Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2012, 08:59 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,573,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
That idiot couldn't keep his stories straight, first he said he or nobody else knew
Obama at Columbia then in the next breath he said everybody said Obama had
bad grades....so which yarn is the truth?
I don't recall that, do you have a quote?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2012, 09:07 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,671,694 times
What we have here is a dirty political process known as "Swiftboating". John Kerry, look it up.

Old 08-07-2012, 09:07 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,573,754 times
I'll help you meson, this is what he said.

If anyone should have questions about Obama’s record at Columbia University, it’s me. We both graduated (according to Obama) Columbia University, Class of ’83. We were both (according to Obama) Pre-Law and Political Science majors. And I thought I knew most everyone at Columbia. I certainly thought I’d heard of all of my fellow Political Science majors. But not Obama (or as he was known then- Barry Soetoro). I never met him. Never saw him. Never even heard of him. And none of the classmates that I knew at Columbia have ever met him, saw him, or heard of him.
But don’t take my word for it. The Wall Street Journal reported in 2008 that Fox News randomly called 400 of our Columbia classmates and never found one who had ever met Obama.

The first question I’d ask is, if you had great grades, why would you seal your records?

So let’s assume Obama got poor grades. Why not release the records? He’s president of the free world, for gosh sakes. He’s commander-in-chief of the U.S. military. Who’d care about some poor grades from three decades ago, right? So then what’s the problem? Doesn’t that make the media suspicious? Something doesn’t add up.

Secondly, if he had poor grades at Occidental, how did he get admitted to an Ivy League university in the first place? And if his grades at Columbia were awful, how’d he ever get into Harvard Law School? So again those grades must have been great, right? So why spend millions to keep them sealed?

Third, how did Obama pay for all these fancy schools without coming from a wealthy background? If he had student loans or scholarships, would he not have to maintain good grades?
Root: Obama

Old 08-07-2012, 09:35 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,026,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
What we have here is a dirty political process known as "Swiftboating". John Kerry, look it up.
What term to you call what dirty harry reid is doing to Romney? What we really have here is somebody saying hey if you folks want to play lets play. I doubt we'll hear much more about this in the media as Axlerod will shut up dirty harry about this whole thing now.

Old 08-07-2012, 09:43 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,854,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I can't stand Hannity, he drives me crazy, but I watched the segment. We will soon have proof of Barry's Indonesian citizenship assuming this reporter makes it back to the U.S. alive. Hope he has stashed copies, just in case. He does work for Breitbart and it wouldn't look right if they had another untimely death so close to another expose'. Notice Hannity is careful to make sure to remind his viewers 'I am not a birther" - he's such a coward!
Anyway, even with the goods on Barry, I'm sure they'll come up with some explanation that will make it sound perfectly reasonable. He was a kid. What will he do next to take the focus off of himself, start a war, stage another mass shooting, collapse a few banks, knock out a power grid, what will he do?
Oh, God, not another conspiracy theory!

Old 08-07-2012, 09:48 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,747,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
What term to you call what dirty harry reid is doing to Romney? What we really have here is somebody saying hey if you folks want to play lets play. I doubt we'll hear much more about this in the media as Axlerod will shut up dirty harry about this whole thing now.
Chicago style politics. I'm sure when Harry made these outrageous claims, Obama was thinking "I approve this message".

Old 08-07-2012, 10:15 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,467,299 times
Quote:
read and weep
hey! phil berg's creative whimsical legal interpretations.

your post claud is from berg's argument in the hollister v soetoro case ( berg lost ). if you'd like to see a point by point breakdown of why berg got it wrong:

Hollister v. Indonesian Citizenship Law | Obama Conspiracy Theories

or read the law for yourself:

UNHCR | Refworld | Law No. 62 of 1958, Law on the Citizenship of the Republic of Indonesia

Old 08-07-2012, 10:22 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,854,411 times
What's the deal with this "White House Panic"? What was Obama's response to this revelation?

Old 08-07-2012, 10:32 PM

7,516 posts, read 5,761,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Another thread by Steve McGarret with a title that is a lie.

While Root (a long debunked buffoon) suggests in a classic act of wild Birther speculation that Obama might have been a foreign exchange student, he does so from what he admits is a position of complete and unrefined personal ignorance. He does not say that "Obama went to college as a Foreign citizen" because he admits that he doesn't know one way or the other.

Remember, this guy has been saying for more than four years that nobody at Columbia knew Obama. And that was a lie before it ever first left his lips.

I guess my whole problem with this is that they are college transcripts and documents. Why in the world would anyone seal them let alone the President of the US?

Old 08-07-2012, 10:32 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,467,299 times
Quote:
We will soon have proof of Barry's Indonesian citizenship....
that will be a neat trick since the theory conflicts with US and indonesian law.

Quote:
..... assuming this reporter makes it back to the U.S. alive.
accepting bets?

Quote:
He does work for Breitbart......
who already showed obama was not registered at columbia as "barry soetoro" ( in conflict with root's claim ).

The Vetting - Exclusive Document Debunks Myth About Obama's Columbia Years

Quote:
What will he do next to take the focus off of himself, start a war, stage another mass shooting, collapse a few banks, knock out a power grid, what will he do?
is there a conspiracy theory you don't embrace?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies