 08-01-2012, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
But only if there's a definite layoff. This is iffy because Congress could fund it and then there are no cuts.
But Congress is off for 5 weeks come Friday and they don't give a crap (for now anyways).

As of this moment, the lay offs look to be a certainty.

Therefore, they are REQUIRED to give the employees notice.

I'm sure the employees that get the pink slips are smart enough to watch the news and find out (with relief) that their jobs are still there if anything changes.

But for now...the notices MUST be sent out and Obama CO-SPONSORED that bill!!!

Old 08-01-2012, 05:43 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,137,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well, Thats typical Obama policy. He was for it, before he was against it, but now, he can't remember
anything about it. Go figure that-------

Old 08-01-2012, 05:49 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,136,566 times
And people say Romney flip flops. I think Obama clearly beats him in that category.
This being a negative for Obama, I take it the liberals and media won't have much to say on it. Oh well, we are use to them not informing the American people of negatives of Obama. I'm sure there is some prank Romey story they feel is more important from his pre-school years

Old 08-01-2012, 06:01 PM

27,134 posts, read 15,310,658 times
Obama seems to be for a Law only when it suits him.

Welcome to "fundemental change".

Old 08-01-2012, 06:11 PM

Like freedom of speech......it only applies when LIBERALS have something to say.

Likewise, only laws that Obama feels like supporting are valid....even when he sponsors them!

Old 08-01-2012, 07:35 PM

29,817 posts, read 24,898,335 times
And he's well on his way to breaking the will of the people to overcome tyranny. This man is single handedly on his way to reversing what previous generations have worked tirelessly to establish. The very fabric of our great nation is being unwoven, and soon, he will set the whole damn thing ablaze. Obama the oppressor, I hope the liberals are happy with their champion.

Old 08-01-2012, 07:41 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
And people say Romney flip flops. I think Obama clearly beats him in that category.
This being a negative for Obama, I take it the liberals and media won't have much to say on it. Oh well, we are use to them not informing the American people of negatives of Obama. I'm sure there is some prank Romey story they feel is more important from his pre-school years
Obama does flip flop. But won't here about it from primetime News will we. The media will never make a deal about Obama, as they have past Presidents, and that is wrong.
The only thing we here about Obama, is how great, and wonderful he is, guess the fact that our economy is tanking in the toilet, flushing away, does not matter.

Old 08-01-2012, 07:42 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,136,566 times
I swear, just think fellow non-liberals, if we had real news outlets and real journalists. This news would have reached the masses ears by now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies