Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 11:46 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I think the point that the article is making and what was so successful for Ford is evident in the last line of the article...

In short, instead of viewing "shareholders" and "customers" as the only two corporate constituencies that matter, Ford introduced the idea that great companies should also serve a third constituency: Employees.
Now I see why you weren't sure how much to quote. The last lines certainly aren't what you quoted in this post. You should have read the whole thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2012, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
The original post is Marxism.

Nothing matters but increasing the wealth of the wealthiest.
Silly rabbit. Money is supposed to move UP not down.
Did you read the link, or just the unionist part chart Sick quoted?

Old 09-05-2012, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Just have the government nationalize all business and then they can dictate those "fair wages" and give everyone jobs.
You cheated and read the last two paragraphs of that link. Good on you for that.

Old 09-05-2012, 11:53 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
What countries?

More than half of your public debt is owned by the United States -- US banks, US cities/States, US government employee pension funds for cities/States, US corporate pension funds, US insurance companies, US mutual funds and people who buy savings bonds.
Which would mean nearly half is foreign sourced. All the same argument though. People are not going to want to put their pensions somewhere that ends up giving them less than they put in.

Quote:
The US Dollar has not been devalued.

You'll know currency devaluation when you see it. The Italians devalued the Lira, and the Romanians devalued the Lei. One day the government just said, "Hey, 10,000 Lei is now worth 1 Lei."
Just because it's not as bad yet as other countries doesn't mean it isn't happening. If there is a flood 1 foot over flood stage and another 6 feet over flood stage, they are both still floods.

I've read many of your posts and I know you know better than to not understand that when the government pumps money into the system is devalue's the dollar. I know you know this.

Quote:
Of the 196 countries on Earth, only 2 counties and their central banks do a better job of managing Real Inflation than the US and its central bank.
To me this is an argument stating that it could be worse. Lets remember, it was this bank that continued to state that the banking system was on a solid foundation and there was nothing to worry about.

Old 09-05-2012, 11:55 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
So the automobile companies need to double what they pay their workers?
Corporate profits are up, even though hiring is not up, and salaries have not gone up that much.

Old 09-05-2012, 11:59 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Dear American Companies: Here's How to Fix the Economy - DailyFinance

This is Capitalism, not the Oligarchy and Voodoo Trickle Down Economics that the right wing advocates for defends and desires to repeat.
I've not seen any on the right advocate or defend the Oligarchy. Please link specific examples to back up that part of your claim.

Clue: Trickle up poverty (see Obamanomics) is not a formula for success either.

Old 09-05-2012, 01:00 PM

15,092 posts, read 8,636,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You mean we should do the same thing Cuba, and North Korea does.. Hows that working out for them?
I don't think you can equate sound economic policies such as import tariffs that have historically been the most effective weapon against the flood of cheap slave labor goods destroying domestic markets, with the effects of US sponsored, punitive trade sanctions imposed on countries like Cuba. Apples and oranges.

The lifting of sanctions on Cuba, for example, would have immediate positive economic benefits for both countries. But we don't do that .. instead we finance our own economic destruction with public money, subsidizing the offshore transfer of manufacturing and jobs, while allowing unimpeded flow of goods back into the country from those market destroying slave state operations. It takes jobs a away ... and destroys any chance of domestic competition for those jobs that remain.

This is the bait and switch propaganda promoted by the criminals destroying the country .... "protectionism". More Orwellian doublethink to convince people to believe the asinine notion that our own industry and jobs should NOT be protected because it would be bad for business.

Oooooh ... bad, bad, bad ...... that "self defense" stuff. Whether it be economic self defense through sound economic policy, or physical self defense via gun ownership ... the Orwellian leftists just love to denounce anything that might make an iota of sense, or be beneficial to the American people.

The ultimate, suicidal death cult, with Satan's first son, overseeing the dismemberment of a once great nation.

Old 09-05-2012, 04:59 PM

640 posts, read 1,214,896 times
People talk about this stuff every day but when you look at the government nothing changes. Just more and more media coverage about "OMG look at all these unemployed!" should we do this? that? "we need to get the economy fixed". Just more we need to do this we need to do that. I don't have much faith nor do I really support, defend, or believe in this system but it's time to get something done. I'm about results and there's none. Everyone talks about what to do, but nothing more. Time to stop talking about it and get something done already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies