Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2012, 03:56 PM

3,325 posts, read 3,170,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
You're so right. Also, what about the babies who are born handicapped, (mentally or physically) and with multiple issues. Are you willing to drop everything else to take care of the baby, or just put it in an institution?
In all fairness statistically very few of the 50 million abortions we've had in this country were handicapped. Still, I'd say people deserve to live. Killing people just because you don't approve of them is........wrong.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2012, 03:57 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,916,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
This is just sick Just wonder about women who support this if they've really been inside an abortion clinic or have had one their selves. In my experience of talking to women who defend abortions to no end they've never done either one.

Not sure why abortions aren't handled at hospitals with real doctors and nurses...........
Because the states discipline doctors and hospitals where they are performed even though it is legal? Because there is a shortage of doctors who are trained and will perform them? Because there are many women without health insurance? This particular clinic, though is not the norm.

The Shortage of Physicians Trained and Willing to Perform Abortions in PA :: American Civil Liberties Union of Pennsylvania

Quote:
As the generation of physicians who experienced the tragedies of illegal abortion and who staffed the first legal abortion clinics in the post Roe vs. Wade era reach retirement age, clinics are finding it increasingly difficult to recruit replacements or expand their services. Physicians who are trained are often unwilling to perform abortions under the constant threat of harassment and violence against themselves and their families. A Planned Parenthood clinic in Pennsylvania spent two-and-a-half years searching for two physicians to perform abortions one day a week.
For Abortion Providers, Sonogram Law is a Complication — Abortion Sonogram Bill | The Texas Tribune

Quote:
Now, the physician performing the abortion — not an ultrasound technician, for example, or a secondary doctor — must conduct the sonogram on a separate day, a scheduling struggle when doctors providing elective abortions are in short supply and rotate between clinics.

“They’ve had to set aside a whole other day doing ultrasounds, visits that in most parts of medicine would be dedicated to people with less training than a physician,” Hagstrom Miller said. “The effect on their travel schedule, on their reimbursement, on patients’ access to them has been tremendous.”

Old 08-05-2012, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
"Developing" being the key word - they are not yet human beings. Sort of like cracking a fertilized chicken egg - you have not killed a chicken.
That's the same thing hitler said about jews. Strange.

Old 08-05-2012, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovalhead View Post
everybody knows once at conception the becoming in existence begins........however

pro-lifers have a problem

If a society is going to rule enforceable law prohibiting abortion, then the society is responsible for the premise
it is implying in the administration of the law.

If the new family member is held to be exactly that, not only is the natural father fully responcible for the best reasonable care and well being of the new baby member....but grandparents all bros and sisters including first cousins as the family is directly implied and in a state of progress-flourish by the new member.

Until this is exactly enforced disengaging the responsibility of the public tax payer to contribute to another families well being and flourish....the law against abortion cannot exist because it is an outright offer of contradiction to its people at their expense...this fundamental contradictory position enforced in law and order interferes with unity in the whole, mans primary goal.

In short there are only two logical outcomes....

Man is still a murderer and that is simply part of his existence or

He's too greedy and stupid to understand his actions and intent.

To argue pro-life and leave the mother in the woods is anti-life.

No mother can raise a baby-child on her own in any circumstance. The family is free to progress , the family pays...family is family....they are all there for the fun times and build off one anothers presence...adding to this force by another person in the baby is an asset.
Mine did. She did something called......work. Quite remarkable when you think about it.

Old 08-05-2012, 04:13 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
It's better for a woman to abort than have a channel she hates or don't want leaving the child in life long hell of suffering.
are those the only choices available?

because that sounds a lot like emotional blackmail to me-"if you don't let me have an abortion, i will treat the child badly after birth".

a rather pathetic viewpoint, don't you think?

we can do better, and education is the answer.

Old 08-05-2012, 04:13 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
Mine did. She did something called......work. Quite remarkable when you think about it.
Then you had a babysitter? That would be...help.

Old 08-05-2012, 04:18 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
In all fairness statistically very few of the 50 million abortions we've had in this country were handicapped. Still, I'd say people deserve to live. Killing people just because you don't approve of them is........wrong.
That picture is extremely offensive when presented in the abortion debate.

Old 08-05-2012, 04:39 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,735,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Ain't it the truth!

And abortion clinics would be on every street corner!!!!!!

And nobody would be whining here in CD!!

No kidding. Nothing like 26 hours of labor and a dry birth to convince me that it was the most horrible experience of my life. I love my son with all my heart but not even God could have convinced me to try that feat again. Needless to say my son is an only child.

Old 08-05-2012, 04:43 PM

1,114 posts, read 1,224,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Its funny to watch the pro-abortionists try to dodge away from the beliefs of Margaret Sanger. Don't you realize that when you support Planned Parenthood that you associate yourself with the founders beliefs? It is quite obvious why PP wants to sweep its racist origins under the carpet - but by trying to justify the organization - you are wasting the benefits of being educated.
That's about as ridiculous as saying that if you eat Kellogg's cereals that you associate yourself with John Kellogg's beliefs. Kellogg founded the Race Betterment Foundation, which became a major center of the new eugenics movement in America. Kellogg was in favor of racial segregation and believed that immigrants and non-whites would damage the gene pool.

Maybe you have used a device called a telephone? Alexander Graham Bellle was a Eugenicist.

Eugenics was a popular movement in the United States endorsed and promoted by a majority at the time. The majority of the states had laws which enforced compulsory sterilization. Sanger was only one out of many who was associated with this movement. Others included:

Women's Christian Temperance Movement
President Teddy Roosevelt
John Maynard Keynes
President Woodrow Wilson
Supreme Court Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes
Bertrand Russell
George Bernard Shaw
Harry Laughlin
H.G. Wells
foundations connected to the Rockefellers, Harrimans, and Carnegies

Old 08-05-2012, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
That picture is extremely offensive when presented in the abortion debate.
One out of every three black pregnancies ends in abortion. Many within the black community feel that is extremely offensive. So do I.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies