Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 12:39 PM

504 posts, read 457,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
And a whole lot of Democrat fear mongering.

Then you shouldn't have posted such a trollish thread, crammed with so much pure BS.

This is what it looks like when someone wants to start an "honest debate" on this site now? No wonder it's sliding down hill so damn fast.

Pathetic.
Could you please point out what you find to be trollish about my thread, and make specific points about the matter and the manner in which I presented it to the forum. Thank you for your time

Old 08-27-2012, 12:52 PM

629 posts, read 771,820 times
The issues you listed as the republican platform are half truths and lies. Because you say it with conviction and arrogance doesnt make it true. Its a trollish thread

Old 08-27-2012, 12:57 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA-P View Post
Could you please point out what you find to be trollish about my thread, and make specific points about the matter and the manner in which I presented it to the forum. Thank you for your time
I quoted your OP and started coloring the trollish lies red, and found myself coloring most of them.

How about this. Since you say that you're interested in "honest debate" (which I don't believe for a second, based on your outlandish list), why don't you do what you should have done to begin with, and actually READ the party platform before making such outrageous claims.

Our Party - GOP

Not hard to find, dude.

So yes, you are a TROLL. You're not fooling anybody.

BTW, I'm a registered Libertarian, not a Republican. I'm just getting sick and tired of crap like the bull**** you posted in your OP.

Old 08-27-2012, 01:07 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkgirl View Post

What difference does it make if I list them? Do your own research and look them up. Nothing I say is going to change you from loving obama. It's like asking an abused woman why she stays with her husband. The answer is...he provides for me and my kids and he says he will do better if I give him more time. Good luck with that
Oh, my mistake, I thought you were saying his list was not correct and that you knew what the real list says and wanted to discuss where they disagree, I see that is not accurate. But thanks for admitting you are not here to discuss anything but are simply trolling.

I know I can google it and I have done so, but it was not me disagreeing with his list.

Ahhhhh, the last retort from the right, make a personal attack on someone that simply asked you to post your list. Clue to the Clueless, the government is not providing for my welfare and never has, I would venture to say I am probably far better off than you are, or ever will be, but then that would be stooping down to your level and I simply do not have any more time to babysit you girl.

Old 08-27-2012, 01:11 PM

20,461 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Simple.

Republican policy will make being in business something other than a punishable offense. That will lead to more jobs. more jobs fixes what Barak Obama refused to fix.

Republican policy will take things like Medicare and insure current recipients are taken care of as promised while saving the system for people like me that still have 20 odd years before I need it.

Old 08-27-2012, 01:34 PM

Default Just read the page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I quoted your OP and started coloring the trollish lies red, and found myself coloring most of them.

How about this. Since you say that you're interested in "honest debate" (which I don't believe for a second, based on your outlandish list), why don't you do what you should have done to begin with, and actually READ the party platform before making such outrageous claims.

Our Party - GOP

Not hard to find, dude.

So yes, you are a TROLL. You're not fooling anybody.

BTW, I'm a registered Libertarian, not a Republican. I'm just getting sick and tired of crap like the bull**** you posted in your OP.
I read the page and I find it to be a vague bunch of platitudes. Lacking substance or teeth.
What you call outlandish came straight from the mouths of your GOP leadership.

Akin and Paul Ryan ---introduced a Bill saying no abortions no matter what the situation
Paul Ryan ---Proposes no taxes on on Capital gains
Senator McCain---Fought for spending on the F-22 even though the military said it was a waste
Josh Bolton, Romney and McCain ---Saber rattling against Iran
Senator Demint ---Wants to repeal Dodd Frank deregulating the *few* regs put into place

See my friend I can dig up these specifics with QUOTES all day, I dont need your platitudish Repub advertisement. Actions speak alot louder than words ok..........

Now you have evidence and a format for what I speak of....... Please try again.

Old 08-27-2012, 01:43 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
We know what happens WITHOUT Republican policies - that's for sure.

California, Detroit, Chicago for example

Old 08-27-2012, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Simple.

Republican policy will make being in business something other than a punishable offense. That will lead to more jobs. more jobs fixes what Barak Obama refused to fix.

Republican policy will take things like Medicare and insure current recipients are taken care of as promised while saving the system for people like me that still have 20 odd years before I need it.

Beautiful.... Good response.

I see it differently I see the policies that Repubs and Some Dems follow as being the death of American small business. Where all the downtown shops in smaller cities have been replaced by Wal-Mart peddling Chinese Junk. The family owned hardware store, the stationary store the grocery stores all replaced by one big conglomerate that pays workers less than a working wage leaving the rest of us to subsidize their income with welfare. Walmart could easily pay its employees3-5 more dollars and hour and still be an entity flush with cash and profit.

Bring back Sherman anti trust, Glass Steagall, break up these conglomerates that now run our poltical system.

I think the republican Agenda will make BIG BUSINESS BIGGER and the rest of us serfs.

Old 08-27-2012, 01:53 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,335,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
The Republican insistence on abolishing abortion and restricting contraception will reduce out female citizens to chattel without any effective individual rights what so ever.
For a minute or two. let's get real; the opposition to Obama and his "Chicago clique" comes from many segments of the electorate, and only the Christian Right base it primarily on sexual issues. The libertarian (small 'l', please) stands in near 180-degree opposition to this agenda. We prefer to think for ourselves.

However

Quote:
This is sufficient reason to only VOTE FOR ALL DEMOCRATS on your ballots.

It would appear that some of our so-callled "liberals" would prefer that someone else do the "thinking" -- that rhe rest of us peones should "Shaddup and do what da boss tells youse."

And we thoght this forum wa about the free exchange of thought and reasoning?

Old 08-27-2012, 01:59 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA-P View Post
I read the page and I find it to be a vague bunch of platitudes. Lacking substance or teeth.
What you call outlandish came straight from the mouths of your GOP leadership.

Akin and Paul Ryan ---introduced a Bill saying no abortions no matter what the situation

pretty sure this is false. link to this bill, please.

Paul Ryan ---Proposes no taxes on on Capital gains

no. proposed. past tense.

Senator McCain---Fought for spending on the F-22 even though the military said it was a waste

link?

Lockheed Martin Corp.’s F-22 jet is among several U.S. weapons that are flawed, waste taxpayer dollars and benefit from the military-industrial alliance, Senator John McCain said today.

Josh Bolton, Romney and McCain ---Saber rattling against Iran

i can certainly believe that from bolton, and possibly mccain. show us how romney 'rattled sabers' against iran.

Senator Demint ---Wants to repeal Dodd Frank deregulating the *few* regs put into place

true.

See my friend I can dig up these specifics with QUOTES all day, I dont need your platitudish Repub advertisement. Actions speak alot louder than words ok..........
i didn't see you give a single quote. and 'sabre-rattling' is hardly a specific charge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies