Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 01:17 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,290,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkgirl View Post
It is sad that our media does not ask the same questions that these hispanics did. Good for them. About time. He's gotten too used to questions about his favorite basketball team and if he prefers red or green peppers. He doesn't know how to answer REAL questions.
How many of the MSM sources have reported that performance on the Univision show? I don't know because I have seen plenty of it on Fox, but I don't think they have given much time to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2012, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Gun walking operations started in 2006 out of that office. They simply changed the name "Fast and Furious" in 2009. The desperation of the right is palpable.
How far into 2007 did the first attempt extend? Now remember that Fast and Furious started about 9 months into Obama's administration and Bush caused that early failed attempt off before he left in January 2009.

I think that you are missing the point of all this from a faulty sense of time as is concerned by dates on the calendar.

Old 09-21-2012, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The POTUS has demonstrated himself to be a habitual liar. How can anyone be the least bit surprised?
Especially like people who don't know when one program starts and is stopped and a new one gets started.

Old 09-21-2012, 01:22 PM

33,572 posts, read 18,177,840 times
Quote:
Gun walking operations started in 2006 out of that office. They simply changed the name "Fast and Furious" in 2009. The desperation of the right is palpable.
Lies.. Bush Administration ended that program. It was a bad program..

Obama administration again trying to pass the buck saying the program was just a name change... wrong and a lie... They started the program called fast and furious.

Wide Receiver was started and ended in 2007 with the cooperation of the Mexican government..

Fast and Furious was a secret operation started in 2009 without the Mexican government knowing anything about it.

White House Falsely Blames Bush-Era Wide Receiver For Fast And Furious - Investors.com

Old 09-21-2012, 01:27 PM

876 posts, read 709,366 times
Quote:
The ignorance of the left is palpable. The Wide Receiver program started under Bush and was done with the cooperation of the Mexican government. It ended in 2007 because it was stupid and they finally realized it was stupid, dangerous, and that they couldn't track the guns effectively. Fast and Furious didn't start until 2009 and had no cooperation from the Mexican government. It didn't work the first time so their brilliant plan was to try it again? Too bad that pesky border patrol agent, Brian Terry, had to get in the way of the mexican drug dealer's bullets from a gun that this administration gave him. I'm sure obama and Holder hate that he got in the way of their perfect plan. If y'all hate Bush soooo much, why do you follow a president that revives and sustains Bush's failed plans?

Old 09-21-2012, 01:31 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,231,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Lies.. Bush Administration ended that program. It was a bad program..

Obama administration again trying to pass the buck saying the program was just a name change... wrong and a lie... They started the program called fast and furious.

Wide Receiver was started and ended in 2007 with the cooperation of the Mexican government..

Fast and Furious was a secret operation started in 2009 without the Mexican government knowing anything about it.

White House Falsely Blames Bush-Era Wide Receiver For Fast And Furious - Investors.com
Trying to get the hardliners on the left to see the difference between a relatively small operation done with Mexico's full knowledge and cooperation and Fast and Furious done on a much larger scale and without full knowledge of the mexican gov is about imppossible.
They prefer to make excuses and blame someone else. It is something they see our President do all the time.

Old 09-21-2012, 01:31 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,680,438 times
A true testament to the stupidity of Americans is to watch people who applaud what 0bama says. If they're wildly clapping, they probably have an IQ of around 50. Or they were promised a Twinkie for just showing up. Maybe an extra couple of dollars on their welfare card.

Old 09-21-2012, 01:49 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,398,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkgirl View Post
The ignorance of the left is palpable. The Wide Receiver program started under Bush and was done with the cooperation of the Mexican government. It ended in 2007 because it was stupid and they finally realized it was stupid, dangerous, and that they couldn't track the guns effectively. Fast and Furious didn't start until 2009 and had no cooperation from the Mexican government. It didn't work the first time so their brilliant plan was to try it again? Too bad that pesky border patrol agent, Brian Terry, had to get in the way of the mexican drug dealer's bullets from a gun that this administration gave him. I'm sure obama and Holder hate that he got in the way of their perfect plan. If y'all hate Bush soooo much, why do you follow a president that revives and sustains Bush's failed plans?
It was the exact same office and it was all part of Project Gunrunner which ran from 2006-2011. Maybe you should do some more research before accusing other of ignorance. With that said my understanding is that the right never lets facts get in the way of a good chance to bash Obama.

AP Exclusive: Second Bush-era gun-smuggling probe | Tulsa World
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project...te_note-npr1-1
http://www.atf.gov/publications/fact...gunrunner.html

It is simply another case of the media using semantics to play gotcha. What makes it more ironic that the right is using this is that the Bush administration did nothing to investigate gun walking and all this hay started when the Obama DOJ came out with indictments.

Last edited by Randomstudent; 09-21-2012 at 01:58 PM..

Old 09-21-2012, 03:01 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,685,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
President Obama Falsely Claims Fast and Furious Program “Begun Under the Previous Administration” - ABC News

Facing his toughest interview ever, Barack lied and floundered.
How can we expect you to care about Hispanics when you lie right to their face?

He also lied and couldn't give straight answers on other questions
No wonder Obama does not hold pressers.

RAMOS: Mr. President, I want to ask you something that is known as the “Obama promise,” and you knew that I was going to ask you about that. On May 28th, 2008, we had a conversation in Denver, Colorado, and you told me the following — and I’m going to quote you: “But I can guarantee that we will have, in the first year, an immigration bill that I strongly support.”

I want to emphasize “the first year.” At the beginning of your governing, you had control of both chambers of Congress, and yet you did not introduce immigration reform. And before I continue, I want for you to acknowledge that you did not keep your promise.

Here is Obama's rambling answer where he never explains why he did not "introduce" immigration reform in his first two years. Keep in mind that Obama claimed to have halted the recession, and started the Obama recovery in June 2009.

THE PRESIDENT: Well, let me first of all, Jorge, make a point that when we talked about immigration reform in the first year, that’s before the economy was on the verge of collapse — Lehman Brothers had collapsed, the stock market was collapsing. And so my first priority was making sure that we prevented us from going into a Great Depression.

Which he claims to have done all of this by June 2009, but he had no time to even introduce an immigration bill.

And I think everybody here remembers where we were four years ago. We lost 800,000 jobs the month that I took office. Small businesses and big businesses couldn’t get financing. People had seen their 401(k)s evaporate. People were losing homes left and right.

So because other people lost their job or their home in 2008, he could not ask any aides or a democrat in the congress or senate to start drafting a plan, so he could introduce an immigration bill.

And so we had to take a whole series of emergency actions to make sure that we put people back to work, cutting taxes for middle-class families and small businesses so that they could stay open or pay the bills, making sure that states got assistance so they didn’t have to lay off teachers and firefighters and police officers, saving an auto industry that was on the brink of collapse.

Obama had other people doing all of these things, and he did was sit at a table and get briefs and updates.

And so that took up a huge amount of time in the first year. But even in that first year, one of my first acts was to invite every single member of Congress who had previously been supportive of comprehensive immigration reform, and to say to them, we need to get this done. This is something I believe in deeply because we are a nation of laws and we’re a nation of immigrants. And I am willing to work with anybody to strengthen our border security and to crack down on employers who are taking advantage of undocumented workers, but what we also have to do is provide a pathway for all those millions of hardworking people who are simply here looking after their families, and oftentimes they’ve put deep roots in this country.

So it was people not agreeing with him? That's why he could not push thru an immigration proposal? They disagreed with health care too, but we all know that that did not stop Obama. He pushed thru bills like ObamaCare and cash for clinkers, and new EPA regs on coal, and on and on, but no time for even introducing an immigration proposal?

And what I confess I did not expect — and so I’m happy to take responsibility for being naive here — is that Republicans who had previously supported comprehensive immigration reform — my opponent in 2008, who had been a champion of it and who attended these meetings — suddenly would walk away. That’s what I did not anticipate.

Once again, he did not let republicans stop anything else he was signing into law. Is he expecting us to believe nothing was signed into law, that first two years, and nothing saw the light of day if a few Republicans disagreed with him?

And as you know, Jorge, even though we controlled the House of Representatives, even though we had a majority in the Senate, the way the Senate operates was if you couldn’t get 60 votes you couldn’t get something moving. So we initiated the meetings, had a series of meetings. And what we could not get was a single Republican, including the 20 who had previously voted for comprehensive immigration reform, to step up and say, we will work with you to make this happen.

The president does not need anyone in the house of representatives, or the senate, or the SCOTUS, in order for him to "introduce" his own immigration bill.

Old 09-21-2012, 08:01 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,728,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
President Obama Falsely Claims Fast and Furious Program “Begun Under the Previous Administration” - ABC News

Facing his toughest interview ever, Barack lied and floundered.
How can we expect you to care about Hispanics when you lie right to their face?

He also lied and couldn't give straight answers on other questions
He lied to everyone --- why would the Mexicans think he should only tell them the truth about Fast and Furious? It wasn't just Mexicans those weapons killed.

Besides, the Mexican government isn't complaining. You have to wonder though what deals is Obama now required to make in exchange for their silence of this. I suspect this is why he's giving them everything they demand now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies