Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 11:26 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
And I likewise don't care what YOU believe.

Where were YOU during Vietnam?
Are we only allowed to comment depending on our location?

Where were you when OBL was killed in Pakistan?

Quote:
You seriously want me....a Vietnam Veteran who served with the Marines in the worst area to side with a guy that came home, threw his medals over a fence, told the worst kind of lies, and gave aid and comfort to the very people who killed many of my friends?

Right......
The people responsible for the deaths of your friends and many others weren't in Vietnam, they were in Washington DC involving us in yet another useless war of choice. I wouldn't care if Kerry had jammed his medals up the keisters of McNamara, Johnson, Nixon et al. They deserved it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 11:28 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,770,674 times
Quote:
Right up North along the DMZ....Quang Tri Province to exact.
Thanks.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:34 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,713,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Are we only allowed to comment depending on our location?

Where were you when OBL was killed in Pakistan?
I say that because YOU are saying my take on the Swiftboaters is wrong.

What I DO know is what people like John Kerry did to us when he came home. Knowing what he did, lying about atrocities and such got people killed.

Quote:
The people responsible for the deaths of your friends and many others weren't in Vietnam, they were in Washington DC involving us in yet another useless war of choice. I wouldn't care if Kerry had jammed his medals up the keisters of McNamara, Johnson, Nixon et al. They deserved it.
Quote:
General Giap was a brilliant, highly respected leader of the North Vietnam military. The following quote is from
his memoirs currently found in the Vietnam War memorial in Hanoi:

"What we still don't understand is why you Americans stopped the bombing of Hanoi. You had us on the ropes.
If you had pressed us a little harder, just for another day or two, we were ready to surrender! It was the same at the battles of TET. You defeated us! We knew it, and we thought you knew it. But we were elated to notice your media was definitely helping us. They were causing more disruption in America than we could in the battlefields. We were ready to surrender. You had won!"

General Giap has published his memoirs and confirmed what most Americans knew. The Vietnam War was not lost in Vietnam -- it was lost at home. The exact same slippery slope, sponsored by the US media, is currently well underway. It exposes the enormous power of a biased media to cut out the heart and will of the American public.

A truism worthy of note: Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honor.
John Kerry was instrumental in causing lies to be spread in the media.

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
My political disappointment was realizing the President Nixon's "Secret Plan to Win the War" was to stay in the rat hole for four more years and 50,000 more casualties. Yeah, that was a brilliant plan. It worked so well the Bush's just had to try it again and again. Given the profits made off those 50,000 I suppose it was worth it for the profiteers that were never near the place.

OK, we Killed Osama. One rat down and how many zillion to go? Who is next? Where are they? Do we even know?

i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
I already posted ONE campaign ad of Obama taking credit.
You said he took full credit. That is a lie.

The only evidence you've provided to support this blatant lie is a video from the Obama campaign with Bill Clinton talking about Obama making the call to go in. Stating what Obama's role was is not the same thing as taking "full credit."

Perhaps you could try having evidence to support your assertions.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:43 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
I say that because YOU are saying my take on the Swiftboaters is wrong.

What I DO know is what people like John Kerry did to us when he came home. Knowing what he did, lying about atrocities and such got people killed.
Why not place your hate where it belongs, on those who sent you on a useless errand in the first place?

They say the first casualty of war is truth (some say morality), are you really saying there were no atrocities committed by the US in Vietnam?

Quote:
John Kerry was instrumental in causing lies to be spread in the media.
So were the military press officers. Why doesn't that seem to bother you?

Old 08-15-2012, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
You said he took full credit. That is a lie.
Actually, THAT is a lie.

I never said he took FULL credit.

Quote:
The only evidence you've provided to support this blatant lie is a video from the Obama campaign with Bill Clinton talking about Obama making the call to go in. Stating what Obama's role was is not the same thing as taking "full credit."

Perhaps you could try having evidence to support your assertions.
Since I never said that, I guess I don't have to.

I DID say he POLITICIZED it.

I DID say he took credit (not "FULL" credit).

I DID say the leaks were SPECIFICALLY done to make him look good.

Maybe you ought to be more precise before making your own claims?

Old 08-15-2012, 11:46 AM

1,698 posts, read 1,822,000 times
Are we still talking about how OBL was killed on Obama's watch?

Jeez, you guys are big fans!

Cool.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Why not place your hate where it belongs, on those who sent you on a useless errand in the first place?
I don't "hate" anyone.

I DO think John Kerry is a traitor however. He is certainly a disgrace to a Naval uniform!

I also don't believe the war in Vietnam was "lost" by the USA or that it didn't serve a great purpose when you look at the overall history of the Cold War.

Quote:
They say the first casualty of war is truth (some say morality), are you really saying there were no atrocities committed by the US in Vietnam?
I never said that. I said that John Kerry couldn't have POSSIBLY witnessed all the atrocities he said were going on like it happened every day in his short time in actual combat.

I PERSONALLY witnessed quite a few atrocities committed by the North Vietnamese however. No one ever mentions that.

I never witnessed a single one committed by the Marines I was attached to. I DID also witness Marines that put themselves in harm's way to PROTECT innocent civilians.

Quote:
So were the military press offices. Why doesn't that seem to bother you?
I don't recall the MILITARY PRESS stabbing us in the back???

I DO however recall seeing actual video clips of John Kerry lying before Congress.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:59 AM

Just to be perfectly clear.....

ANYONE who served in Vietnam gets my respect and I'd call them a Brother.

I give John Kerry all the credit due him for serving there.

It's what he did when he came home that I STRENUOUSLY object to and the reason I call him a traitor.

One can serve with great honor and heroism and then turn around throw all of that away when you call your "Brothers" murderers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies