Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Could you forgive a pedophile?
Yes 75 24.04%
No 237 75.96%
Voters: 312. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 09:52 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,397,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
No doubt about it. There are some innocents that end up being charged for things they didn't do. For ex., there have been people who were serving on death row, and were exonerated. However, of the total, the ones found to be on death row wrongly were still few. Few is too many, but it is still few.

Now, what was the point you were trying to make?
That the prison sentence is enough; to punish such a person for the rest of their life is going overboard. Some people may need that additional reason to think rationally about this topic, as all you usually hear when this question is asked is "No! They molested a child, I don't care anything about 'em!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2013, 01:51 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,466,179 times
I don't know what you call these monsters, call them what you like. I though about this a lot tonight, and it brought me back to the bad place.

I was a 5 yr old child, i did not understand, did not understand the feelings, yes i had feelings, but they scared me and i knew something was not right. I was scared it was me that made this person feel this way. A 5 year old child takes things in eternally.

It happened more then once and there was one time, he put me on a table, i am sorry i cannot go there. I wanted to, and be completly honest how a now 57 yr old feels about what happened at 5. I cannot go there still. So at my age it still effects me and i thought i was over this. You see the women will never forget, and brings about feelings of being uneasy and unsure. And yes i have a good body, always have, not trying to brag, but there was a time, i tried to hide it, thinking my looks was a bad thing, i even wanted to gain weight and tried hard to not look good. So yes you never forget, but in order to move on, i had to forgive.
I don't care what the term is for these kinds of people, but the shame they bring about to the small individual into her adulthood is just awful. I never got professional help for this, but there are times like this tonight when it all came rushing back, that i feel in the instinct that i should have.
You don't have to like my bluntness or honesty, but when i speak about something it is from experience, and if i can help just one women out there who needs to come forward with this absurd abuse, please tell someone trusting.

Old 05-04-2013, 02:04 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,310,711 times
Or adult men striking up relationships online with 15 year old girls.
Do we forgive them?
Or hope that if/when they get caught, they enjoy their jail time for stalking and/or grooming?

Old 05-04-2013, 06:52 AM

25,994 posts, read 22,187,436 times
It gives me some peace that pedophiles that have acted on their desire burn in Hell for eternity and I would be more than happy to release the blade on the guillotine that chops their sick heads off. Some people are so consumed by evil that they could never be forgiven and a pedophile is certainly one ifthey have acted on their desires!!! Yes, even one time!!!

Old 05-04-2013, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
It gives me some peace that pedophiles that have acted on their desire burn in Hell for eternity and I would be more than happy to release the blade on the guillotine that chops their sick heads off. Some people are so consumed by evil that they could never be forgiven and a pedophile is certainly one ifthey have acted on their desires!!! Yes, even one time!!!
I could never chop someone's sick head off or be "at peace" with the thought of someone burning for eternity. I think it would take a sick head to derive pleasure from such an activity.

But I agree with your general intolerance toward pedophilia.

Old 05-04-2013, 07:44 AM

1,738 posts, read 2,081,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
I could never chop someone's sick head off or be "at peace" with the thought of someone burning for eternity. I think it would take a sick head to derive pleasure from such an activity.

But I agree with your general intolerance toward pedophilia.
I agree, these people wish all sorts of pain and evil, on someone...SMH, it takes a twisted mind to come up with that stuff and wish it on someone

Old 05-04-2013, 07:49 AM

2,256 posts, read 2,133,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faeryedark View Post
I agree, these people wish all sorts of pain and evil, on someone...SMH, it takes a twisted mind to come up with that stuff and wish it on someone
No it doesn't.

With the exception of the rare person that can truly forgive, its quite normal to wish evil and pain on people.

While it may be more civilized to pretend otherwise, let's not pretend that you aren't pretending.

Those decrying twisted thoughts quickly change their minds when their child is the victim or a pedophile moves in next to them.

Old 05-04-2013, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faeryedark View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
No it doesn't.

With the exception of the rare person that can truly forgive, its quite normal to wish evil and pain on people.

While it may be more civilized to pretend otherwise, let's not pretend that you aren't pretending.

Those decrying twisted thoughts quickly change their minds when their child is the victim or a pedophile moves in next to them.
No, I think it takes a sick mind (whether it be permanently or temporarily sick) to actually be the one to chop another person's head of or to derive pleasure from the thought of them burning in hell. Even if my own child were the victim, and while I admitted I'm not sure what I WOULD do, it would still remain true that to dwell on this sort of intense hostility toward another is a disease of the mind. I can't judge to say I'd do something different, that's true enough, but I do believe it would be unhealthy in any case.

Old 05-04-2013, 08:09 AM

1,520 posts, read 1,875,826 times
Quote:
Let me try this again.

Is it possible that maybe - just maybe - some of the people who are convicted child molesters didn't really do it?
It is very hard to convince 12 people of guilt. Maybe there are cases, there probably are but the number is so small it is almost 0. Now rape as opposed to molestation is probably a higher rate of false`accusations. Children do not make up that kind of stuff and, if they do, it takes the right adult about 30 seconds to scare the truth out of them. If there is one thing I learned from being in prison it is that almost all the inmates there are guilty. In fact there was only one I knew of that was in there for armed robbery that I was convinced was not guilty of the crime he was convicted of doing.

Old 05-04-2013, 08:11 AM

1,520 posts, read 1,875,826 times
Quote:
That the prison sentence is enough; to punish such a person for the rest of their life is going overboard. Some people may need that additional reason to think rationally about this topic, as all you usually hear when this question is asked is "No! They molested a child, I don't care anything about 'em!"
In the case of pedophiles I do not agree. They should be banned for life from being anywhere near children. They should never ever be trusted around children again. I am not saying they should be "punished" but just kept away from any children. They can work, live their lives and go where they want so long as it is not around children. I will add this too as an ex inmate myself- they are not very popular in prison either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies