Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 06:30 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,398,970 times

Advertisements

Because he's toxic. Even Karl Rove used to refer to him as "turd blossom"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2012, 06:33 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,939,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Why do liberals always make outrageous false presumptions about what conservatives know?

If liberals knew what conservatives actually knew, they would no longer be liberals.
If conservatives knew they didn't know everything they would be liberals, Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck and the Bible don't have every answer for everything ma' dude

Old 09-07-2012, 06:33 PM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Clonton still wants back in the WH through Hillary. Bush retired and says he wants to stay out of the limelight. Plus who says Republicans are ashamed of him. they gave him and his dad a tribute at the convention. I love posting this---about the third time I did----

RNC pays tribute to the Bushes - YouTube
It doesn't look like he is hiding to me.

And the bush haters just hate this:

"Former President George W. Bush's new book, "Decision Points," got off to a strong start on Tuesday, selling at least 170,000 hardcover copies plus an estimated 50,000 e-books. The results represent the largest first-day sale of any nonfiction title published by Random House Inc. in the past six years, said Crown Publishers, a unit of Bertelsmann AG's Random House. The figures don't include sales at the nation's independent bookstores or at Kroger Co., the grocery company."
Bush Book Sells Well - WSJ.com

Old 09-07-2012, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steampunkzombie View Post
I'm not deflecting anything why do you think Fitzgerald didn't go after them ? Could it be the fact that Rove and Cheney are the darlings of the republican party ? I say they broke the law because is detestable as they are they are not stupid enough to not know what was going on They knew and they more than likely ok'd the leaking of information.
Sorry, I thought you wanted to have an adult conversation. Calling others names based on your opinion, not facts, and making baseless charges against them tells me you aren't interested in any civil discussion.

A small hint for you . Fitzgerald was "connected", as you say , to Sen. Chuckie Shumer. if you think Rove and Cheney got ANY special treatment from Fitzy, you need to get a grip.

Have fun in your delusional world.

Old 09-07-2012, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryWho? View Post
Enlighten me. Maybe I'll change my mind.
Conservative believe in personal responsibility.

If you want to learn, it is up to you to do the research.

Old 09-07-2012, 06:43 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
I am not ashamed of Bush II. Bascially he has taken the heat for failures from main street to wall street.He didn't sign those loans and congresss made sure that those who could afford homes could finace them even going so far as to give down payment and even closing.Democrats steaqfastly refuse to audit fannie and freddie.In the end the buyers thought they would get ii on housing bommer and most could happen is refinace or sell at profit.

Old 09-07-2012, 06:44 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,419,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Why isn't a two term POTUS more celebrated? Why is he radioactive? Clinton was impeached, came under fire and scrutiny and he is still front and center here and on the world stage. He is embraced. Why not Bush?
He was too liberal.

Old 09-08-2012, 05:56 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,168,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sci Fi Fan View Post
He can go **** himself. He is responsible for this recession, and does not deserve to peacefully retire. *******.
Interesting you would think that. You realize that he also inherited a recession when he took office.

It's IMPORTANT to note, that the last several years of the bush presidency, was marked by a democratic majority in congress. They used that majority to foist a minimum wage increase with a military appropriations bill, and if you take a good look, at it's implementation, the economy started a full scale slide. With employment going down, the already fragile mortgage industry went south, (I am sure we ALL remember Barney Frank, prominent democrat telling us there was NOTHING wrong with fannie mae and freddie mac, and ALL of the community activists forcing banks to make risky loans to people who NEVER should have gotten a mortgage based on the threat of making waves, filing suits, broadcasting that the banks were racially profiling, etc etc. So, people are no longer working, overinflated mortgages that should have never been made are tanking left and right all due to congress and their forcing of the minimum wage raise so the military could get the funds they needed, and you want to blame this on Bush? Blame it on Reid and Pelosi. Also, understand they did it in 3 parts, so while the timing was bad, and the country was looking at what should have been only a mild recession, the rates went up 2 more times, making it go from bad to worse.. Again, you can thank Pelosi and Reid.

Study: Minimum Wage Hike, Recession Cost Jobs - Newsroom - Inside INdiana Business with Gerry Dick

Quote:
MUNCIE, Ind. – Increasing the minimum wage was meant to raise the living standards of millions of Americans holding unskilled, entry level positions. But it may have led to the elimination of 550,000 jobs — opening the possibility that such wage levels should be revised, suggests a new study from Ball State University.
A study of part-time workers monitored by the Bureau of Labor Statistics from 1999 to 2009 found that raising the minimum wage to its current level of $7.25 during the recent recession caused some businesses to scale back on filling vacant positions or eliminate jobs altogether, said Michael Hicks, director of Ball State's Center for Business and Economic Research (CBER).
Minimum wage increases hurt teens
Quote:
Employers generally react in predictable (and rational) ways when faced with annual increases in the minimum wage. Their initial response is to compare the increased labor costs to the value of labor productivity. If the productivity of a particular worker is $6.50 per hour but the federal or state government forces an employer to pay $7.65 per hour, it stands to reason that that worker is going to lose their job. In a recession when profit margins are shrinking and cost-cutting measures become more necessary, perpetual minimum wage increases only exacerbate job losses for unskilled workers.
Minimum Wage Hike Raises Recession Fears - CBS News
Quote:
A federal minimum wage increase that takes effect Friday could prolong the recession, some economists say, by forcing small businesses to lay off the same workers that the pay hike passed in better times was meant to help.
Minimum Wage Hike Could Lead To Job Losses - Econwatch - CBS News

Attack of the Minimum-Wage Increase - NYTimes.com

And lastly -

What Bush Inherited, and What He Left Left Behind - By Victor Davis Hanson - The Corner - National Review Online
Quote:
George W. Bush inherited a recession. He also inherited the Iraq no-fly zones, a Middle East boiling after the failed last-minute Clintonian rush for an imposed peace, an intelligence community wedded to the notion of Saddam’s WMD proliferation, a Congress on record supporting “regime change” in Iraq, a WMD program in Libya, a Syrian occupation of Lebanon, Osama bin Laden enjoying free rein in Taliban-controlled Afghanistan, a renegade Pakistan that had gone nuclear on Clinton’s watch with Dr. Khan in full export mode, and a pattern of appeasing radical Islam after its serial attacks (on the World Trade Center, the Khobar Towers, U.S. embassies, and the U.S.S. Cole).

Old 09-08-2012, 05:59 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,168,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steampunkzombie View Post
I'd rather have guy as president who cheats on his wife and has a prosperous nation under him, than a man who's policies bankrupted the country and got us into 2 unnecessary wars, MADE A WHOLE LOT MORE ENEMIES FOR US, And put justice scalia on the supreme court. So If I were a republican I WOULD BE ASHAMED OF BUSH but then again I would just be ashamed of the whole party instead you keep smiling and laughing and patting one another on the back while saying job well done. The only good job your has done is show everyone in this country that you are a party of unamerican hateful zealots. Bush AND Cheney NEED TO BE TRIED IN COURT !
Something to consider, things became prosperous, after the republicans became the majority in Congress, and the budget/bills reflected that.

Old 09-08-2012, 06:23 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryWho? View Post
Enlighten me. Maybe I'll change my mind.
1. nothing given free is appreciated

2. hard work and persistence will usually pay off

3. one failure is educational- persistent failure is poor planning or preparation

4. education is very valuable- if one has a useful major

5. rewarding lethargy with more benefits will create more lethargy

6. fatherless families tend to produce poor children

7. high taxes rob capital from the private sector and reduce industry

8. there will always be poor people- they are poor for a reason and nothing can change it

9. the rights of an individual should supercede those of the federal government

10. a larger and larger federal government will become more oppressive

11. local decisions are usually more wise than decisions made by those a thousand miles away

12. content of character is more important than skin color

13. Christian values (when actually implemented) produce a better moral society

14. innovation does not come from the federal government

15. women are the keystones of the family and should be respected, not viewed as an objects

There you go. Now you know what conservatives know and you can stop being a liberal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies