Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 02:30 AM

4,254 posts, read 5,620,537 times

Advertisements

I don't know the answer and am just asking the question at this point. While the First Amendment once protected the rights of Christians in the United States, today it seems to be chasing Christianity back into the catacombs.

How is it possible to be "neutral" towards the Creator of the universe and the Lord of all nations? It isn't. Every man, and every nation, has to choose: whom shall you serve?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2012, 02:44 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,074,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
I don't know the answer and am just asking the question at this point. While the First Amendment once protected the rights of Christians in the United States, today it seems to be chasing Christianity back into the catacombs.

How is it possible to be "neutral" towards the Creator of the universe and the Lord of all nations? It isn't. Every man, and every nation, has to choose: whom shall you serve?
"As for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord".
- Joshua 24:15

Old 08-28-2012, 03:28 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,685,675 times
The First Amendment protects everyone equally regardless of religion.

Just because you can't handle people who aren't believers (and don't think for a second I believe your 'creator of the universe and lord of all nations' exists) standing up for themselves doesn't mean it should be revoked.

Do you think the First Amendment should only protect Christians?

Old 08-28-2012, 05:41 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,766,518 times
Quote:

How is it possible? The same way it's possible to be neutral toward Rumpelstiltskin.

You and I agree on many principles and social stances. But when religion is brought into debates in support of a position, it always hurts - not helps - in making your case.

Old 08-28-2012, 05:46 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,720,585 times
My god this guy is like some Christian version of a Muslim extemist.

Old 08-28-2012, 05:51 AM

429 posts, read 655,944 times
I see it as Christians abuse the first Amendment where they think only their rights should be respected and any other person's religious rights should be banished. The rights for Christians to believe their silly ridiculous stuff has not gone away. Most though, believe this is a Theocracy and only not only want Christian beliefs to be allowed to be expressed but feel the need to force it on every free thinking American man and woman that wants nothing to do with their silly asinine religion.

Also to just add, I am sick of Christians who play the victim game. You aren't the victim. Every Christmas thousands of these imbeciles get on FB and rant and rave on local news station's FB pages about how they are victims to an oppressive atheist liberal movement, and bla bla bla. All people are asking is for you to believe in your silly stories at home or in your church and stop forcing it on to others. This country was not founded on Christianity. In fact majority of the founding Fathers were not the Jesus figure you think they were.

Old 08-28-2012, 05:57 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,720,585 times
The only thing more oppressed than an upper-middle class straight white male is an upper-middle class straight white male Christian

Old 08-28-2012, 06:02 AM

429 posts, read 655,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
The only thing more oppressed than an upper-middle class straight white male is an upper-middle class straight white male Christian
I know, everywhere the poor ones go somebody is trying to stuff homosexual atheism anti gun agenda down their throat. Poor guys. They don't deserve to be oppressed by homosexuals and atheist. Didn't those gays and atheist ever hear Jesus say do upon others as others would do to you?

Old 08-28-2012, 06:05 AM

24,865 posts, read 24,448,611 times
Quote:

US Treaty with Tripoli, 1796-1797
As the government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian Religion,-as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion or tranquility of Musselmen,-and as the said States never have entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mehomitan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries.

Old 08-28-2012, 06:40 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,151,163 times
Quote:

Can you go to the church of your choice? Can you worship (or not) as you please?

Then thank the 1st Amendment.

Religion is a choice, not a mandate, and that's how it should be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies