Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2012, 03:06 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
Has it occurred to you that Obama has absolutely no interest in appeasing people such as yourself, clamoring for this information?
Then, he should vacate public office. That way he can keep information about himself as private as he wants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2012, 03:08 PM

3,501 posts, read 3,138,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Then, he should vacate public office. That way he can keep information about himself as private as he wants.
I don't think he's losing any sleep over the likes of you and your imaginary "information"

Old 08-09-2012, 03:08 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,146,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
It doesn't matter. Even if it were true it wouldn't matter. And I have not smoked anything other than cigars in more than 40 years.
Why doesn't it matter? Why wouldn't it matter? Explain.

I think it does and would matter, because if someone, who was not born here or renounced his citizenship or what have you, can become president without anyone giving a damn, what is to stop more people from doing it? We might as well just burn the Constitution, because, if this is true and, again, not saying it is, they are completely disregarding one of the documents that helped keep this country going.

I want his presidency to be completely legal! You have no idea how badly I want that, and I am 85% sure that it is, but a little substantiation never hurt anyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
what crime do you believe has been committed? what is your evidence for this belief?
I have none. I'm not saying he committed any crime. I'm saying that if it's discovered that he did charges should be filed. The issue here is a completely lack of evidence, on both sides of the argument.

Quote:
have been, for about 4 years now.
Not the people that should be. Just the birthers who want him to be illegal just so they can satisfy their pride and say "I told you so.". I don't agree with that.

Quote:
wow, that a 180 on our legal system.
Maybe they should make an exception in this case, and do a 180 just to shut the birthers up so that we can all move on.
Quote:
so it's your contention that any conspiracy theorist can advance any belief without evidence and it's up to the accused to prove it false?
No I'm saying that the conspiracy theorist (and that is what I believe they are) should get more proof for their argument, and the accused should provide any proof they have. Otherwise they are not denying the accusations and in most peoples minds that is conceding.

Quote:
i agree. read this thread. the evidence that has been posted for proof of "foreign student" registration is an april fool's day joke ( the "fulbright scholarship" hoax ), an admitted prank birth certificate ( bomford ), a birth certificate from a convicted forger ( lucas smith ), a false interpretation of indonesian law and a complete avoidance of actual indonesian and US citizenship law.

common sense dictates if your beliefs are based on taking an april fool's day joke seriously than that belief is......... foolish.
I agree.

Quote:
agree again.
Good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
What about Romney? Oh, but that's "different"!
No, not different at all. I agree with you (for once, ) but the people calling out Romney are the same people who are telling people to leave Obama's past alone (paraphrasing). They'd have a better argument if Obama would release his transcripts and explain other stuff. The birthers are the prime example of what happens when you say something vague and when asked about it you don't explain anything and you leave everyone to come to their own conclusions. You get a mess.

Old 08-09-2012, 03:12 PM

Quote:
I don't think he's losing any sleep over the likes of you and your imaginary "information"
Hard to imagine why you would CHOOSE to remain purposely ignorant about the candidates.

For example, here's a VERY good reason why public office candidates' tax records, college transcripts, etc., should be disclosed to the public:
Romney Hid His Returns in 2002 Mass. Governor’s Race, Too – and When One Secret Came to Light, It Proved He’d Lied about His Eligibility to Serve

Old 08-09-2012, 03:12 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,234,436 times
Quote:
What makes you think only brilliant ones apply to Harvard?
I don't. And you haven't answered the question. Why would they choose a non brilliant applicant over a brilliant one?

Old 08-09-2012, 03:13 PM

3,501 posts, read 3,138,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post

Maybe they should make an exception in this case, and do a 180 just to shut the birthers up so that we can all move on.
Like when he released his birth certificate?
Honestly, it wouldn't matter what he released, the birthers would call it a fraud. If nothing he does would make them happy, why should he do anything?

Old 08-09-2012, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I don't. And you haven't answered the question. Why would they choose a non brilliant applicant over a brilliant one?
There could be any number of reasons. They were seeking geographic diversity, they ran out of brilliant affirmative action applicants, etc.

Old 08-09-2012, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Like when he released his birth certificate?
A forged composite of purported birth information is not acceptable.

Old 08-09-2012, 03:22 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,085,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
Why doesn't it matter? Why wouldn't it matter?
Becuase there is nothing wrong with it. Even were it true (it's not, but just for the sake of argument) there is no crime. No violation of law. No misrepresentation of fact. No civil harm. Nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson
I think it does and would matter, because if someone, who was not born here or renounced his citizenship or what have you, can become president without anyone giving a damn, what is to stop more people from doing it?
Well, now you're talking about something completely different. That's really not the subject of this thread... but as long as you brought it up, being born here is not really the test. Being a natural born citizen is the test, and depending on the circumstances a natural born citizen does not need to have been born here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson
I want his presidency to be completely legal! You have no idea how badly I want that, and I am 85% sure that it is, but a little substantiation never hurt anyone.
Then you should be very happy. It is 100% certain that his presidency is completely legal. More than a dozen courts have said so just in the last eight months.

Old 08-09-2012, 03:22 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,898,651 times
Quote:
What makes you think only brilliant ones apply to Harvard?
I don't think only brilliant ones apply to Harvard.

I think brilliant ones and not-so-brilliant ones apply. And Harvard gets to choose. I'm asking you why, when Harvard gets to choose between brilliant applicants and not-so-brilliant applicants that are minority students and all qualify for affirmative action, would Harvard choose anything but the brilliant applicants?

Let's look at it this way. Elite School is considered the best school in the country. Each year Elite has 100 openings. Each year Elite has 1000 applicants trying for those 100 spots. Elite picks the top 100 of the applicants. Of those 100 spots, Elite would like 20 to go to minorities. Some years, there are 20 minorities that automatically fall into the top 100. Some years they only have 18 minority students in the top 100, and they go back to the remaining 990 applicants, and seek out the top 2 minority students to meet their 20 minority student goal. They don't go back to the remaining 990 applicants and scrape the bottom of the barrel. They select the best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies