Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2012, 06:47 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
This is not good.

'US ambassador killed' in Libya protest - live updates | World news | guardian.co.uk

Romney response -- then Obama campaign responds to the disgusting Romney politicizing it. By the way, can that Fla "preacher" face criminal charges as accessory?

Romney criticizes Obama response to Libya, Egypt attacks | Reuters
So the Left's response to Muslim aggression is to dispense with our most sacred rights. Will the Left stand for anything besides gay marriage and abortion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2012, 06:49 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,206,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You 2 need to get together on daily talking points....and you call me a fool?

So, you are saying that Romney condemned the violence BEOFRE it happened? and you are calling me a fool?
NO--he condemned the Obama administrations response to the violence before they'd even made one, and instead attributed a statement made by the Cairo embassy during the day yesterday, long before the violence started so it was completely out of context, to the administration. It was about as lame and opportunistic as it gets.

Old 09-12-2012, 06:49 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,600,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Embassy statements are "official government responses" as well as Secretary of State statements.
Uh, huh...think that if you wish.

You'll learn different in the coming days.

Old 09-12-2012, 06:50 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,148,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
This is not good.

'US ambassador killed' in Libya protest - live updates | World news | guardian.co.uk

Romney response -- then Obama campaign responds to the disgusting Romney politicizing it. By the way, can that Fla "preacher" face criminal charges as accessory?

Romney criticizes Obama response to Libya, Egypt attacks | Reuters

I thought the Muslim Brotherhood was supposed to be our allies after we helped get rid of Gaddafi? This is looking like 1980 all over again. Bad economy, Radical muslims attacking american embassies. Barrack Obama is now officially Jimmy Carter 2.0

Old 09-12-2012, 06:51 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
The Romney campaign seized on an initial statement from the U.S. Embassy in Cairo opting to attack that vs. waiting to hear the Official response from the Secretary of State?

Does this guy have a clue how Government works?
Wait to hear? Why wait. You would THINK our government would condemn the attacks.

The folks attacking Romney for doing the right thing disturb me more than the apology to Muslims. But just barely.

Old 09-12-2012, 06:51 AM

17 posts, read 14,342 times
12//09//2012___U.S. Ambassador in Libya (bani ghazi) They are lynching the US ambassador, exactly as they did to Gadaffi. Don't believe the mainstream media lies about him being killed by a rocket propelled grenade!

Old 09-12-2012, 06:52 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The bodies are still warm, and Romney already turned this into an opportunity to politicize it, and rip Obama over it That's horribly low low class. It makes me sick.

The WH condemned the attacks: ""strongly condemns the outrageous attack" (Obama) & "in the strongest terms" (Clinton).

I agree that the media should ignore koran burners and other idiots making movies like the one in question. You know people in US and in the west will tolerate such actions, but you also know some islamist radicals will do something stupid like kill people when they see it. Even the Bible says to not "pull a sleeping dog by the ears". I suppose it would be OK, if people who burned the korans faced the consequence themselves, but it is always others who pay the price for their actions, and that's not cool.
Quote:
“While the United States rejects efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others, we must all unequivocally oppose the kind of senseless violence that took the lives of these public servants,” Mr. Obama said in a statement released by the White House.
By mentioning the film in the same statement he is establishing a moral equivalency between the film and the attacks. In America we can make any films we want. Muslims some of the most vilest things about Jews, Muslims and other groups no one storms their embassies.

The film itself has been out for sometime on Youtube which btw has some pretty stringent guidelines. To an astute reader his condemnation is nothing more than a perfunctory act, it's expected.

We're in an election year you think Romney is simply going to let Obama do whatever he wants and not respond? Grow up.

8,652 posts, read 17,243,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
It is my deepest sadness that this tragedy occurred, but I am glad that Sec. Clinton and President Obama are on it and addressing it as a leading nation in partnership with its global community.

My heartfelt condolences to those affected by this heinous act of a small group of extremists.

Statement on the Attack in Benghazi

Please join me in my prayers for a peaceful resolution to this terrible event.
What you are really saying is that it is ok to kill Americans and we are to do nothing about it......

8,227 posts, read 11,148,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It's 100% political. Like I said it makes me sick. As an independent I can tell you there is no chance in the world I'd vote for a hack like that.
Did it make you "sick" when Obama politicized the Seal Team 6 hit on Bin Liden? If not, then shut up hypocrite!

Old 09-12-2012, 06:53 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,600,753 times
Exclamation huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Wait to hear? Why wait. You would THINK our government would condemn the attacks.

The folks attacking Romney for doing the right thing disturb me more than the apology to Muslims. But just barely.
Romney's an idiot. He issued a statement condemning events that hadn't occurred.

The Government did condemn the attacks.

Where have you been?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies