Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2012, 08:16 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The time to decide you really don't want to be a pilot is before you leave the ground.

Grabbing a parachute midflight and jumping out with people onboard may solve your career problem, but your previous actions have placed innocent individuals in a terrible position that they did not create.

If a woman doesn't want to be pregnant, she needs to not copulate.

If she does copulate, she needs to use every precaution to prevent pregnancy.

If all that fails, she needs to accept responsibility for making an innocent child dependent on her body for the next few months.

It was her decisions and her actions that created the situation she finds herself in.
So you believe all pregnant women should be penned up until they deliver the baby.....that is just sick.

You believe that every human who makes a mistake should suffer for for the rest of their lives...how incredibly stupid. Also incredibly stupid is how you expect human nature to change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2012, 08:16 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
Nice, gender bias.
People who cannot get pregnant really have little say on the issue.

Old 08-05-2012, 08:17 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
A fetus could not feel pain until cortex of the brain is developed enough for consciousness which is around 28 weeks. General anesthesia works by putting the cortex of the brain into a deep sleep. Any withdraw movements noted from stimulation is a spinal cord reflex. Spinal cord reflexes are intact during general anesthesia.

Old 08-05-2012, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
don't kid yourself. plenty of conservatives get abortions. FYI parasite is a medical term.
Thank you. My point.

I love kids. I love babies. I'm so happy I have my kids.

But, I CHOSE to have them.

I wasn't forced to.

Old 08-05-2012, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
LOL I would love to meet the OB/GYN who calls babies parasites. Bet that person has a lot of business.
Ask one. They'll tell you that's what they are until they're viable. Clinically speaking.

Old 08-05-2012, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Sorry, but I'm an open book. Denying humanity to well, humans, is not a characteristic of conservatives. That's for you guys.

Denying humanity is not a characteristic of conservatives!?!?

Well, it IS a characteristic of the lunatics who think all women have to do is quit having sex so they won't need an abortion...THAT is denying humanity.

Old 08-05-2012, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Don't kid yourself..........you're a liberal. No conservative would ever equate human beings with parasites.
I do not equate human beings with parasites.

We are discussing the characteristics of a fetus that is incapable of survival without the mother (host).

I am discussing this logically.

Old 08-05-2012, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
This thread is rife with excuses why inconvience, personal lack of restraint or control are more important than a life, that's sad.
YUP! Humanity sucks but it ain't going to change!

Old 08-05-2012, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
So are you going to answer his question? You keep sidestepping it.

Do you think women should be forced against their will to stay pregnant to term, labor and deliver a child against their will?
Of course. You know the answer.

Old 08-05-2012, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
YUP! Humanity sucks but it ain't going to change!
Humanity is just fine. We need to stay the hell outta other people's private affairs.

Abortion. Is. Legal.

And should be. Murder is not.

There's a reason for the distinction.

If Neo-conservatives cared as much about the lives of living, breathing, creatures as much as they care about embryos?

This would be a non issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies