Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 12:44 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,238,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Don't Hate. Congratulate! If federal employees can make that type of money with benefits more power to them.
Too bad the rest of us don't get paid enough, or get such generous benefits, to AFFORD to pay for their luxurious lifestyles and early retirements.

And BTW, THEY don't have to settle for the crap Social Security that my generation pays so much for, but will never see benefits from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2012, 12:50 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,926,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
Too bad the rest of us don't get paid enough, or get such generous benefits, to AFFORD to pay for their luxurious lifestyles and early retirements.

And BTW, THEY don't have to settle for the crap Social Security that my generation pays so much for, but will never see benefits from.
Sure you can. If you think they have it so good, join them.

Old 08-23-2012, 01:53 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,193,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
Too bad the rest of us don't get paid enough
Maybe its just you that doesn't get paid enough, because you aren't worth it?

Old 08-23-2012, 02:07 PM

3,516 posts, read 7,778,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
I find it funny how some people in here are literally attacking federal employees while blaming them for having a job with statements like, "It's time to bring down aristocracy of government workers."
They are the most visible people in the budget crisis, but the fact is all of the Government Agencies combined (except DOD) account for less than 15% of the total budget. If you could somehow eliminate them entirely, it wouldn't be enough to balance the Federal Budget. The bulk of the Federal Budget is made up of Social Security, Medicare and the Military. Any serious attempt to "balance" the budget is going to have to include cuts from all three of them. Cutting 10% or even 20% of the federal employees isn't going to get you very far in any attempt to balance the budget.

Old 08-23-2012, 02:13 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,719,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Me neither.

No, but seriously a growing number of Americans feel that despite the superior and important work done by federal employees they may have to consider a slight decrease in pay and benefits due to the ongoing economic crisis:

A third of Americans say massive federal layoffs would help economy, poll finds - Management - GovExec.com

Adding new people to the unemployment rolls isn't good at this time but since taxpayer money would no longer have to go to salaries and many, many benefits the money would even out.

Of course, once the economy shows signs of improving, the government can quickly re-hire these feds.

Only a troll would claim "Massive Federal Layoffs" are synonymous with "Slight decrease in pay and benefits."

Old 08-23-2012, 02:23 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,544,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
Absolutely false, I make far more money in private sector (I'm a software developer) than equiv government employees.

I'd pick A. You appear to be under the impression no fed workers have had to pick B, or that no private sector employees get to pick A. That isn't the case.
Are you agreeing with me and arguing with me at the same time?

Old 08-23-2012, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Only a troll would claim "Massive Federal Layoffs" are synonymous with "Slight decrease in pay and benefits."
Looks like we agree on that one.

Old 08-23-2012, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechGromit View Post
They are the most visible people in the budget crisis, but the fact is all of the Government Agencies combined (except DOD) account for less than 15% of the total budget. If you could somehow eliminate them entirely, it wouldn't be enough to balance the Federal Budget. The bulk of the Federal Budget is made up of Social Security, Medicare and the Military. Any serious attempt to "balance" the budget is going to have to include cuts from all three of them. Cutting 10% or even 20% of the federal employees isn't going to get you very far in any attempt to balance the budget.
O.K. let's cut Defense, Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security AND the FEDERAL WORKERS THAT CLING TO THE PERMAJOBS IN THOSE DEPARTMENTS AND AGENCIES.

Old 08-23-2012, 02:27 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,719,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Looks like we agree on that one.
well, at least you've admitted what you're here for.

Old 08-23-2012, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
Ah this explains it. You are one of those who intellectually shallow enough to argue with and insult political labels. That explains the rest of your nonsense.
So you purposely misquote me by putting things I didn't say in a quote box under my user name in an attempt to bolster your weak argument?

I'm pretty sure that is against the terms of usage at the City-Data Forums.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies