Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 12:11 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,671,954 times

Advertisements

Does the muslim religion revolve around violence?

Jesus was mocked, spit upon but never resorted to violence nor his followers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2012, 12:14 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,039,923 times

Who knows, but they're going to have to learn to deal with it. Because free speech is not going away.

Old 09-17-2012, 12:24 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post

Who knows, but they're going to have to learn to deal with it. Because free speech is not going away.
Don't count on that, in this country, and in this day and age.

Old 09-17-2012, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Not to sound like Braveheart or anything. But as far as Im concerned, there are plenty of freedoms I would die before I allow them to be taken away. The 1st Amendment is one of them.

Old 09-17-2012, 12:35 PM

31,086 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Quote:
Not to sound like Braveheart or anything. But as far as Im concerned, there are plenty of freedoms I would die before I allow them to be taken away. The 1st Amendment is one of them.
Rep you on that ^^^^.

Old 09-17-2012, 12:39 PM

571 posts, read 1,201,485 times
Quote:
100% agree. The First Amendment is more important than any belief system I could have. Some think our freedoms are a God-given right, others do not invoke God whatsoever.

Since Americans are quite used to their rights, I think we don't realize that even in other "free" countries, there are limits on what you can do. For example, you can't name your child whatever you want. There are lists to choose from. You can't express your opinion in an op-ed. You can't open any old business. You can't go back to school for a second career after a certain age. Etc., etc.

There is a recent encroachment on freedoms and I'm surprised people don't protest. New Yorkers are allowing Bloomberg to tighten the reigns on what they can eat and drink. These laws go beyond establishing social order and infringe on people's rights.

Old 09-17-2012, 12:39 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,218,878 times
Why is violence used when someone speaks of Prophet Mohammad?

They're indoctrinated that way

Obsession - Radical Islam's War Against the West - Trailer & Exclusive Clips

Old 09-17-2012, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelcake4 View Post
100% agree. The First Amendment is more important than any belief system I could have. Some think our freedoms are a God-given right, others do not invoke God whatsoever.

Since Americans are quite used to their rights, I think we don't realize that even in other "free" countries, there are limits on what you can do. For example, you can't name your child whatever you want. There are lists to choose from. You can't express your opinion in an op-ed. You can't open any old business. You can't go back to school for a second career after a certain age. Etc., etc.

There is a recent encroachment on freedoms and I'm surprised people don't protest. New Yorkers are allowing Bloomberg to tighten the reigns on what they can eat and drink. These laws go beyond establishing social order and infringe on people's rights.
More towards the OP, but look how they live their lives over there. Truly in the stone age. The concept of free speech, or freedom in general, doesnt compute with many of them over there. And if they can't understand that, there is no point in trying to explain it to them until we are blue in the face.

I don't always like what others have to say. I find many things offensive, annoying, disgusting, revolting, etc. I will always wish that some would be less explicit, rude, crass, etc. Even here on the internet, you can hardly go to a Youtube video anymore, no matter how mild or normal the video subject material is, and you can not get away from internet tough guys and putting it mildly, sick disgusting people.

However, I would never want to lose the right. It is one of the most important rights we have. The right to speak out, speak up. With out that, you would essentially have no rights.

Old 09-17-2012, 12:46 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I fear that our Constitution is in dire threat of being dead depending on the outcome of the coming election. Without it there will be no freedom of speech of any kind.

Old 09-17-2012, 01:34 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,936,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Does the muslim religion revolve around violence?

Jesus was mocked, spit upon but never resorted to violence nor his followers.
Well according to the bible stories, he supposedly only did that to the money changers.

You are comparing your take on a man "Jesus" to an entire Religion.

How many real Muslims do you know?

How many wars and crusades were supposedly in the name of Christianity?

Heck they have rituals where they ask you to eat flesh and blood, talk about Crucifixion and bathing in the blood? Seriously?

NM the fact that the US is involved in tons of bloodshed and war. The Islamic countries have been around longer, but the US has been invading and killing since it was born.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies