Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 03:45 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,139,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post

A Pennsylvana Republican State House Member admitted there was NO fraud there; but the laws were intended to cut Democratic turnout and help Romney win election.

Game, Set AND Match!
Did you even listen to the 13 second clip you posted, where does he say "there was no fraud"? In fact the statement he made is 100% inline with the position that fraud is substantial.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2012, 03:49 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,492,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Did you even listen to the 13 second clip you posted, where does he say "there was no fraud"? In fact the statement he made is 100% inline with the position that fraud is substantial.
The current Pa. governor was the state Attorney General for 6 years. The number of voter fraud cases he prosecuted was zero.

Old 09-12-2012, 04:20 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,139,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
The current Pa. governor was the state Attorney General for 6 years. The number of voter fraud cases he prosecuted was zero.
How do you prosecute a crime you don't know was committed? This is central issue, we know voter fraud exists but we don't know the extent. More than 100% voter turnout in some Philly districts? 100% is a stretch to say the least but more than 100% is impossible:

Philly Election Officials Take Up GOP Complaints « CBS Philly

I issued a challenge to someone else. Show me that no voter fraud exists. I don't even care if it's one vote, that's too many. There was a NAACP leader in Mississippi convicted of voting under 10 peoples names, that's 11 votes from a single person.

Old 09-12-2012, 01:36 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,828,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
How do you prosecute a crime you don't know was committed? This is central issue, we know voter fraud exists but we don't know the extent. More than 100% voter turnout in some Philly districts? 100% is a stretch to say the least but more than 100% is impossible:

Philly Election Officials Take Up GOP Complaints « CBS Philly

I issued a challenge to someone else. Show me that no voter fraud exists. I don't even care if it's one vote, that's too many. There was a NAACP leader in Mississippi convicted of voting under 10 peoples names, that's 11 votes from a single person.
Virtually all voter fraud is insider stuff. As I would expect is the guy who voted for 10 people. That goes on just as well with ID as without. I believe the biggest source of fraud for a long time has been absentee ballots. But nobody actually wants to try any fixes there as they vote the "right" way mostly.

I don't know of a single incident so far that would be effected by Voter ID.

Old 09-12-2012, 02:15 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,502,881 times
Why don't the Republican's take all of the money they have wasted on fighting a negligible amount of voter fraud and use it to make sure that all of the absentee ballots sent in by our troops are counted? The incidence of that is proven, and is far more prevalent than any or imagined cases of voter fraud.

COUNTING THE VOTE: THE ABSENTEE BALLOTS; Military Ballots Merit a Review, Lieberman Says - New York Times

USATODAY.com - Military votes could decide election, but will they be counted?

Some Military Votes May Not Be Counted : NPR

Truth On Target: Military Votes Not Counted 98,000 Lost Military Ballots

Old 09-12-2012, 03:54 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,101,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
That's a blatant lie, photo ID costs money. When I got my first photo ID when I was a teenager, they didn't give it to me for free. Try getting a government issued photo ID for free, only way you can is if you grab it really quickly and run out without paying for it. That's the exact reason courts have struck down most of the laws. Conservatives aren't even trying to defend their position anymore, just telling bald faced lies about it and hope people don't notice
PAJ is from MD. MD is always going to be a Democratic leaning state. They will never pass voter ID here, and even if they could, the Democrats would make you pay for it, because everything they do here is to take money away from it's citizens. So, they might attempt it for lip service only, knowing it will get thrown out for being a poll tax.

Old 09-12-2012, 04:06 PM

Some investigations have been done in the Houston, TEXAS area:

Voter ID Laws: Racist or Reasonable?

Quote:
...The group began doing research into the abnormalities in Jackson Lee’s district. They took the first 3,800 registrations of the flagged 19,596 instances with six or more registrants at one address and began to investigate further. The group visited addresses and scoured property tax records. The group found many of the addresses were vacant lots or business addresses. Thirty-nine were registered at businesses and 97 of the addresses were nonexistent. One hundred six of the registrations revealed the same registrant registered more than once, and 207 of the addresses turned out to be vacant lots.

Meanwhile, 595 registrations had registrants with driver’s license addresses not matching the registration, and many were voting in a district they did not live in. Of the random 3,800 registrations from Jackson Lee’s predominantly Democratic district, 25 percent had critical errors. ...

Old 09-12-2012, 04:13 PM

Stating that voter ID will allow someone to win can be interpretted as "With Voter ID, one person might win against someone who might have won before the chance of fraud was eliminated."

Old 09-12-2012, 06:41 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,945,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
PAJ is from MD. MD is always going to be a Democratic leaning state. They will never pass voter ID here, and even if they could, the Democrats would make you pay for it, because everything they do here is to take money away from it's citizens. So, they might attempt it for lip service only, knowing it will get thrown out for being a poll tax.
Riiiiight, everything is a giant conspiracy to keep voter ID laws out. You're manufacturing defenses for a poll tax out of thin air, lying and saying IDs are free doesn't seem to be working too well with the courts lately, does it?

Old 09-12-2012, 08:54 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,513,802 times
Quote:
  1. Use the voter services site to see if you have to show ID before voting.
  1. Some first time voters in Maryland will be asked to show ID before voting. If you are asked to show ID, please show an election judge one of the following forms of ID:
    • A copy of a current and valid photo ID (i.e., Maryland driver's license, MVA-issued ID card, student, employee, or military ID card, U.S. passport, or any other State or federal government-issued ID card); or
    • A copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck or other government document that shows your name and address. Current means that the document is dated within 3 months of the election.
Frequently Asked Election Day Questions

OMG! That racist Maryland and its 50% of newly registered (democrat) applicants.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies