Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 10:51 AM

756 posts, read 713,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
...and if we had listened to Obama back then, Bin Laden would still be alive.

If Bush-Cheney had been able to serve another term, bin Laden would SURELY still be alive...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 10:51 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,714,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
IF we'd lkistened to Obama back then we wouldn't have gotten involved in a costly, asinine, useless war of choice.

Oh......so you OPPOSED going after Al Qaeda in Afghanistan after they murdered 3,000 people?

You know....the war that Obama called the "GOOD WAR"???

Dems Sour on Obama's "Good War" in Afghanistan

Quote:
But he has always said he supported military action in Afghanistan as a valid response to the Sept. 11 attacks that were planned there.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:55 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,358,694 times
Quote:
Oh......so you OPPOSED going after Al Qaeda in Afghanistan after they murdered 3,000 people?

You know....the war that Obama called the "GOOD WAR"???
No, I was opposed to the useless war of choice you so conveniently choose to ignore, the invasion/occupation of Iraq that has been of little/no benefit to the US.

You know, the war Obama DID NOT vote to fund?

Old 08-15-2012, 10:58 AM

Quote:
No, I was opposed to the useless war of choice you so conveniently choose to ignore, the invasion/occupation of Iraq that has been of little/no benefit to the US.

You know, the war Obama DID NOT vote to fund?

Oh so you mean the war that a majority of Democrats voted in favor of and when Obama wasn't even in Congress yet?

Yes, I recall he voted against the SURGE which was so successful in Iraq that he took credit for it and then repeated the same thing in Afghanistan.

Thanks for reminding me of that flip-flop by Obama.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Were you there to dispute their story?

I didn't think so...next.....
Were YOU on the boat with Kerry or is it just the hearsay I suspect you're trying to sell as gospel?

GregW has a much more balanced record in posts here than your one sided "Obama's wrong, what's the topic" brand of whine.

I'll take his word for it anyday over your partisan blather.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:03 AM

1,316 posts, read 2,464,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Yep.

He didn't build that, but he sure the hell took credit for it.

I, I, I, I.

What a disgrace he is to America!
The only disgrace to America is one man and his name is Bush who caused this trillion dollar debt and turned a surplus into a deficit with these freakin wars he has started. That's what you call a disgrace to our country.

Viewed From Another Angle: About President Obama and the Bin Laden Raid

This Commander discredits this entire post. Thank you Commander for realizing it's a two part success from one who makes the call, that would be the President and the exceptional expertise of the Navy Seal Team to physically get the job done. Without the call from the President to take him out, Bin Ladin will still be alive folks and that's the truth no matter how much denial you Conservatives are in.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Were YOU on the boat with Kerry or is it just the hearsay I suspect you're trying to sell as gospel?

GregW has a much more balanced record in posts here than your one sided "Obama's wrong, what's the topic" brand of whine.

I'll take his word for it anyday over your partisan blather.

He wasn't there serving with John Kerry either.

But many of the Swiftboaters WERE THERE SERVING WITH Kerry. I'll take their story over a pandering to the enemy backstabbing Kerry anyday.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Oh so you mean the war that a majority of Democrats voted in favor of and when Obama wasn't even in Congress yet?
I stand corrected on that, unlike you I realize both parties pretty much suck, that the majority of Democrats jumped on the BS Bandwagon to go to war does nothing to justify that great waste of blood & $$$ that's accomplished very little. It may have been a bipartisan clusterF**K but a clusterF**K none the less. And we know who made the go/no go decision, nothing you can say changes that fact.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:05 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,761,940 times
Name some

Old 08-15-2012, 11:05 AM

29,212 posts, read 22,348,584 times
Quote:
And leaks that concern national security are normally rooted out and the culprit fired or charged with a crime.

As a former Vietnam Navy Corpsman with the 1st Marines along the DMZ, the Swiftboaters told the truth about Kerry and it included people who served DIRECTLY with him.
That is complete BS! I was in the Navy at the same time Greg was, and heard the account from a river rat who was there. The swift boaters were nothing but a bunch of bald faced, blackhearted liars.

Have you ever served? If not, it would be best not to touch this one again. This is all old history now, but there are a big bunch of vets still alive who know the truth, and nothing the swift boaters said was true. Like the attack of the USS Liberty, this is still a very sore spot among us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies