Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 10:57 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,601,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
It's real simple.....
If Obama wins again then this country deserves the disaster that WILL surely come.
Then you best start running for the hills.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2012, 11:00 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,037,907 times

Figures this goes here. The more we end up paying for government dependency, the more future generations will be screwed. Dems claim to care, but how could they if they insist on growing government and government dependency. Oh, and yes, this pic was modified to truly reflect what they are doing to future generations.

Old 09-20-2012, 11:04 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,529,770 times
I'm especially astounded by the simple minded republicans like my niece who, would never vote for Obama bacause he is "all about giving welfare to people too lazy to work" while she gets Medicaid because she is pregnant and her job doesn't provide health insurance, her child attends Head Start, and her husband is getting government assistance to refinance a house they are 6 months behind in mortgage payments! Her neighbors are all staunch republicans and most are receiving entitlements. When you try to explain that they are receiving entitlements that republican candidates would eliminate if they could, their response is, "that's just the way I was raised". What does that even mean?

Old 09-20-2012, 11:10 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,037,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
I'm especially astounded by the simple minded republicans like my niece who, would never vote for Obama bacause he is "all about giving welfare to people too lazy to work" while she gets Medicaid because she is pregnant and her job doesn't provide health insurance, her child attends Head Start, and her husband is getting government assistance to refinance a house they are 6 months behind in mortgage payments! Her neighbors are all staunch republicans and most are receiving entitlements. When you try to explain that they are receiving entitlements that republican candidates would eliminate if they could, their response is, "that's just the way I was raised". What does that even mean?
Well, when you try to explain to people like yourself that we aren't about getting rid of help and safety nets, and are more about trying to get people less dependent, then you may start to figure out where you are going wrong.

The facts are, too many people rely on the government to get by. That has to change. And it will not change with Barack in office, as people like him see it as a badge of honor to have so many scraping by.

Old 09-20-2012, 11:15 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,109,941 times
Most people don't like welfare, okay? Does it make me happy that some people sit at home and abuse the system? Of course not. But for some people government programs are the difference between putting food on the table, or not. Not everyone who gets assistance from the government is a lazy worthless bum. I have a good job with health insurance and I still struggle some months to pay bills. I can't even begin to imagine supporting a family on a minimum wage job. Sometimes people need help. We're supposed to be one of the greatest countries in the world. What would you do? Cut all government assistance and just let people fend for themselves? Who cares what happens to them, right?

God forbid any of you Romney supporters ever fall on hard times and need help because guess what if you do? Romney openly admits he wouldn't care about you and you're not his problem. Just something to think about.

Old 09-20-2012, 11:17 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times
If everyone is supposedly so "dependent" on government...Then why don't Americans have health care? It's because there is no such thing as free health care....In Canada we have what "appears" to be free care- but we all pay taxes to keep it going so it is not free...nor are we dependent on Government to supply us with health care..we pay taxes an in essence the government does not take care of us- we take care of each other- Maybe America should try that and not be so cheap?

Old 09-20-2012, 11:19 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stock56 View Post
Romney should stand by his 47% comment since majority of Americans side with his view point...

64% Think Too Many Americans Dependent on Government Financial Aid - Rasmussen Reports™
I'm sure a lot of those who agree with Romney are bankers, oil corporations, Wall Streeters car manufacturers who all get or got FINANCIAL AID from the government...

Old 09-20-2012, 11:20 AM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Looks like the majority agree with Romney, but you would never know that listening to the lame stream media.
Everybody agrees with lower government spending in the abstract.

P.J. O'Rourke, back when he was funny, put it something like this:

"Government can be expressed in the equation: X-Y = A Huge Stink. X is what we want from the government, which is everything. Y is what we want to pay to the government, which is as a little as at all possible plus we'll cheat on that."

Old 09-20-2012, 11:23 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Americans as a whole are addicted to big government. They just can't face up to it.
We are also addicted to low taxes; something has to give.

Old 09-20-2012, 11:25 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stock56 View Post
Romney should stand by his 47% comment since majority of Americans side with his view point...

64% Think Too Many Americans Dependent on Government Financial Aid - Rasmussen Reports™
And he should make a statement about corporations that pay no taxes being that the SCOTUS had s declared them to be 'people'.

And continue with:

Defense contractors being too dependent on the US government

The Iraqi government being too dependent on the US government

Afghanistan being too dependent on the US government

Egypt being too dependent on the US government

Israel being too dependent on the US government

Etc., etc., etc............................................... .................................................. ..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies