Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 05:55 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,164,824 times

Advertisements

Damn this funny, people who have never lived and worked in the UK are experts on the NHS.
Just let them die, hell no, the Brits just prop oldies up against the wall and shoot them, far more efficient.
And if you believe that you would that you would believe they have death panels to select those who will be slotted in the UK.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2012, 07:11 PM

78,862 posts, read 46,775,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzrugby View Post
Damn this funny, people who have never lived and worked in the UK are experts on the NHS.
Just let them die, hell no, the Brits just prop oldies up against the wall and shoot them, far more efficient.
And if you believe that you would that you would believe they have death panels to select those who will be slotted in the UK.

We have death panels here in the USA, already.

My dad, 82 is in front of a death panel right now and I'm fighting them the whole way.

Once you are on Medicare, they own your ass, lock, stock & barrel

Old 09-15-2012, 07:13 PM

27,255 posts, read 15,425,393 times
Yep, attrition.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:19 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,852,477 times
Same as what is finally taking place in Canada..My mother in law was on a type of life support for seven years...They kept her alive as if she was a lab rat...Now they have put her into hospital...her feet have rotted off...no more treatments...She is in the death ward...the place is packed.......Morphine flows like water...

A few years back I was at another hospital and a young nurse confided in me...we sat in an empty room...and she pulled out a syringe and squirted it into the air - and with a sardonic smile said..."This is what we use to get rid of old people"- I was there and it came right out of her mouth....I suggest if you are aging...stay out of hospitals and make sure you are your own health care plan- The future is frightening...Because we have public health care- doctors keep you alive forever...because you become a commodity .....and there is a million dollars in earning for doctors- who suck up tax payer dollars...Yes there are death panels....not formal ones...but there is..Once they have no use for you and there is nothing left of you it is time for SISTER MORPHINE.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:31 PM

25,021 posts, read 28,002,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Same as what is finally taking place in Canada..My mother in law was on a type of life support for seven years...They kept her alive as if she was a lab rat...Now they have put her into hospital...her feet have rotted off...no more treatments...She is in the death ward...the place is packed.......Morphine flows like water...

A few years back I was at another hospital and a young nurse confided in me...we sat in an empty room...and she pulled out a syringe and squirted it into the air - and with a sardonic smile said..."This is what we use to get rid of old people"- I was there and it came right out of her mouth....I suggest if you are aging...stay out of hospitals and make sure you are your own health care plan- The future is frightening...Because we have public health care- doctors keep you alive forever...because you become a commodity .....and there is a million dollars in earning for doctors- who suck up tax payer dollars...Yes there are death panels....not formal ones...but there is..Once they have no use for you and there is nothing left of you it is time for SISTER MORPHINE.
But but but, Canada is utopia I thought everyone there lived to be 100 thanks to Canadian healthcare and everything's all peaches and roses!

Old 09-15-2012, 07:33 PM

32,147 posts, read 15,167,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
We have death panels here in the USA, already.

My dad, 82 is in front of a death panel right now and I'm fighting them the whole way.

Once you are on Medicare, they own your ass, lock, stock & barrel
What exactly does that mean. Is your dad fighting for his life as well or is it just you. I ask this because my sister is a nurse in Florida. There are so many patients your fathers age who are sick with so many ailments that they just want to go but their family won't let them. And they fight tooth and nail to keep them alive. My sister had an elderly bedridden lady grab her arm and ask that she please tell her kids to let her die. Her quality of life sucked and she didn't want to live that way anymore. But her kids wanted test after test and meds to keep her alive.
So that's why I asked if your father is fighting to stay alive or is it just you not wanting to let him go. And there are no death panels....just the opposite. My dads doctor was adamant that he get a colonoscopy. My dad is 91 and said no way lol My dad is so tired of living. He just wants to go and I support his decision.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:38 PM

9,022 posts, read 13,886,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post

Your post doesn't sound like a death panel,it sounds more like a life panel.
Even though someone is suffering,the Doctors are still keeping her alive with life support.

In fact,that's sounds so far from a death panel.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:46 PM

78,862 posts, read 46,775,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
What exactly does that mean. Is your dad fighting for his life as well or is it just you.

His life will be taken if they don't feed him to get him stronger(they have starved him) and if they remove his fluids, which will make his kidneys shut down. They have tried to do just that.

Walked in one morning and saw all fluids, feed and oxygen removed. Well, you know he is old and lived a long life....

After a day & a half of no fluids they finally hooked him back up to fluids. and after 2½ days of no feeding, they hooked him back up. It was a fight. My dad is not terminal. He is just tired and now starved so he is very weak. The nurse actually said to me after two days being back on fluids and feed, " What do you know, he is getting better. His kidneys are working, his bowels are moving, he needs to be moved to rehab."
I had to fight to get it done. They were going to force his kidneys to shut down.

To all with elderly parents you really care about. You need to be there every step of the way and be very aggressive. You are the only one that cares.
You must be a very outspoken advocate for your parents.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:59 PM

32,147 posts, read 15,167,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
His life will be taken if they don't feed him to get him stronger(they have starved him) and if they remove his fluids, which will make his kidneys shut down. They have tried to do just that.

Walked in one morning and saw all fluids, feed and oxygen removed. Well, you know he is old and lived a long life....

After a day & a half of no fluids they finally hooked him back up to fluids. and after 2½ days of no feeding, they hooked him back up. It was a fight. My dad is not terminal. He is just tired and now starved so he is very weak. The nurse actually said to me after two days being back on fluids and feed, " What do you know, he is getting better. His kidneys are working, his bowels are moving, he needs to be moved to rehab."
I had to fight to get it done. They were going to force his kidneys to shut down.

To all with elderly parents you really care about. You need to be there every step of the way and be very aggressive. You are the only one that cares.
You must be a very outspoken advocate for your parents.
That's all well and good what you want. But this isn't about you. What does your father want. Have you even asked him. Does he really want to live like this

Old 09-15-2012, 08:20 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,226,890 times
There is a big difference in wanting someone to die and trying to make them live for as long as possible.
There is nothing worse than merely existing on and on and on and on.

Do you really think that people prefer to live like that?

It's not about YOU. It's about that person in the bed. YOU, not the nurses, doctors, or hospital are making the choice to keep the person alive as long as possible. If you prefer that Nature take over, then let the doctor, etc. know your feelings.

There's a lot that can be done to keep the heart breathing and the lungs working. Is this life? Would you want to live like that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies