Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 03:42 PM

59 posts, read 45,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Just one straw man after another with the left, who are these mythical republican majorities who are ashamed of Bush? Where is just one of these Republican straw men who is "ashamed of Bush?"

Democrats should be ashamed of Clinton, he was a serial adulterer, serial abuser of young women and intern, an impeached president, a certified liar, a lawyer who was disbarred.
I'd rather have guy as president who cheats on his wife and has a prosperous nation under him, than a man who's policies bankrupted the country and got us into 2 unnecessary wars, MADE A WHOLE LOT MORE ENEMIES FOR US, And put justice scalia on the supreme court. So If I were a republican I WOULD BE ASHAMED OF BUSH but then again I would just be ashamed of the whole party instead you keep smiling and laughing and patting one another on the back while saying job well done. The only good job your has done is show everyone in this country that you are a party of unamerican hateful zealots. Bush AND Cheney NEED TO BE TRIED IN COURT !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2012, 03:47 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,567,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steampunkzombie View Post
I already know about him funny though found this in the article I was reading:

On March 6, 2007 a jury convicted Lewis "Scooter" Libby, Chief of Staff to Vice President Dick Cheney, of "obstruction of justice, giving false statements to the FBI and perjuring himself, charges embodied in four of the five counts of the indictment".[23] There is your connection to Cheney ! It was a political hit job
And you missed the part that the investigator knew about Armitage early on in the investigation and gave him a pass. He choose to continue the investigation even after the cause of the investigation had been solved. Wasn't close enough to Bush/Cheney. So Scooter couldn't accurately remember key details from several years back. Big deal. What did you eat for supper February 12, 2012? You give the wrong answer under oath and you've given false testimony. Who did you speak with on March 5, 2012 and what did you say?

Old 09-07-2012, 03:49 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,293,648 times
Quote:
I'd rather have guy as president who cheats on his wife and has a prosperous nation under him, than a man who's policies bankrupted the country and got us into 2 unnecessary wars, MADE A WHOLE LOT MORE ENEMIES FOR US, And put justice scalia on the supreme court. So If I were a republican I WOULD BE ASHAMED OF BUSH but then again I would just be ashamed of the whole party instead you keep smiling and laughing and patting one another on the back while saying job well done. The only good job your has done is show everyone in this country that you are a party of unamerican hateful zealots. Bush AND Cheney NEED TO BE TRIED IN COURT !
Sorry, Clinton was the worst President of all time.

Don't forget he gave the Chinese repairs to both their missiles and guidance systems so now instead of an accident hitting Alaska, China can now hit any city around the USA with nukes. Thanks Bill, how much did they pay you.

He also had a balanced budget because of Greenspan who drove retirees into the stock market when they were going broke with 1% interest rates with their CDs.
The middle class and retirees went into the tech sector stock and the people with money cashed out and paid taxes.
The taxes were the balanced budgets but the aftermath of those people going in was the following stock market crash at the end of the Clinton term and most retirees had to go on welfare due to Greenspan, though Clinton loves to take credit.
If he wants to take credit for taxes coming in, he has to take credit for the crash as well and all those driven to welfare.
Also in 1997 he F'd with loans and banks and put in place what caused our RE bubble and sub-prime mess.
LOOK IT UP....

None of the above were due to Bush, though I am sure lots would try and make it so.

Bush did prescription meds and immigration wrong.

Old 09-07-2012, 03:55 PM

59 posts, read 45,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Sorry, Clinton was the worst President of all time.

Don't forget he gave the Chinese repairs to both their missiles and guidance systems so now instead of an accident hitting Alaska, China can now hit any city around the USA with nukes. Thanks Bill, how much did they pay you.

He also had a balanced budget because of Greenspan who drove retirees into the stock market when they were going broke with 1% interest rates with their CDs.
The middle class and retirees went into the tech sector stock and the people with money cashed out and paid taxes.
The taxes were the balanced budgets but the aftermath of those people going in was the following stock market crash at the end of the Clinton term and most retirees had to go on welfare due to Greenspan, though Clinton loves to take credit.
If he wants to take credit for taxes coming in, he has to take credit for the crash as well and all those driven to welfare.
Also in 1997 he F'd with loans and banks and put in place what caused our RE bubble and sub-prime mess.
LOOK IT UP....

None of the above were due to Bush, though I am sure lots would try and make it so.

Bush did prescription meds and immigration wrong.

Can you explain something to me then ? If clinton did all this and were as bad as you think he was then where exactly were the republicans ? I know bush sr. drafted nafta and clinton unfortunately signed it, And why would china want to blow us up ? We are their biggest cash cow right now much easier to bankrupt us and to flood our markets with cheap chinese made garbage right ?

Old 09-07-2012, 03:59 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,227,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Why isn't a two term POTUS more celebrated? Why is he radioactive? Clinton was impeached, came under fire and scrutiny and he is still front and center here and on the world stage. He is embraced. Why not Bush?
This is the first I've heard that Republicans are ashamed of Bush. Where'd you get this idea?

On the other hand, that Democrats embrace and celebrate a rapist, cheat, and liar, not to mention the recent addition of a fraud tells us a lot about Democrats.

As for Bush... he states he's returned to private life. He's not the first former President to have done so. More of them should. I guess he's not as much a money grubber as liberals might prefer.

Old 09-07-2012, 04:13 PM

174 posts, read 96,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I don't think they're ashamed of him.

I think he's afraid to come out in public, just like when he was in office.

His Father and Bill Clinton can come and go as they please and are well met by everyone. They are statesmen. He's a drug store cowboy.
He's the soul of the Republican Party.

Republicans don't wear their soul on their sleeves.

Old 09-07-2012, 04:16 PM

38,057 posts, read 22,219,705 times
Quote:
Living in your land of make-believe, where only republicans are bad, and democrats are saints. Clinton's personal behavior was an embarassment to the entire nation.

BTW, if you are going to grade a president on the economy he presides over, then 0bama is a complete and utter failure.

Old 09-07-2012, 04:22 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,160,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
This is the first I've heard that Republicans are ashamed of Bush. Where'd you get this idea?

On the other hand, that Democrats embrace and celebrate a rapist, cheat, and liar, not to mention the recent addition of a fraud tells us a lot about Democrats.

As for Bush... he states he's returned to private life. He's not the first former President to have done so. More of them should. I guess he's not as much a money grubber as liberals might prefer.
He mutually agreed that for the good of the party he was not attending the convention. Why is that? Why is his Presidency never referred to in speeches? Why is he not on the campaign trail? Whyy is 2000-2008 swept under the rug as if it was just a bad ****ing dream?

Old 09-07-2012, 04:26 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,742,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Why isn't a two term POTUS more celebrated? Why is he radioactive? Clinton was impeached, came under fire and scrutiny and he is still front and center here and on the world stage. He is embraced. Why not Bush?
As far as I can tell, it is the singular subject on which they don't suffer collective cognitive dissonance and actually accept reality.

Old 09-07-2012, 04:28 PM

5,450 posts, read 8,773,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sci Fi Fan View Post
So the nation goes under on your watch, and you abandon it, and go home to play golf.

This is the equivalent of a captain abandoning his sinking ship, and leaving the passengers to drown.

But the Republitards here think this is a "virtue".
Not forgetting your tee time but forgetting about the economy is Obama. Hey, he said it.

He has abandoned this country for over 3 years now.

I'm not ashamed of him (Bush) at all. Further, he had the backing and go ahead of all the dems for the war on terror. Dems must have short memories.

Last edited by Jerseyt719; 09-07-2012 at 04:29 PM.. Reason: Clarity
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies