Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 09:39 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,888,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
How dare you suggest that he might be on drugs. I have stated before that my son used to have a job that Obama could not qualify for because my son has never tried drugs. Besides, people do not even test for drugs before a person is selected for the job. We are talking about Raleigh, North Carolina where Democrats, blacks and minorities rule.

Things in Raleigh will be changing after this next election and I am hoping they change in DC also. We are just about to elect the third Republican governor our state has had since the Civil War. And this governor will be greeted by a majority of Republicans in the N. C. Senate and House, unlike the other two Republican governors.

My son is a responsible human being and will get through this. Right now is just a hard time for them. I am sure we could find him something here in the Charlotte, but he has a lovely wife that wants to be near her mother so she can help with their three children. My son is a caring person too. I am proud of him.

I was only pointing out that it is harder now to find a job than it has been in the past. He was particularly upset at not getting this job because he knew he was more qualified than the person who ended up with it. I think he was lucky he did not get it. I keep watching for this company who is into energy saving lightbulbs and gets government money to go in the same direction as other companies that this administration is funding.
I didn't suggest he was on drugs, I just told you why a lot of the white applicants at my company don't get hired. We have an extensive drug test before anyone is hired with us and most of the people who fail are meth users, mostly white, a lot have cocaine in their system as well. If he wanted a job and his wife wants him to have a job he should move somewhere else to get a job, either where you are in Charlotte or somewhere else like Atlanta, which is also run by black democrats but where lots of white people somehow are able to find jobs.

I just found it odd that you blame your son's lack of work on black people especially when black unemployment across the country and probably in NC as well is much worse than whites. Also you remind me of some black people (I am black) who want to blame their lack of a job on a white person, or "the man" or some sort of politician. Regardless of what you think, most politicians have nothing to do with giving people jobs unless they are hiring for a public office. He probably is caring and a good guy, but to me, it sounds like you are blaming his failures on other people instead of just encouraging him to do what he needs to do to get employment.

Also how would you know that the black woman who got the job over your son is less qualified? Do you have access to HR records at the place where she works or know her educational and entire history of employment experience? I doubt it, especially since your probably don't know here and even admit you don't live in the same area as your son. Your son more than likely doesn't know either. I don't readily, as a black woman, give out my employment and educational history to work associates. I'm sure plenty of people at my company think they are more qualified than I am to do my job. Most are just jealous because I have a better position than they do.

If your son feels he is being discriminated against, he should sue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2012, 09:39 AM

24,644 posts, read 38,773,550 times
Quote:
My son has worked in the DC area as top secret in the Navy. I am not talking about a deadbeat here. He joined the Navy on the accelerated plan, put himself through college graduating third in his class at NC State and had been at his last job for 10 years. He is losing jobs to minorities that do not have half the qualifications he has. It is just not a good time for a white male to find a job, evidently.
Guess not.....even though white males have the lowest unemployment rate of any demographic in this country.

Quote:
One of the jobs he did not get was a company that the Democrats courted into this state. Obama visits it often. During the interview he was asked if he could work with black people and women. He said he looked around the room and every person in the office was black. He had no doubt whatsoever that he had been discriminated against when a black woman he had worked with in his old job who was less qualified than he was got the job. The reason he was given as to why he did not get the job was a lack of experience and she had less experience than he did. I cannot wait for this administration and our present governor to go. I think he will be O. K. then.
Ah, the Jesse Helms Excuse. "It's Black People's Fault!"

I should have known.

Old 08-16-2012, 09:47 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,888,310 times
Quote:
During the interview he was asked if he could work with black people and women. He said he looked around the room and every person in the office was black

And forgot to ask...Does your son have a problem working with black people or women?? If so, that is a reason why he wouldn't get a job if he has to work with people who aren't white guys.....

I have a direct hand in hiring specific managers and office workers for my company and I wouldn't hire someone who doesn't like black people or women since a lot of black people and women work here and are our clients.

ETA: I also don't think it is legal to ask those sorts of questions during an interview. Like I said above, if your son thinks he was discriminated against, he should sue. Being asked about how he feels about women and blacks is something that most people don't ask in interviews. I don't even ask about "diversity." But if someone starts to joke about women (which has happened with a few maintenance interviewees) or speaks disparaging about ANY group of people (which also happens in regards to black applicants speaking negatively about white people and "mexicans") I won't hire them or recommend them for a 2nd interview. It has the potential to cause a hostile work environment and open my company up to legal and HR issues since most of our property managers are black women and we have a good amount of different ethnicities that work for us and we serve a client that is very diverse, including people who don't speak English (mostly Russians and Koreans).

Old 08-16-2012, 09:52 AM

9,317 posts, read 18,805,821 times
We had so much work we could not see straight and did hire 6 people.

Old 08-16-2012, 10:01 AM
NCN

21,664 posts, read 25,731,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I didn't suggest he was on drugs, I just told you why a lot of the white applicants at my company don't get hired. We have an extensive drug test before anyone is hired with us and most of the people who fail are meth users, mostly white, a lot have cocaine in their system as well. If he wanted a job and his wife wants him to have a job he should move somewhere else to get a job, either where you are in Charlotte or somewhere else like Atlanta, which is also run by black democrats but where lots of white people somehow are able to find jobs.

I just found it odd that you blame your son's lack of work on black people especially when black unemployment across the country and probably in NC as well is much worse than whites. Also you remind me of some black people (I am black) who want to blame their lack of a job on a white person, or "the man" or some sort of politician. Regardless of what you think, most politicians have nothing to do with giving people jobs unless they are hiring for a public office. He probably is caring and a good guy, but to me, it sounds like you are blaming his failures on other people instead of just encouraging him to do what he needs to do to get employment.

Also how would you know that the black woman who got the job over your son is less qualified? Do you have access to HR records at the place where she works or know her educational and entire history of employment experience? I doubt it, especially since your probably don't know here and even admit you don't live in the same area as your son. Your son more than likely doesn't know either. I don't readily, as a black woman, give out my employment and educational history to work associates. I'm sure plenty of people at my company think they are more qualified than I am to do my job. Most are just jealous because I have a better position than they do.

If your son feels he is being discriminated against, he should sue.
You just explained why he would be wise not to try to sue. He would be laughed out of court. Lawsuits are for women and minorities and companies are hiring them. You can tell a lot about a person by the way they like to beat a person when they are down. I pretty much know who and what you are right now.

Old 08-16-2012, 10:03 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,093,934 times
Quote:
You just explained why he would be wise not to try to sue. He would be laughed out of court. Lawsuits are for women and minorities and companies are hiring them. You can tell a lot about a person by the way they like to beat a person when they are down. I pretty much know who and what you are right now.
It sounds as if your son needs to hurry up and join the Democrat party, and you need to do the same. The type of whining you are doing, is a trademark of the Democrats, so maybe if you all hurried up and joined them, you can get in on the oh poor is me tactic.

Old 08-16-2012, 10:14 AM
NCN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Guess not.....even though white males have the lowest unemployment rate of any demographic in this country.

Ah, the Jesse Helms Excuse. "It's Black People's Fault!"

I should have known.
I live in the county where Jesse Helms was born. His father was the police chief and brought home hobo's every morning for Jesse's mother to feed. You don't know a thing about Jesse Helms. He was a fine upstanding citizen and I have voted for him both as a Democrat and a Republican. When Jesse Helms said something, you could bank on it. Wish we had some people in office now that we could count on. He thought it would be bad for blacks to make someone hire them and I think he was right. People need to win their own way.

I thought the subject was about how much harder it is now to find a job. My son told me the other day he was shocked because he had never had trouble finding a job before. He worked when he was in high school, he joined the Navy and put himself through college and had saved $10,000 during that time while others had been goofing off and partying. He remained in his college job in Cary until finding the one job he had worked at for 10 years after finishing college. His employer sent him away with a great letter of recommendation. I think that says that it is much harder to find a job now than in the past.

I will ignore your other hatred. And for somebody to blast a person who is trying as hard as my son, you have my sympathy because someday you will need it.

Old 08-16-2012, 10:27 AM
NCN

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
It sounds as if your son needs to hurry up and join the Democrat party, and you need to do the same. The type of whining you are doing, is a trademark of the Democrats, so maybe if you all hurried up and joined them, you can get in on the oh poor is me tactic.
When you join a political party you become responsible for what that party stands for. The lack of morality of the Democratic party is what I left about 10 years ago. I could no longer look the other way from the party platform.

The Democratic Party has destroyed itself and it is now trying to destroy America. I want no part of that corruption on my conscience.

For what doeth it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses his soul?

Old 08-16-2012, 10:31 AM

11,413 posts, read 7,878,484 times
The fact that the average unemployment rate was lower (5.3% vs 9.3%) would indicate it was easier to find a job under Bush. Personal stories aside, the numbers are what they are.

Last edited by UNC4Me; 08-16-2012 at 10:35 AM.. Reason: clarity

Old 08-16-2012, 10:43 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,093,934 times
Quote:
When you join a political party you become responsible for what that party stands for. The lack of morality of the Democratic party is what I left about 10 years ago. I could no longer look the other way from the party platform.

The Democratic Party has destroyed itself and it is now trying to destroy America. I want no part of that corruption on my conscience.

For what doeth it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses his soul?
Yet part of the Dems stand for are blame everyone else and not take responsibility for ones own actions, which you seem to be in support of. Another thing the Dems believe in, is making things about the color of peoples skin, which you seem to be in support of. There seems to be 2 different things right there that you are in full agreement with them on.

It is people like you, that make us Republicans look bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies