Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2012, 01:42 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,314,912 times

Advertisements

Beat the old dead horse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2012, 01:47 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,982,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
Interesting. I hate when people call any dissent towards minorities "racist".

We see it here constantly. Anyone who disagrees with Obama is a racist. We don't dislike the man because of his politics, we dislike him because he's black. That's the narrative from the leftists here, each and every one of them.

I'll stop accusing them of playing the race card when they stop playing it.
Ahhh, that did not take long, some here never disappoint. So, YOU claim people call others racist here all the time just for disagreeing with the President. So it should not be hard at all for you to link us all to say, half dozen posts where someone called you a racist with you ever making a racist comment to deserve it, if you cannot locate any for yourself you can, by all means, show where it has happened to others, should not take you long at all to produce your "evidence".

Now I will remind you that if you cannot come up with some good examples I will and others will not label you a racist for not being able to do it, but you may very well end up losing any credibility here along with being labeled as a Liar. We will wit to see how long it takes, 24 hours should be plenty of time. Better get to work

As for the leftist comment, everyone already knows that is a Lie so you already have one strike aganst ya.

And as for your last reply, don't make racist remarks and you will not be labeled as one, very simple. I, as a White Middle-Class American Male have disagreed with President Obama, and a funny thing, I have Never been called a racist by anyone on the left or by anyone here that is black or brown. I have been called one, but since it came from a known racist, that had made several racist comments here, I discount their opinion as nothing more than an attempt to deflect from their own shortcomings.

So let's see your "evidence" and we can discuss them, or don't and well ...........

Old 09-07-2012, 03:42 PM

221 posts, read 283,646 times
Quote:
Started this thread because I pointed out that in the service industry in Manhattan there tends to be a lot of look-ism and the less diverse a staff is, the more money there is to be made in that bar/restaurant/lounge/nightclub. That's just a fact. The only place I know that has a majority minority waitstaff in Manhattan is TGI Friday's, and everyone knows no one makes any money there. Also if you are black and have natural hair, you can kiss a lot of opportunity to make money in the industry goodbye.
I think the reason people might be confused about your intent in this topic is you did not seem to finish your thought in this paragraph. It's seems like there should be a couple of sentences at the end of this paragraph explaining that X person said you were pulling the race card, but there isn't.

Regardless - where exactly did you "point out" your observations about the service industry? To friends? In another topic on city data? I never hear people say, "Pulling the race card" to the point I'm tired of hearing it abused, but then, I have a bunch of well rounded friends.

If I heard or read you explain the situation about not being able to get into the high paying gigs, my inclination would be to say to relocate to where they are not so hung up on looks or find another profession. Keep in mind race may be a factor in that segment of society because maybe they are hyper-superficial but you're still an attractive person. If you were fat, folks would be prejudiced against you times 10 of what you are experiencing now.

Old 09-07-2012, 04:08 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,814,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
If you are working (which I am not), stop being a productivity drain and get on it.
Funny thing, self-absorbed intellectually baron posters tend not to know when to quit. I was using your post as the example, just in case you were confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudegubmintworker View Post
I think the reason people might be confused about your intent in this topic is you did not seem to finish your thought
If only...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Beat the old dead horse.
Says the one beating the horse.

Old 09-07-2012, 04:44 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,803,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
So what you are telling me is that no one should ever claim someone is making an illegitimate accusation of racism? Because that is just impossible?

So, Kanye doesn't win a music award and claims it's because of racism and we can't say he's playing the race card because there is real racism out there?

I honestly am just not following the logic of this.
So did you read the part of my post where it said that my whole point was....

No, of course you didn't.

Old 09-07-2012, 05:08 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,937,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Ahhh, that did not take long, some here never disappoint. So, YOU claim people call others racist here all the time just for disagreeing with the President. So it should not be hard at all for you to link us all to say, half dozen posts where someone called you a racist with you ever making a racist comment to deserve it, if you cannot locate any for yourself you can, by all means, show where it has happened to others, should not take you long at all to produce your "evidence".
//www.city-data.com/forum/elect...ce-racist.html

Keep an eye on that thread.

Old 09-07-2012, 05:14 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,165,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
We see it here constantly. Anyone who disagrees with Obama is a racist.
No, that is the strawman that you folks construct. But if it is common, it should be easy for you to post some examples. I look forward to the multitude of those posts.

Old 09-07-2012, 05:15 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,165,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post

Now I will remind you that if you cannot come up with some good examples I will and others will not label you a racist for not being able to do it, but you may very well end up losing any credibility here along with being labeled as a Liar. We will wit to see how long it takes, 24 hours should be plenty of time. Better get to work

As for the leftist comment, everyone already knows that is a Lie so you already have one strike aganst ya.

And as for your last reply, don't make racist remarks and you will not be labeled as one, very simple. I, as a White Middle-Class American Male have disagreed with President Obama, and a funny thing, I have Never been called a racist by anyone on the left or by anyone here that is black or brown. I have been called one, but since it came from a known racist, that had made several racist comments here, I discount their opinion as nothing more than an attempt to deflect from their own shortcomings.

So let's see your "evidence" and we can discuss them, or don't and well ...........
They don't deal in evidence. Wait for the deafening silence in producing all those posts of people calling others "racists" for objecting to Obama.

Old 09-07-2012, 05:22 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,314,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Funny thing, self-absorbed intellectually baron posters tend not to know when to quit. I was using your post as the example, just in case you were confused.
Why are you responding to something that wasn't addressed to you?

Old 09-07-2012, 05:26 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,937,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
They don't deal in evidence. Wait for the deafening silence in producing all those posts of people calling others "racists" for objecting to Obama.

Of course, it could have something to do with the fact that there are over 1 million posts in the Elections and Immigration subtopics alone and most people have actual lives to live.

I quickly found one example:

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post25995304

Last edited by whogo; 09-07-2012 at 05:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies