Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 11:08 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,725,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo7 View Post
The only disgrace to America is one man and his name is Bush who caused this trillion dollar debt and turned a surplus into a deficit with these freakin wars he has started. That's what you call a disgrace to our country.
You haven't a CLUE!!

You don't even know the difference between a BUDGET deficit/surplus and the Federal Debt.

When Bush left office the budget deficit was only $300 Billion.

Under Obama, the DEBT has ballooned to $16 Trillion!!

Quote:

Viewed From Another Angle: About President Obama and the Bin Laden Raid

This Commander discredits this entire post. Thank you Commander for realizing it's a two part success from one who makes the call, that would be the President and the exceptional expertise of the Navy Seal Team to physically get the job done. Without the call from the President to take him out, Bin Ladin will still be alive folks and that's the truth no matter how much denial you Conservatives are in.

A BLOG post? Really???

It's documented that if the Bin Laden raid had gone bad, Obama already had it set up so he wouldn't take the blame.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 11:10 AM

68,351 posts, read 54,502,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
He wasn't there serving with John Kerry either.

But many of the Swiftboaters WERE THERE SERVING WITH Kerry. I'll take their story over a pandering to the enemy backstabbing Kerry anyday.
I don't give a rat's ass if you believe day is night, up is down, and right is left. It's not very difficult at all to find many articles concluding at best the SwiftBoaters were a partisan funded group offering incredibly biased, questionably truthful views of reality and at worst just blatant liars.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:10 AM

1,698 posts, read 1,826,064 times
jt,

Let's stay on topic.

Osama bin Laden was killed, and it was on President Obama's watch.

Ok, continue.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:12 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
So you mean those videos of Obama sitting in a chair were faked and he actually did the entire raid alone?
Are you that dense?

The claim was that Obama took full credit for it, which is a flat out lie made up by a bunch of right wingers who are desperately flinging any attack they can dream up.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:13 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,774,622 times
No self-respecting SEAL would denegrate himself to the lows of dirty politics so I don't put much into this ad at all. Plus, I would recommend this interview with General McRaven (sorry only found the transcript) to get a good feel on everything: CNN.com - Transcripts

Old 08-15-2012, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I don't give a rat's ass if you believe day is night, up is down, and right is left. It's not very difficult at all to find many articles concluding at best the SwiftBoaters were a partisan funded group offering incredibly biased, questionably truthful views of reality and at worst just blatant liars.

And I likewise don't care what YOU believe.

Where were YOU during Vietnam?

You seriously want me....a Vietnam Veteran who served with the Marines in the worst area to side with a guy that came home, threw his medals over a fence, told the worst kind of lies, and gave aid and comfort to the very people who killed many of my friends?

Right......

Old 08-15-2012, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Are you that dense?

The claim was that Obama took full credit for it, which is a flat out lie made up by a bunch of right wingers who are desperately flinging any attack they can dream up.
I already posted ONE campaign ad of Obama taking credit.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:19 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,774,622 times
Quote:
And I likewise don't care what YOU believe.

Where were YOU during Vietnam?

You seriously want me....a Vietnam Veteran who served with the Marines in the worst area to side with a guy that came home, threw his medals over a fence, told the worst kind of lies, and gave aid and comfort to the very people who killed many of my friends?

Right......
Please explain what the "worst area" was.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:24 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,859,471 times
Burdell - Thanks for your support.

Although I do not object to killing Osama I have to wonder if we have not started a War of Assassins where the objective is not to conquer your enemy’s capital but to take out their leaders, financial and political, in order to delay a knock down drag out total war. Our European tradition was not to kill the enemy’s King by assassination but on the open battlefield as at Agincourt. We are now in a War that is closer to gang criminality than War. I am certain the radicals of the world have learned the art of unsymmetrical warfare but are we ever going to learn how to eliminate these criminals? I have yet to see a reasonable, or even unreasonable, plan to prevent radicals from their destruction. Do any of you have any ideas on this topic besides returning killing for more killing?

Old 08-15-2012, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
Please explain what the "worst area" was.
Right up North along the DMZ....Quang Tri Province to exact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies