Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 11:30 AM

3,345 posts, read 3,075,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
THe UN cannot pass laws that prevent Americans from owning guns.

Now, will you please provide specific examples of other instances in which I have failed to refute nonsense coming from the mouths of right-wing knaves?

There you go again..... I never refuted that fact...... I was calling out you on your ignorance of the media and your one sided hatred
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2012, 11:31 AM

5,261 posts, read 4,156,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
They've been babbling that nonsense for about a month now. It's sad that our conservative friends are so completely clueless, so completely stupid, that they continually fall for this nonsense but they do. Over and over and over again the right wing spin doctors fabricate new lies out of nothing yet the idiots keep believing it and accepting it without question.

It has become so routine and so common that you just have to wonder what sort of mental defects cause a person to be so gullible and ignorant as the average conservative.
They're dull people. It's that simple. This type of ideology appeals to dullards. That's why they believe nonsense time and again.

Old 08-09-2012, 11:48 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
I suspect many of these conspiracy theories start with some well-educated right-winger, who creates them knowing that the yokels will buy it and spread the nonsense. It's probably calculated.
It is calculated. It is very calculated. What you are witnessing is the republican Party unleashing their far right fringe, political pit bulls. The message to be disseminated now is that "Everything is a conspiracy". Two weeks from now it will be something else and they will all be on the same page. In professional political circles it is known as getting your SOCO out. (Single Overiding Communication Objective) it is an actual term and every professional pundit or internet message bearer know the tactic. For example, the Temple Shooting. The SOCO there is to first imply it's a government plot and then swing the whole event back to President Obama. There's not a grain of truth but that doesn't matter. The objective is to create doubt. This election is very close. If These pit bulls can create doubt in two undecided voters out of a hundred then they have achieved their goal. The republican establishment is doing nothing to stop the falsehoods. Remember when John McCain had the town hall meeting and the woman got up and accused Obama of being a Muslum? John McCain shut her down quickly. Ever since then, the Republicans have hated McCain and you don't hear any mainstream republican speaking out against the current rantings of the fringe.

As usual, the Democrats are bringing a knife to a political gunfight. They just can't believe that this is total political war and destruction. they still think reasonable men are involved.

Last edited by mohawkx; 08-09-2012 at 12:06 PM..

Old 08-09-2012, 12:20 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Who is unleashing the "pit bulls"?? Right after the Colorado shooting the democrats tried to amend the cyber security bill with gun control legislation and they tried to push through a second one to boot. That is not a conspiracy it is right there for all to see. Many will of course look the other way.

As for the election all one has to do is look at the actions of Dirty Harry Reid and the nonstop calls for tax returns to be handed over by the democrats. All of course to deflect from the job the great one is doing. Not to mention calling Romney a felon and now a murderer in political ads. You call that bringing a knife? LOL.

Old 08-09-2012, 12:25 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Quote:
The UN will shortly be voting on a resolution that will take away all guns from Americans! And, shudder, 60 senators are prepared to sign it!

Local talk show host at first tries to explain that the UN cannot do this but then gives up, thus allowing it to spread with the tin-foil crowd.

Yes, I heard about this little gem a while ago. All I can say to anyone who believes it is...stupid is as stupid does.

Old 08-09-2012, 12:26 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Who is unleashing the "pit bulls"?? Right after the Colorado shooting the democrats tried to amend the cyber security bill with gun control legislation and they tried to push through a second one to boot. That is not a conspiracy it is right there for all to see. Many will of course look the other way.

As for the election all one has to do is look at the actions of Dirty Harry Reid and the nonstop calls for tax returns to be handed over by the democrats. All of course to deflect from the job the great one is doing. Not to mention calling Romney a felon and now a murderer in political ads. You call that bringing a knife? LOL.
Well, maybe they are getting smarter.

Old 08-09-2012, 12:29 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,550,899 times
Quote:
The UN will shortly be voting on a resolution that will take away all guns from Americans! And, shudder, 60 senators are prepared to sign it!

Local talk show host at first tries to explain that the UN cannot do this but then gives up, thus allowing it to spread with the tin-foil crowd.

These stories always make me chuckle. The RW blogs and sites that come up with this crap are absolutely hilarious. The only things that dampens my enjoyment of these stories is that people actually believe them. That makes me sad.

Old 08-09-2012, 12:29 PM

Yeah they realize that is all they got. It may well work too. If it does we are doomed. Well we probably are no matter who is elected because the hole has gotten so big there is no way got dig out of it.

Old 08-09-2012, 12:31 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times
Quote:

Links , proof etc... I call total BS.... no such event took place today or yesterday...... Failed thread

Old 08-09-2012, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
These stories always make me chuckle. The RW blogs and sites that come up with this crap are absolutely hilarious. The only things that dampens my enjoyment of these stories is that people actually believe them. That makes me sad.
They cannot do this? They are and have been. It draft wasn't passed last month but it's not as if it's all made up. Do you even pay attention to what is going on or just chuckle at the radio and blog sites? I don't see how something that is being drafted up by the UN is a conspiracy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies