Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 08:17 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,992,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
I think if I were running this system, there would need to be sufficient evidence to show that a rape occurred. Having enough evidence to convict a rapist is not necessary.
Can you outline a procedure in which this can be done in less than three months, and what government agency is responsible for making the determination. including any appeal process, and what kind of "sufficient evidence" might be presented within 3 months in support of the rape contention, other than a simple declaration by the mother? "I woke up in the middle of the night and there was a masked stranger in my bed, and he jumped out the window."

Jeez, in this country it takes three months to get a hearing to contest a traffic ticket.

I asked this question seeking a serious idea about just how a million or more rape claims a year are going to be processed in time to perform the abortions within the first trimester. About 200,000 rapes are reported every year in the USA, and authorities believe 60% are unreported, which makes a half a million a year (all of them "forcible" of course). How do we process all these claims with a turnaround time of less than 90 days? How many more false claims of rape will need to be processed as well, in this huge bloated bureaucracy forced upon us by the party that says it is opposed to government presence in our lives?

Old 09-02-2012, 08:27 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,376,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Ever hear of statutory rape? A bit different from rape wouldnt you say?

You guys love talking about rape....makes you wonder.
Statutory rape is deinfed legally in many states. If you want details take a look:

Statutory Rape Laws by State

Personally I would go with all of them that make it a crime to have sexual intercourse with someone under 14 under any circumstances. A 19 year old male and a 17 year old female doesn't seem like a criminal act to me in all cases, but many states have it so. Other states have an age differential to take care of the older person having sex with a much younger person. Definitely grey area in here where I can see an older teenage girl willingly consenting.

Old 09-03-2012, 10:12 AM

629 posts, read 946,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Can you outline a procedure in which this can be done in less than three months, and what government agency is responsible for making the determination. including any appeal process, and what kind of "sufficient evidence" might be presented within 3 months in support of the rape contention, other than a simple declaration by the mother? "I woke up in the middle of the night and there was a masked stranger in my bed, and he jumped out the window."
I suppose it would have to rest on phyisical evidence (including evidence of a struggle) or the testimony of a witness, pending a criminal investigation. Or, proof that the victim is under the age of consent or was physically unable to consent (drunk, drugged, asleep, unconscious).

Why would you need an appeal if no one is going to be convicted based on the decision to allow an abortion?

How about just letting women get a damn abortion if they want one?

Old 09-03-2012, 10:34 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Because it's freaking common sense!
Only for some!!

Old 09-03-2012, 10:38 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Talking Ryan declines to define "Forcible Rape." Perhaps, like Akins told Romney, "People should just mind their own business."

Hilarious!

The slobbering, sputtering right wing control freaks who want the government inserted into women's private parts say "people should just mind their own business."

You loons are unintentionally very amusing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies