Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 06:43 PM

341 posts, read 902,607 times

Advertisements

The new book from Washington Post-award winning reporter Colin Flaherty called “White Girl Bleed a Lot”: The Return of Race Riots to America and How the Media Ignore It which was published last month but hasn't been publicized much in the media.

Here's the site for the book and a blurb about it:

Race Riots. hate crimes. Flash robs. Black on White crime. Trayvon Martin. White Girl Bleed a Lot.

"Race riots are back.

Along with widespread racial crime and violence.

In hundreds of episodes in more than 50 cities since 2010, groups of black people are roaming the streets of America -- assaulting, intimidating, stalking, threatening, vandalizing, stealing, shooting, stabbing, even raping and killing.

They go by different names: Flash mobs, flash robs, or as one social worker put it: Kids just "blowing off steam."

But local media and public officials are silent. Crime is color blind, says a Milwaukee police chief. Race is not important, a Chicago newspaper editor says.

That denies the obvious: America is the most race conscious society in the world.

We learn that every day from black caucuses, black teachers, black unions, black ministers, black colleges, black high schools, black music, black moguls, black hair business owners, black public employees, black art, black names, black poets, black inventors, black soldiers.

Everything except black violent crime. That is Taboo.

Result: Few know about it. Fewer still are talking about it.

The list of cities under attack is long and getting longer -- with some cities suffering dozens of attacks in the last year alone:

Almost as astonishing is the willingness of people in authority and in the media to deny it. Ignore it. Explain it away. Even condone and lie about it.

In Chicago, after weeks of racial violence where the newspapers refused to mention the crime was almost exclusively black gangs on individual whites, the Superintendent of the Police said he knew what was causing the violence: Sarah Palin.

A member of Congress from Chicago, Bobby Rush, said black violence in Chicago was routine and the only reason anyone was paying attention to the race riots in downtown Chicago was because it was it was black on white violence. This is a theme heard in Rochester, Washington, D.C., and dozens of other places: ‘What’s the big deal? This has been happening a long time in black neighborhoods.’

Congressman Rush is probably right. Which means this problem is hundreds of times worse than we think."
-------------------------------
Your thoughts on this issue?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2012, 06:44 PM

Not Flash Mobs: White Girl Bleed a Lot. The Return of Race Riots to America. by Colin Flaherty - YouTube

Old 04-16-2012, 06:54 PM

2,149 posts, read 1,516,462 times
Lone Star Watchdog: Are the Black Panthers and the White Supremacy Groups on the Same Federal Payroll?

Old 04-16-2012, 07:34 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
I think that it would be prudent to read the book before commenting on the content.

However, I will state that it is not a "new" phenomenom for news agencies to suppress inforamtion. For example, it is well known that crimes in certain areas (usually wealthy areas) are not reported on the local news in order to avoid "negative" attention.

Old 04-17-2012, 05:57 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
I don't really know for sure why the national media isn't reporting on this violence as much as it has been happening. And, I am not saying that it shouldn't be reported on. I am going to say this. There is a very big possibility that if it is reported, this might result in a backlash against the rest of the Black population. That is something to consider.

Old 04-17-2012, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I think that it would be prudent to read the book before commenting on the content.

However, I will state that it is not a "new" phenomenom for news agencies to suppress inforamtion. For example, it is well known that crimes in certain areas (usually wealthy areas) are not reported on the local news in order to avoid "negative" attention.
Could it be the same situation with the "flash mobs"?

Old 04-17-2012, 06:11 AM

My thoughts: Why would race riots be occurring again? What is the motive behind the attacks? What is the rationale behind such behavior?

Old 04-17-2012, 06:17 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
My thoughts: Why would race riots be occurring again? What is the motive behind the attacks? What is the rationale behind such behavior?
Riots are emotional, so I'm not sure "rationale" is a factor.

Old 04-17-2012, 06:18 AM

835 posts, read 1,040,591 times
"In Chicago, after weeks of racial violence where the newspapers refused to mention the crime was almost exclusively black gangs on individual whites, the Superintendent of the Police said he knew what was causing the violence: Sarah Palin."

I like how people are making this sound like Blacks are going to destroy the united states and everything is about to burn.

There are no race riots going on. I live in Newark,NJ, which is over 50% black, barley anything has stirred up here. The only things that have happened are peaceful protest for the martin case.

Funny how they don't mention the black teen that was attacked by whites in Chicago.

White Chicago teens charged with beating black youth over interracial relationship

How come I don't hear about white rioting?

Old 04-17-2012, 07:23 AM

Very interesting points everyone! Very interesting!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies