Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 06:03 PM

2,160 posts, read 1,955,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Similar, yeah.

Kind of an intimidation don't you think? But hey, they have the right to post whatever they'd like.

One thing I don't like is when people plaster their cars with abortion pictures from the 60's. Of course thats their right to do as well.

But I can't type **** or write it on my car.
"Ours is a loving God!"

"And you'd better do what he says or he'll vengefully torture you for all eternity!"

Old 08-22-2012, 06:09 PM

876 posts, read 709,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
You left out the only question that really matters:

Does the fetus have the capability to live on its own if it is removed from the mother?

Unless the answer to that question is yes, then the rest of your questions are meaningless.

The argument is not about when life begins or if a fetus is human, it is about under what circumstances a woman can be forced by the government to serve as a slave to a fetus against her will. The abortion argument should be about the rights of the adult women that are involved. A woman has a right to make her own choices and should not have to face the possibility that her rights as a citizen will be subjugated by merely becoming pregnant.
================================================== ===============================
"Does the fetus have the capacity to live on its own if it is removed from the mother? Nope. It sure can't. Can a newborn infant survive if removed from it's mother or someone else that can provide it's needs? Nope. It sure can't. It is still as dependent on nutrition from someone else as it was within the womb. Every living thing on this planet requires nutrition from another source. Just because the unborn child is weak, does not mean it is ok to kill it. A woman's rights should not come before the rights of children who are unable to speak for themselves. Not caring for lives of others that cannot help themselves is a loss in our hummanity.

Old 08-22-2012, 06:12 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkgirl View Post
Yes, I understand life support very well, thanks. But, I would like to see you get someone hooked up to life support and sewn up quickly enough before they died. You would have to insert a breathing tube directly into their chest before cutting off their head, because the neck would be useless. Even if you could do that, it would only go into one bronchial tube. Doing this would probably cause aspiration of the blood, which would deem this useless anyway. The person would drown in their own blood. Even if you could get one lung on a pump, the infection would most likely overcome the body, even if you used Vancomycin. Then the kidneys would shut down anyway. Not to mention trying to infuse the body with enough blood and fluids to get the one lung to oxygenate the whole body. If they don't immediately go into cardiac arrest that is. But, it doesn't matter because, this whole point is pointless. I'm not for cutting off people's heads either.

But by the same rules you posted before, cell growth, etc, a headless body is a "living thing" and a "human" because it has the potential to become human. You can take the head off of one monkey, and put it on another, and keep it alive, same can happen with a human.

The soul is not the body, and if a fetus has a soul, it lives on. But that little bundle of cells is no more a human being then my fingernails.

Old 08-22-2012, 06:17 PM

Memphis, nice try, but that is a stretch. You cannot cut someone's head off and they live. I just explained why. That would be murder of a human life. And that would be wrong too.

Old 08-22-2012, 06:29 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkgirl View Post
Memphis, nice try, but that is a stretch. You cannot cut someone's head off and they live. I just explained why. That would be murder of a human life. And that would be wrong too.
Its not a stretch, its reality.

You may not like aboriton, I respect your opinion. I don't like abortions, I think that anyone who would get one for any reasno other then a medical need or because they were forced into the conception by rape, is a low life piece of trash.

But its their right to be a low life piece of trash.

Old 08-22-2012, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Its not a stretch, its reality.

You may not like aboriton, I respect your opinion. I don't like abortions, I think that anyone who would get one for any reasno other then a medical need or because they were forced into the conception by rape, is a low life piece of trash.

But its their right to be a low life piece of trash.

Lol! Ok. I got to go get some life support in my tummy now. Not sure if I will be back, so have a good night!

Old 08-22-2012, 07:07 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,390,223 times
Amusing how many people here just threw out the words "freedom of speech!" as their response to the OP saying it was hateful. Sure, let these things be legal, but I think there's absolutely no moral justification for it (and I do believe that was the implied question). If the point was to tell others to "Keep religion out of politics", they should've put that on the billboard instead. This is just an all-out attack. Very juvenile, very distasteful.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:11 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,170,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
My mind is completely open. If anyone is ever able to produce any empirical, scientifically valid proof that god exists I will immediately renounce my current status as an atheist.

Do you happen to have any evidence that might change my mind?
I don't want to change your mind. I don't care.

I just don't understand why you think god could only be some big guy who lives in the clouds.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:28 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,241,838 times
Frankly, if we had leaders who dealt in REALITY and not some imaginary friend, we'd be MUCH, MUCH better off.

Invoke your imaginary friend when you're desperate, but don't expect a reply--let alone assistance.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:33 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
Similar, yeah.

Kind of an intimidation don't you think? But hey, they have the right to post whatever they'd like.

One thing I don't like is when people plaster their cars with abortion pictures from the 60's. Of course thats their right to do as well.

But I can't type **** or write it on my car.
Ugh. I'm sorry you have to live with that around you. I never see that sort of thing here in California. Occasionally I'll see a "come to Jesus" billboard, but that's it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies