Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 09:37 PM

1,599 posts, read 3,134,520 times

Advertisements

So, hows all that hope and change working out for you? When I filled my gas tank this evening I noticed in Seattle, regular 89 octane gas at my local Shell station is going for $4.20/gal. I thought gas prices were suppose to go down after Labor Day!!!! Not here anyway. To fill my Dodge Caravan, it cost me $84.00. Now, when Bush was President, 89 octane regular gas was $1.50/gal. To fill my gas tank it cost around $30.00. To make matters worse, with Comrade Barrack Houssain bin O'bummer, the average annual income decreased by over $2,000, with food prices going through the ceiling, the highest in U.S. History. With Pres. Bush, unemployment was hitting around 5%, with O'bummer, it's almost 9% without counting all the millions that have stopped looking for work. More people are dependent and are on foodstamps then anytime in history.
So, I ask you again, how is all the hope and change working out for you?
Or, should that tried old slogan of his be: 'For Real Hope and Real Change, It's Jesus Christ and NOT Comrade Barrack Houssain bin O'bomma'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2012, 09:40 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
lets be fair, gas for most of Bushs term was not $1.50...

But I did like how Clinton tried to say today that Obama is cutting the price of gas.. I'm sure everyone feels better now.

Old 09-05-2012, 09:41 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,609,037 times

"Critics of the administration are quick to note that when Barack Obama took office, gasoline prices were $1.95 a gallon. But they neglect to note the U.S. economy was in a virtual depression. For purposes of comparison, when President George W. Bush took office in 2001, gasoline sold for an average of $1.55 a gallon. In the summer of 2008, his last year in office, prices exceeded $4.25. In reality, presidents have little to do with near-term fluctuations in gas prices."

Stop finger-pointing on gas prices - CNN.com

Old 09-05-2012, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
In reality, presidents have little to do with near-term fluctuations in gas prices."
I wouldnt be so hard on Obama in regards to this issue, but Obama told everyone that high gas prices was a result of failed Presidential energy policies.. Why should we not hold him to standards he set?

Old 09-05-2012, 09:45 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,609,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I wouldnt be so hard on Obama in regards to this issue, but Obama told everyone that high gas prices was a result of failed Presidential energy policies.. Why should we not hold him to standards he set?
Just a standard lie that both sides tell. They are responsible for the gas price when it is low and not responsible for the gas price when it is high when, in fact, the President doesn't control the price.

Old 09-05-2012, 09:53 PM

17,005 posts, read 12,597,924 times
Original post gets the Michael Moore Award for accuracy.

Old 09-05-2012, 09:56 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinylly View Post
So, hows all that hope and change working out for you? When I filled my gas tank this evening I noticed in Seattle, regular 89 octane gas at my local Shell station is going for $4.20/gal. I thought gas prices were suppose to go down after Labor Day!!!! Not here anyway. To fill my Dodge Caravan, it cost me $84.00. Now, when Bush was President, 89 octane regular gas was $1.50/gal. To fill my gas tank it cost around $30.00. To make matters worse, with Comrade Barrack Houssain bin O'bummer, the average annual income decreased by over $2,000, with food prices going through the ceiling, the highest in U.S. History. With Pres. Bush, unemployment was hitting around 5%, with O'bummer, it's almost 9% without counting all the millions that have stopped looking for work. More people are dependent and are on foodstamps then anytime in history.
Or, should that tried old slogan of his be: 'For Real Hope and Real Change, It's Jesus Christ and NOT Comrade Barrack Houssain bin O'bomma'.

If you were paying in gold, you would have never seen an increase in the amount of gold you pay.

The OPEC nations are not stupid.

The Federal Reserve has caused the majority of the increase.

Old 09-05-2012, 10:00 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,960,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinylly View Post
The only reason that gas prices fell at the very END of the Bush presidency was because of rapid worldwide fall in demand caused by a near depression that HE helped to create.

Some record.

Old 09-05-2012, 10:01 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,529,744 times
Gas prices previously peaked in 2008--in Bush's last year in office before the economic crash occurred later that year.

I don't remember paying $1.50 for gas on the West Coast for a long time though...Maybe in the earlier years of the 2000s briefly.

Old 09-05-2012, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Just a standard lie that both sides tell. They are responsible for the gas price when it is low and not responsible for the gas price when it is high when, in fact, the President doesn't control the price.
I dont accept that its a standard lie, especially considering Obama has made so many failed attempts to drop it.. For example, going after the speculators, and releasing fuel from the federal reserves.. He has showed me time and time again that he doesnt know crap about the free market economy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies