Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 12:42 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,156,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Obama promises a lot of things. Remember when he said this?

Obama said he should serve only one term - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2012, 12:44 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,234,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Obama promises a lot of things. Remember when he said this?

Obama said he should serve only one term - YouTube
You know how to know whne Obama lies?\
he moves his mouth

Old 09-20-2012, 12:45 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,495,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
And that is my issue.....
1200 penalty I wish I had the luxery of paying 1/4 the cost for car insurance by opting for a penalty.
Can I do this on my homeowners tax?

You can eliminate paying homeowners tax entirely by selling your home and renting it back from the buyer.

Of course, if you do this in Michigan, the homeowners tax quadruples because now the property is a rental.

Old 09-20-2012, 12:47 PM

4,255 posts, read 3,483,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post

Of course, if you do this in Michigan, the homeowners tax quadruples because now the property is a rental.

Of course, renting property is a business and blue states beleive all bills should be payed by others.

Old 09-20-2012, 12:54 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,986,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Good. They need to get insurance and quit leeching off of other people.

Moochers....
I am going to hold you personally responsible for mine. You see in 1987 on the job i was crushed and my back was trashed. Ever since that day I have been told to not bother applying for jobs, or to try and buy any health ins.

So while i am in part deemed crippled I do not get 2 cents to rub together, and work for every cent i get.

However for love or money I can not buy heath insurance and at this time have no desire what so ever to buy any any now.

So I will be opting out on being forced by big government to buy any from now on, except for what it is YOU buy for me.

I have never once leeched off the system and have always paid taxes on a 1099 form.

You can't have it both ways..........

Because i could not I now will not...... Who will be brave enough to enforce that?

Old 09-20-2012, 12:57 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,712,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
So people who could not afford insurance before were victims and Obamacare would help them. Obamacare is in place and these people still cannot afford insurance but they are now moochers.

The "Affordable Health Care" bill did not make insurance affordable. It made insurance mandatory.

The illegals are the ones who are the winners here. No insurance, no penalty and no loss of free healthcare.
Yes, and don't leave the unions off the winners list, and some others that received special exemptions.

Also, let's remember that once a person pays his penalty (now called a 'tax', thanks to WH lawyers), he still won't have insurance.

A lot of people in the lower and middle income tiers will be hit by this. And they don't realize it. They'll still vote for Obama.

Old 09-20-2012, 12:57 PM

1,102 posts, read 1,156,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
No -- that's where you're all wrong. Many of these 6 million people are healthy -- and many never stepped foot in an ER. What was so wrong if they wanted to pay out of pocket when they had a doctor's office visit or if they practiced holistic ways of taking care of themselves so they didn't need to have all that Obamacare?

It's a myth that everyone has to go to a doctor frequently. It's a myth that all the self-pay types went to ERs for all their health care, and were never sent a bill. If you really look at who goes to ERs for their primary health care, it's the Medicaid recipients and illegals. And Obama made sure the illegals are not required to pay a dime for all this free health care they get.

The only people who will end up paying are those who work for a living -- and now they will have to pay a huge chunk of their incomes whether they use any health care or not.

For someone whose budget is tight, it can be a reasonable decision if they are in good health to decide to pay $100 or $200 out of pocket to see a doctor rarely instead of thousands of dollars a year.
Thankyou for mentionioning this portion of the population...Just because some do not require the controll of the bought out medical system by big PHARMA.....they should not be penalized for the abuse of the ER by IEs that has become prevelant in the last 20 years.

Old 09-20-2012, 01:08 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,495,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy7375 View Post
Of course, renting property is a business and blue states beleive all bills should be payed by others.

Um, the "nonhomestead tax" was created by Michigan Republicans.

While I'm at it, Arizona (red state) has a local-option "Transaction Privilege Tax" up to 3% on rent. The tax is technically levied on landlords, who are allowed to itemize it as a surcharge to rent.

Old 09-20-2012, 01:10 PM

4,255 posts, read 3,483,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Um, the "nonhomestead tax" was created by Michigan Republicans.

And they were wrong to do so.

Old 09-20-2012, 01:12 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,907,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Good. They need to get insurance and quit leeching off of other people.

Moochers....
Since when did liberals care about stopping "leeches."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies