Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 05:17 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
You might want to see who's running his campaign, who's advising him and who's putting up the money before you say that.
I could say the same about Barack H. Obama. Look who's running his campaign, advising him, and who's funding him. No one to be proud of.

I won't sit here and say Romney is a true Conservative, but he is at the very least in the right direction.

There is no way, Romney comes in and sets us backwards and makes things worse. He understands the problems we face and understands at least partially, the path we need to take to start improving things more quickly. Barack H. Obama does not, and mocks the paths we need to take, yet offers up nothing on what he would do differently than this time, if anything. The crazy thing is, if he could, he would use yet another stimulus.

For all this talk about what Romney said on the video, which he was right by the way, the press makes nothing of Barack's many comments that slam those that DO in this country.

If I could wish for one thing in this country right now, you know what itd be? An unbiased press. A press that understands they are there largely to look out for all of us, for America and our way of life. A press that would not think twice about taking on all sides all agendas when something isn't right. We would be in a much better situation right now, if they were fair and honest. Sadly, for some of you, while Romney isn't great, if the press were fair and honest, I do not believe Barack would have a chance in this election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2012, 05:34 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,530,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
I could say the same about Barack H. Obama. Look who's running his campaign, advising him, and who's funding him. No one to be proud of.

I won't sit here and say Romney is a true Conservative, but he is at the very least in the right direction.

There is no way, Romney comes in and sets us backwards and makes things worse. He understands the problems we face and understands at least partially, the path we need to take to start improving things more quickly. Barack H. Obama does not, and mocks the paths we need to take, yet offers up nothing on what he would do differently than this time, if anything. The crazy thing is, if he could, he would use yet another stimulus.

For all this talk about what Romney said on the video, which he was right by the way, the press makes nothing of Barack's many comments that slam those that DO in this country.

If I could wish for one thing in this country right now, you know what itd be? An unbiased press. A press that understands they are there largely to look out for all of us, for America and our way of life. A press that would not think twice about taking on all sides all agendas when something isn't right. We would be in a much better situation right now, if they were fair and honest. Sadly, for some of you, while Romney isn't great, if the press were fair and honest, I do not believe Barack would have a chance in this election.
We've never had an unbiased press in our history. Nobody has. Editorial positions and human beings with their own values are involved in the news business and always have been, yet our nation survives and thrives year after year after year.

I'm disturbed by how many people believe the "press," or the "MSM," will be responsible for an Obama victory. That's a handy excuse for the GOP not coming up with a message and candidate that reflects the Will of The People and a dangerous course to follow because it lays the ground-work for accepting that the forthcoming election was "stolen" and the resulting administration illegitimate. That alone would be "justification" for revolt.

We hear that idea expressed more and more recently, and I wonder if the "explanation" for another Obama term is already being developed. Is this to become the new mantra for the right if they lose the election, an excuse for even more obstructionism.....or worse?

Old 09-19-2012, 05:52 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
We've never had an unbiased press in our history. Nobody has. Editorial positions and human beings with their own values are involved in the news business and always have been, yet our nation survives and thrives year after year after year.

I'm disturbed by how many people believe the "press," or the "MSM," will be responsible for an Obama victory. That's a handy excuse for the GOP not coming up with a message and candidate that reflects the Will of The People and a dangerous course to follow because it lays the ground-work for accepting that the forthcoming election was "stolen" and the resulting administration illegitimate. That alone would be "justification" for revolt.

We hear that idea expressed more and more recently, and I wonder if the "explanation" for another Obama term is already being developed. Is this to become the new mantra for the right if they lose the election, an excuse for even more obstructionism.....or worse?
I can not believe even you believe that the press has sunk to it's lowest level from 2008 to now. There are many examples of this. Any story they can find that would either prop up Barack or possibly hurt anyone against him, they all jump on in tandem and keep alive as long as possible. Yet they look for every chance to ignore or defend something critical of Barack.

You can not truly believe if we had a press that was even 50% more unbiased and fair than they are now, that Barack would be even close to 50% approval rating. The press, along with celebrities, are what keeps him afloat. I can not even fathom how you can argue in this economy, with these problems, with the killings in the Middle East last week (and a press who ran away from the story as fast as lightening), that with an unbiased press how he would even have a chance. Remember, this is the same press who jumped on a bullying/prank story on Romney from 50 years ago. When have you ever seen them all jump to report on a story that was negative of Barack or his Administration. If it happened, it was rare and I am certain it was not a story they didn't quickly get away from.

Old 09-19-2012, 06:37 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
lets say for the sake of arguing that we agree with you. The suggestion is to go back to the same policies under bush? You guys aren't suggesting anything new. I'm only 30, but republicans have been wanting to end entitlements, lower taxes for the rich, give tax breaks for corporations, privatize medicare and make sure the military is drowning in money since before I was born. What exactly is it that they are going to do that we haven't seen before or heard before.
You can't make blanket statements, "the same policies under bush", and get away with it.

Specifically, which policies are you trying to condemn that you THINK are the cause of the problems we are in.?

The rest of your post is flat out lies.

If you are going to make these cl,aims you have to back them up.

Old 09-19-2012, 07:39 AM

3,417 posts, read 3,073,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
You can't make blanket statements, "the same policies under bush", and get away with it.

Specifically, which policies are you trying to condemn that you THINK are the cause of the problems we are in.?

The rest of your post is flat out lies.

If you are going to make these claims you have to back them up.
You're right, I shouldn't have said bush policies. I meant to say republican policies. The platform that romney is running on is the same platform from republicans I've seen since I understood politics and since before I was born. You guys always want to lower taxes, privatize medicare, **** away money to the military like you're drunken sailors, end entitlements and make sure your favorite corporations get those tax breaks. Its the same damn thing always. Don't get me wrong, I'm not even upset by it, thats just what you go guys do. You'll let the sick die and want the poor out on the streets, but you'll also make the sure the corporations get that tax break so the CEO has that 25 million performance bonus, and you'll make sure the army has that check to build a tank or some weapon they don't need.

Old 09-19-2012, 09:28 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,530,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
I can not believe even you believe that the press has sunk to it's lowest level from 2008 to now. There are many examples of this. Any story they can find that would either prop up Barack or possibly hurt anyone against him, they all jump on in tandem and keep alive as long as possible. Yet they look for every chance to ignore or defend something critical of Barack.

You can not truly believe if we had a press that was even 50% more unbiased and fair than they are now, that Barack would be even close to 50% approval rating. The press, along with celebrities, are what keeps him afloat. I can not even fathom how you can argue in this economy, with these problems, with the killings in the Middle East last week (and a press who ran away from the story as fast as lightening), that with an unbiased press how he would even have a chance. Remember, this is the same press who jumped on a bullying/prank story on Romney from 50 years ago. When have you ever seen them all jump to report on a story that was negative of Barack or his Administration. If it happened, it was rare and I am certain it was not a story they didn't quickly get away from.
Even if all that were true, (which I simply don't believe because I know a bit about our history) what would you do about it? What can Mitt Romney do about it?

Old 09-19-2012, 10:03 AM

Quote:
You're right, I shouldn't have said bush policies. I meant to say republican policies. The platform that romney is running on is the same platform from republicans I've seen since I understood politics and since before I was born. You guys always want to lower taxes, privatize medicare, **** away money to the military like you're drunken sailors, end entitlements and make sure your favorite corporations get those tax breaks. Its the same damn thing always. Don't get me wrong, I'm not even upset by it, thats just what you go guys do. You'll let the sick die and want the poor out on the streets, but you'll also make the sure the corporations get that tax break so the CEO has that 25 million performance bonus, and you'll make sure the army has that check to build a tank or some weapon they don't need.
Just as I figured, you haven't a clue to what you are talking about, just the same old talking points without ANY facts to back them up.

Old 09-19-2012, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Just as I figured, you haven't a clue to what you are talking about, just the same old talking points without ANY facts to back them up.
just as I figured, you haven't denied any of it because you know its true.

Old 09-19-2012, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Quote:
just as I figured, you haven't denied any of it because you know its true.
Not only are you wrong on the facts you of things you claimed are true, but, you can't even comprehend what is written.

As I stated, "you haven't a clue to what you are talking about", which in English,means I deny any truth to your claims.

Quit beating around the bush and post the facts to back up your claims. Until you do, this is my last post to you. I won't waste my time .

Old 09-19-2012, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Not only are you wrong on the facts you of things you claimed are true, but, you can't even comprehend what is written.

As I stated, "you haven't a clue to what you are talking about", which in English,means I deny any truth to your claims.

Quit beating around the bush and post the facts to back up your claims. Until you do, this is my last post to you. I won't waste my time .
bye.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies