Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 01:11 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,999,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
who threw that ham at me?
I remember watching that ozzy osbourne show and they got pissed at their neighbors for playing loud music or whatever it was and he went and tossed a ham at em. I guess good thing they weren't muslim or he'd be in jail now.

Old 08-22-2012, 01:55 PM

30,324 posts, read 51,925,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Bacon is bacon. Wouldn't the Muslim have to freak out over an accidentally dropped piece of bacon? It's the bacon that defiled the holy piece of public property. They have extreme superstitions about pork -- not just accidental pork. They have extreme superstitions about dogs also, what would happen if someone had been out walking a dog in that field?
Nothing... just as 99% of them doing nothing now, whenever a dog passes or pepperoni pizza is eaten. Speaking of overreacting!

Btw, they're not really superstitious about dogs, they just don't keep them in their homes. Have you EVER heard of an American Muslim protesting over dog shelters, pet shops, or other individuals having dogs? I haven't, and we have a decent-sized Muslim population around here.

Old 08-22-2012, 01:56 PM

78,352 posts, read 60,556,941 times
That bacon came from out of left field. Totally caught everyone by surprise.

Old 08-22-2012, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
No, I don't wonder at all!
I think they are out to change our 1st amendment.

Welcome to the USA, where tolerance means, you deal with it and go about your way.

"Hate crime" is what is used when there really is no crime, or additional crime, ruled by emotions. Not individual rights.

All violent crime, is "hate crime" They don't do it because they love, or even like you.

My breathing, is a "hate crime" to some.
You people really don't get it, do you? Unbelievable that I'm the only one who sees their point, and I'm freakin' Jewish!!! Offending isn't a hate crime, intentionally attacking somebody based on their race or religion is. Got it?? Most American Muslims just want to be left alone, and anyone here who doesn't respect their freedom to worship without being targeted is the one who needs "get on a jet and leave" (as another poster so eloquently suggested).

And no, it's not about the stupid bacon - it's about the lack of common decency, respect, and understanding of our laws, which all seem to be the American way lately.

Last edited by gizmo980; 08-22-2012 at 02:18 PM..

Old 08-22-2012, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
>>> No, vandalism is a crime and its completely offbase and ignorant to insinuate that I'd take a far more serious act of an actual hate crime as lightly as I would this.
Are you saying my example (of the swastikas on my synagogue) wasn't a hate crime, or that this bacon incident wasn't? Either way, I'm obviously not off-base if you'd act like these were random non-hate-motivated crimes. But I'm being ignorant? You're the one defending such behavior, and pretending people who'd do that are of no threat to society. How do you think that Sikh temple killer would react to this? I bet he'd be laughing and shrugging it off as a simple prank.

Last edited by gizmo980; 08-22-2012 at 02:19 PM..

Old 08-22-2012, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamellr View Post
The average Muslim is a lot like the average Christian. They pick and choose what parts of their religion they want to follow.
Not really... they are usually much more consistent and devoted than your average Christian, and keep to themselves when it comes to worship (none of that proselytizing "be like me or else" attitude we see in Christians).

And I ask again, who here has ever heard of Muslims protesting the mere existence of pork? All they did was report this incident, nothing more.

Last edited by gizmo980; 08-22-2012 at 02:21 PM..

Old 08-22-2012, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Nothing... just as 99% of them doing nothing now, whenever a dog passes or pepperoni pizza is eaten. Speaking of overreacting!

Btw, they're not really superstitious about dogs, they just don't keep them in their homes. Have you EVER heard of an American Muslim protesting over dog shelters, pet shops, or other individuals having dogs? I haven't, and we have a decent-sized Muslim population around here.
"Cupcake, a trained therapy dog that will begin visiting patients at Sunnybrook hospital this fall, was on a leash during the rally, and wore an Israeli flag around its neck.

Some devout Muslims consider dogs to be unclean and make efforts to avoid them.
Einstoss said after two young Muslim women asked about Cupcake, he was told by a male Al-Quds demonstrator he was “not allowed to go near our women” with the dog. Einstoss said that after exclaiming his right to go where he pleased, he walked away with Cupcake, but was “punched in the chest” by another demonstrator.
Einstoss shoved back, and within seconds was grabbed by several officers.
He claimed that while in custody, one officer called him “insensitive” for attending an Islamic rally with a dog."

Man threatens legal action over Al-Quds arrest - Canada - Canoe.ca

Old 08-22-2012, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
Wonder if Muslims get outaged over raccoons and seagulls having been in their "sacred" space,lol.
Guess no hate crime after all,huh.
Did the raccoons and seagulls specifically target them for being Muslims, with the intention of offending them for being of this religion? If not, I don't think they have to worry about being charged with anything other than "criminal trespass."

Old 08-22-2012, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
"Cupcake, a trained therapy dog that will begin visiting patients at Sunnybrook hospital this fall, was on a leash during the rally, and wore an Israeli flag around its neck.

Some devout Muslims consider dogs to be unclean and make efforts to avoid them.
Einstoss said after two young Muslim women asked about Cupcake, he was told by a male Al-Quds demonstrator he was “not allowed to go near our women” with the dog. Einstoss said that after exclaiming his right to go where he pleased, he walked away with Cupcake, but was “punched in the chest” by another demonstrator.
Einstoss shoved back, and within seconds was grabbed by several officers.
He claimed that while in custody, one officer called him “insensitive” for attending an Islamic rally with a dog."
That didn't answer my question... have THEY ever protested dogs being kept or sold by others? And for that matter, have they ever proposed a nationwide ban on dogs or pork products?

I guess you missed the part where this took place at an ISLAMIC rally - so like the bacon incident (although perhaps less intentional), it was an issue of imposing upon their space allegedly with the intent to offend. Wish it hadn't gotten violent, but this is hardly a good example of how American Muslims react to dogs in general. I also imagine the Israeli flag had something to do with this getting blown out of proportion, don'tcha think?

Old 08-22-2012, 02:31 PM

It appears they just physically attack folks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies