Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 07:28 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,594,667 times

Advertisements

Gov. Christie praises Obama response to Hurricane Sandy as Outstanding

Christie, a prominent surrogate for GOP candidate Mitt Romney, said Obama had moved quickly to help designate his state a disaster area to better expedite federal assistance.
“The federal government’s response has been great. I was on the phone at midnight again last night with the president, personally, he has expedited the designation of New Jersey as a major disaster area,” said Christie, in an interview with NBC’s “Today.”

“Last night, I was on the phone with FEMA at 2 a.m. this morning to answer the questions they needed answered to get that designation and the president has been outstanding in this. The folks at FEMA, [Administrator] Craig Fugate and his folks have been excellent,” he continued.

In a separate interview with MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” Christie added to the praise, saying that “the president has been all over this and deserves great credit.”
“He gave me his number at the White House and told me to call him if I needed anything,” he added.
Connecticut Gov. Dan Malloy (D) on the Today show thanked Obama and said the president had done a "magnificent job." Malloy also praised FEMA, saying the agency had done "amazing early work to get us ready."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2012, 07:32 AM

1,316 posts, read 1,447,417 times
Money talks....!

Old 10-30-2012, 07:39 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,963,320 times
Very interesting. Gov Romney thinks he's going to be able to cut funding to Fema if elected president? I don't think so!

Old 10-30-2012, 07:41 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,234,949 times
Grover Norquist will want Christie's head for cooperating.

Old 10-30-2012, 07:52 AM

45,541 posts, read 27,157,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaffeetrekker View Post
Money talks....!
... and voters...

Obama does not want to be seen as taking his time on this - plus, it's in his backyard.

Nice of Christie to play it straight a pay a compliment when it is warranted.

Old 10-30-2012, 07:55 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,328,913 times
I have to say, I would probably vote for neither of them, but Chris Christie and Scott Brown are becoming two of my favorite non-liberal pols. They're partisan - all politicians are. But they know *when* to be partisan. Big difference between them and the other jug-heads in the GOP. In all fairness, there are jug-headed dems, too.

Old 10-30-2012, 07:56 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,105,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Gov. Christie praises Obama response to Hurricane Sandy as Outstanding

Christie, a prominent surrogate for GOP candidate Mitt Romney, said Obama had moved quickly to help designate his state a disaster area to better expedite federal assistance.
“The federal government’s response has been great. I was on the phone at midnight again last night with the president, personally, he has expedited the designation of New Jersey as a major disaster area,” said Christie, in an interview with NBC’s “Today.”

“Last night, I was on the phone with FEMA at 2 a.m. this morning to answer the questions they needed answered to get that designation and the president has been outstanding in this. The folks at FEMA, [Administrator] Craig Fugate and his folks have been excellent,” he continued.

In a separate interview with MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” Christie added to the praise, saying that “the president has been all over this and deserves great credit.”
“He gave me his number at the White House and told me to call him if I needed anything,” he added.
Connecticut Gov. Dan Malloy (D) on the Today show thanked Obama and said the president had done a "magnificent job." Malloy also praised FEMA, saying the agency had done "amazing early work to get us ready."
Good for both of them.

Old 10-30-2012, 07:56 AM

45,203 posts, read 26,421,987 times
Cool,one guv employee high fiving another.

Old 10-30-2012, 07:59 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,309,239 times
I wouldn't probably vote for Christie---not sure on that----but I respect him as a straight shooter who doesn't play games. He says what he thinks and does what he says. And you always know where he stands.

Old 10-30-2012, 08:00 AM

6,512 posts, read 7,545,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I wouldn't probably vote for Christie---not sure on that----but I respect him as a straight shooter who doesn't play games. He says what he thinks and does what he says. And you always know where he stands.
Agreed. He is still somewhat honest as a politician. Something we don't see very often.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies