Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 09:14 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,854,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Yes, since it involves taxes used to pay for it, not your hard earned money.
It involves taxes to pay for mandatory drug tests, yes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2012, 09:22 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,701,078 times
Laws that keep us safe from ourselves, are unconstitutional.
They go against everything freedom and our constitution stands for.

Old 09-13-2012, 09:24 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,078,817 times
Quote:
Laws that keep us safe from ourselves, are unconstitutional.
True..... as much as we would like for people to have common sense, many don't and because people will do things anyways we can't protect them through laws and infringe on the responsible ones liberties

Old 09-13-2012, 09:27 PM

83 posts, read 79,660 times
"I am sure that 80% of the city of Chicago who is either a crack addict or an Opiate addict will recieve fair treatment"

When you hate this many Americans, you don't love America.

Old 09-13-2012, 09:27 PM

635 posts, read 540,064 times
Quote:
The Obama Administration through the Justice Department has given the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) the authority to “seize and administratively forfeit property involved in controlled-substance abuses.” In effect: those who are convicted of crimes involving alcohol and/or substance abusers will have their right to bear arms revoked.
Did you read the article and/or understand it? Because nowhere did it state that your right to bear arms would be impacted in these instances.

Quote:
If I'm supporting you, I own you until you get tired of it.
So the bank owns me because I pay a mortgage? Awright, debtor's prisons, here we come!

Old 09-13-2012, 09:28 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,701,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
True..... as much as we would like for people to have common sense, many don't and because people will do things anyways we can't protect them through laws and infringe on the responsible ones liberties

How many people smoke pot or snort coke, even though it is illegal?

How many people own guns, that are convicted felons?

Kinda, ironic, isn't it!

Old 09-13-2012, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatTheKing View Post
"I am sure that 80% of the city of Chicago who is either a crack addict or an Opiate addict will recieve fair treatment"

When you hate this many Americans, you don't love America.
Nothing hateful there..... just semi honest critique..... I wish them the best..... that is love not hate

Old 09-13-2012, 09:31 PM

Quote:
How many people smoke pot or snort coke, even though it is illegal?

How many people own guns, that are convicted felons?

Kinda, ironic, isn't it!
Exactly

The more laws there are of these kinds, the more they are pushed to the underground creating a black market..... nobody seems to remeber alcohol prohibition unfortunately

Old 09-13-2012, 09:33 PM

45,251 posts, read 26,502,350 times
Seizure of assets without due process? hmmm too bad King George isn't around to witness America come full circle

Old 09-13-2012, 09:41 PM

749 posts, read 839,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qr5667 View Post

So the bank owns me because I pay a mortgage? Awright, debtor's prisons, here we come!
I'm sure you're joking with that analogy, but in case you weren't....the difference is: You were lent the money to buy something of worth to the bank - your house. Not to mention the fact that at the time you signed the papers, I'm pretty certain you showed proof to the bank that you were capable, and were in fact supporting yourself.

Someone on welfare is NOT apparently capable of supporting themselves, at least at that moment in time, and therefore is procuring what amounts to a signature loan from the government....only this loan doesn't have to paid back. I don't think it's too much of a stretch to consider ensuring that this bounty...coming from taxpayer monies....isn't being pi$$ed away on a drug or alcohol habit.

Wouldn't you say?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies