Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2012, 08:47 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,592,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMUAlum08 View Post
what are you talking about? Mitt is going to get his ass handed to him during the debates. He's going to look like a total clown when he gets called on all his flopping.

What foreign affairs has Mitt been involved in that makes him so much more qualified than Obama?
Delusional much??

And what foreign affair experience did the community organizer have? None! And what has he learned? Nothing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2012, 08:48 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,687,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
It appears Obama and Hillary are more worried about "breaking bonds" with the muslim nutjobs than anything else.
They feel they have made a lot of progress with their White House meetings with the Muslim Brotherhood, to make them start to like us, and they don't want to risk losing that.

Old 09-12-2012, 08:48 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,548,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
The other day I was told I don't deserve respect for believing in god and that doing so is akin to believing in Santa Claus. Most of the posters that said so identify themselves as left leaning Obama supporters. Why are they accepting of Obama appologizing for a insult to muslims then?

Protesters attack U.S. diplomatic compounds in Egypt, Libya - CNN.com

It also said in a statement that it "condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims -- as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions
Because they are not afraid that you'll turn around and slit their throat for insulting your religion.

This "tolerance for Muslims" is really a fear of Muslims and their violent reactions to mere words.

Old 09-12-2012, 08:49 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,766,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
making a bad movie is now an 'attack'?

why isn't mikie moore in prison?
Maybe because the objects of his attacks are not as crazy as those Islamists?

39,091 posts, read 51,283,353 times
I think Romney got carried away and is politicizing a tragedy that the US could do nothing about. His comments also reflect his lack of understanding of the complexities of mideast policy. And then there is the ever-present question of what would Romney have done differently. Talk is cheap.

However, I too was more than a little disappointed at Clinton's remarks yesterday which seemed more toward assuring Muslims that the US did not approve of the film while failing to condemn the actions of the extremists. Of course, I only got snippets on the news so I don't know the full text of her remarks.

Once again, however, we must remind the hateful right that the violence of a relative handful of Libyans does not represent the attitudes and behavior of Muslims in Libya or around the world. The extremists are our enemies, not their religion.

3,179 posts, read 3,168,460 times
Oh, run away Obozo from that reporter's question, "Mr. President, was this an act of war?"

Old 09-12-2012, 08:50 AM

4,088 posts, read 4,391,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Believe it. It is time an AMERICAN stood up and told the truth. We are being led by cowards who blame America first then appologize, then do nothing.

Thank God for Mitt!

I call on all democrats who love this country to stand up and do the same.
Was Raegan a coward, when he responded to 275 dead marines in the Lebanon bombing, by pulling our forces out?

I know what Bush/ Cheney would do- invade the wrong country!!!

Why don't we let the adults handle this, hmmm?

Sit down and shut up, Mitt

18,258 posts, read 22,547,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
It appears Obama and Hillary are more worried about "breaking bonds" with the muslim nutjobs than anything else.
No, what they are concerned about is some hotheads blaming an entire country and ALL of its people and an entire religion for the actions of a few.

52,692 posts, read 34,601,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
The other day I was told I don't deserve respect for believing in god and that doing so is akin to believing in Santa Claus. Most of the posters that said so identify themselves as left leaning Obama supporters. Why are they accepting of Obama appologizing for a insult to muslims then?

Protesters attack U.S. diplomatic compounds in Egypt, Libya - CNN.com

It also said in a statement that it "condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims -- as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions
only muslims get this special dispensation. you should know this by now.

Old 09-12-2012, 08:51 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,548,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
They have to try and keep those protests from spreading. What else are they supposed to do?
We've already gone too far with this "tolerance". It's no longer tolerance but fear of what they will do now. We've lost the war to the radicals.

You don't let a bully get away with things. The first time they bully you, you turn around and punch them in the nose and tell them to lay off.
Playing nice with bullies doesn't work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies