Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2012, 01:48 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
I 100% understand Libertarians I just don't agree with them on all, or even most of their positions.
You are honest and a student of learning You will come around eventually
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2012, 01:50 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
1. you are white, just because one store may discriminate, you can simply go to another. That is not the same as a minority, who can shut every place because most businesses are owned by white people.
If there are 10 white doctors in town and one tells you to fu*k, you still got 9, I can get denied by all 10. You being denied and me being denied are two different situations.

2. For the bolded: I don't own a business, don't plan too, and even if I did, the government doesn't own my life, I simply have to follow rules.
Starting with 2: You missed it, entirely. The more you allow the government in to your life, the more they most certainly WILL own your life.

1: Seriously, are you just reading what you want to read? Because you didn't comprehend what I said, at all. If 10 out of 10 doctors are racist, guess what? I ALSO have no doctor to go to! The fact of the matter is, YOU think 10 out of 10 doctors will be racist. I think 3 out 10 will be racist. That's where we see things differently.

Old 09-13-2012, 01:55 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,392,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
You are honest and a student of learning You will come around eventually
That is why I started this thread.
//www.city-data.com/forum/elect...-but-paul.html

As to me coming around I suspect that will take quite a bit.

Old 09-13-2012, 01:58 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,073,152 times
Quote:
That is why I started this thread.
//www.city-data.com/forum/elect...-but-paul.html

As to me coming around I suspect that will take quite a bit.
We'll all be dead before you can get enough to buy into this libertarian nonsense. They can't even get republicans to fully buy in, and thats weird because both believe in no government and no regulations. Republicans would have orgasm if they could live in a world of no regulation.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:22 PM

Quote:
We'll all be dead before you can get enough to buy into this libertarian nonsense. They can't even get republicans to fully buy in, and thats weird because both believe in no government and no regulations. Republicans would have orgasm if they could live in a world of no regulation.
To be honest I don't know why so many Libertarians tried to get in with the GOP, the GOP is in part made up of foreign policy Neo-Cons and religious devotees that insist on a litany of social controls. Heck some in the GOP are both. I think a major issue is that many Libertarians are unwilling to compromise their beliefs which, while possibly admirable, means the will likely have trouble getting a whole lot of political power.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:34 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,073,152 times
Quote:
To be honest I don't know why so many Libertarians tried to get in with the GOP, the GOP is in part made up of foreign policy Neo-Cons and religious devotees that insist on a litany of social controls. Heck some in the GOP are both. I think a major issue is that many Libertarians are unwilling to compromise their beliefs which, while possibly admirable, means the will likely have trouble getting a whole lot of political power.
I've never met a libertarian in real life, so I can only go off these forums, but i think their biggest problem is that they come off as crazy, self righteous, think they are smarter than everybody, every man for themself nutjobs.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:39 PM

Quote:
I've never met a libertarian in real life, so I can only go off these forums, but i think their biggest problem is that they come off as crazy, self righteous, think they are smarter than everybody, every man for themself nutjobs.
I have meet many Libertarians, including a party chair, and a lot of them make a lot of sense on some issues it is just that eventually you will hit the issues where you might not agree. In my case there are a lot of those disagreement points and they are deal breakers.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:41 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
I have meet many Libertarians, including a party chair, and a lot of them make a lot of sense on some issues it is just that eventually you will hit the issues where you might not agree. In my case there are a lot of those disagreement points and they are deal breakers.

You can make the same case for dems and repubs.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:57 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,799,701 times
I hate to be a butt-in-skie here, but I'm just wonder if Carbonni or Bulldawg ever got back with me.

If so, then it'd probably be best to PM me because I'm not going to read some 18 pages of this thread to find a specific response to me.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
You can make the same case for dems and repubs.
Yes you can. The only real difference is that a lot more people, in fact the vast majority, find either the Dems or the Repubs more palatable then Libertarians, myself included.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies