Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 07:36 PM

2,664 posts, read 5,637,059 times

Advertisements

GOP concerned Christie is throwing Obama a political lifeline | WashingtonExaminer.com
Conservatives Bash Christie For Cooperating With Obama Post-Sandy
that didnt take long lol
its funny that even romney doesn't have a problem with christie in this case, Romney camp stands by Christie for working with Obama during storm | The Ticket - Yahoo! News perhaps he is not as dumb as the other republicans who are bashing christie cuz he tryin to be careful not to say the wrong thing b4 the election
honestly, what did they expect him to do? turn the president down and tell him to f off, we dont need yo help or what
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2012, 08:11 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,929,235 times
My own view is that Christie has acted in a mature, sensible, responsible and statesmanlike manner.

Old 10-31-2012, 08:13 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
They are so STUPID that they cannot realize that what Christie is doing is helping Romney. Democrats would never consider voting republican are getting a refreshing look at a man who cares more about his citizens and his home state than he cares about politics or the election.

Christie is simply telling the truth. Obama is doing a hell of a job.

Old 10-31-2012, 08:23 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,368,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
My own view is that Christie has acted in a mature, sensible, responsible and statesmanlike manner.
I agree and the article said it all that Christie put his state and the people first instead of the {R} party. Notice the contrast where that worthless {R} gas bag Limbaugh puts the party first and slams Christie.

Old 10-31-2012, 08:24 PM

a lot of people in affected areas like me dont care bout politics at this point, its like whatever can be done to help the people must be done, the more assistance there is from the fed govt and eryone else, the better, esp if it's an effective assistance like when obama said he ll get military planes to bring the contractors from as far as cali to help restore power to speed up the process
if i was republican, id be extra displeased with the stubborn, selfish republicans who are bashing this cooperation, its jus str8 up immature and childish, and they are not thinking bout what's good for the people in need and making other less extreme republicans look bad

Old 10-31-2012, 08:25 PM

45,235 posts, read 26,464,208 times
Two politicians spending other people's money, no need treat it like the second coming.

Old 10-31-2012, 08:32 PM

btw i dont see any political agenda here like the article speculated, i jus see two men putting their differences aside and actually doing what they were put there to do: working together to get things done for the people, both these men are showing character when they're praising each other's efforts even though they have strong disagreements when it comes to political beliefs
DC politicians no matter the party should learn from this

Obama, Christie Joint Press Conference - YouTube

Old 10-31-2012, 08:34 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Two politicians spending other people's money, no need treat it like the second coming.
Sorry that is all you see. Why don't you enjoy all of your money alone on a deserted island where no one can take it away or spend it for you?

Old 10-31-2012, 08:35 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,500,678 times
It's refreshing to see a Rep Gov that doesn't feel the need to kiss a** on the RW. Makes me wish he would run for a higher office, but he really seems to enjoy being the leader of his home state. He has shown remarkable leadership during this disaster.

Old 10-31-2012, 08:37 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayiask View Post
It's refreshing to see a Rep Gov that doesn't feel the need to kiss a** on the RW. Makes me wish he would run for a higher office, but he really seems to enjoy being the leader of his home state. He has shown remarkable leadership during this disaster.
Some guys I think find their niche and find that a job like being the Governor of NJ can be bigger than POTUS. This is his moment to live up to his calling.

We have a Governor in MN like this. Mark Dayton was by all accounts an average at best US Senator but he is shining as the Governor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies