Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 12:33 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,661,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Yeah they realize that is all they got. It may well work too. If it does we are doomed. Well we probably are no matter who is elected because the hole has gotten so big there is no way got dig out of it.
You could be right about that. It may not matter who is elected at this point but I'm not the gloom and doom type. I believe that America has endured much worse and come out on top. I believe we'll do the same irregardless of who gets the throne.

Do I really have to take the time to debunk this whole scare tactic of the right that the UN is banning all guns in the USA? Really? Come on, you all know that's not true by any stretch of the imagination. I mean seriously. You're just trying to create fear with another issue to throw out at election time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2012, 12:35 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
You could be right about that. It may not matter who is elected at this point but I'm not the gloom and doom type. I believe that America has endured much worse and come out on top. I believe we'll do the same irregardless of who gets the throne.
I'd rather not see another war on our soil though.

Old 08-09-2012, 12:44 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,661,538 times
Quote:
I'd rather not see another war on our soil though.
Unfortunately, if that were to happen, then those who would rebel against the duly elected government of the people would be similarly crushed as the traitors they are. Just like the last time.

Old 08-09-2012, 12:47 PM

We won the revolutionary war.

Old 08-09-2012, 12:49 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Ah, so you are against background checks? After all, if there's nothing we can do to prevent these massacres, why should we go through the charade of having background checks? Furthermore, you should also be against any gun laws.

I guess we'll all just have to "get used to it."
Would these back ground checks have prevented any of the recent shootings? no
There are over 300 million guns in the USA.
Lets be realistic about how far you can go with gun laws, dont get the idea i'm an advocate for guns as i'd like to throw em all to the bottom of the ocean but that will never happen and laws like background checks and similar laws are basically useless.

Old 08-09-2012, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post

Do I really have to take the time to debunk this whole scare tactic of the right that the UN is banning all guns in the USA? Really? Come on, you all know that's not true by any stretch of the imagination. I mean seriously. You're just trying to create fear with another issue to throw out at election time.
I never said the UN was banning all guns in the USA. If they could they surely would not hesitate. That is besides the point though. They are working on a gun treaty and the senate doesn't have the votes.....yet. It does take steps to implement such a thing. It won't happen overnight but don't think for a second that there is a big group that would love to see the second done away with. You know that.

Old 08-09-2012, 12:53 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,155,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Would these back ground checks have prevented any of the recent shootings? no
There are over 300 million guns in the USA.
Lets be realistic about how far you can go with gun laws, dont get the idea i'm an advocate for guns as i'd like to throw em all to the bottom of the ocean but that will never happen and laws like background checks and similar laws are basically useless.
Then why can't you people just be honest about it and proclaim that we shouldn't have background checks or limitations on gun ownership? THe NRA and the others from the gun crowd insist on saying that we need background checks. You don't really believe in them, so why continue the charade. You don't believe anything can be done about these types of killings, so just be honest about it. Put it out there: We should not have background checks. Let the public form an honest judgment about you guys.

Old 08-09-2012, 12:54 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,155,515 times
Quote:
I never said the UN was banning all guns in the USA. If they could they surely would not hesitate. That is besides the point though. They are working on a gun treaty and the senate doesn't have the votes.....yet. It does take steps to implement such a thing. It won't happen overnight but don't think for a second that there is a big group that would love to see the second done away with. You know that.
Wait a minute. There's a proposal floating around the U.S. Senate to ban all guns in the United States? Let's hear about that.

Old 08-09-2012, 01:05 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,231,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
The UN will shortly be voting on a resolution that will take away all guns from Americans! And, shudder, 60 senators are prepared to sign it!

Local talk show host at first tries to explain that the UN cannot do this but then gives up, thus allowing it to spread with the tin-foil crowd.

Don't you know that if your equally dumb conservative friends said so then it must be true!!

Old 08-09-2012, 01:05 PM

They don't have the votes to ratify the treaty if the UN put it out. Pay attention. Your posts are all over the place and make no sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies