Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 02:17 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
The Boy Scouts will lose around $700,000 in annual donations from Intel, according to the company's Chief Diversity Officer.

"This week, Intel, which was recently identified as the Scouts' largest corporate funder, announced that it is no longer giving to the youth organization. In 2010, Intel reportedly gave more than $700,000 to local troops and councils. In a statement to ThinkProgress, Intel clarified its policies, and said that it would no longer give to organizations that were out of step with its nondiscrimination principals (sic)."

What does a "Chief Diversity Officer" do, anyway? A CDO must be right up there with the CEO, COO, and CFO. And if there's a chief, shouldn't there also be indians? - a diversity department of some kind?
I would think some sort of cross between HR, PR, and Promotions. That would be my guess. I've never heard of that either, but if you hire someone to do a job, you have to give them a title.

Intel made a pretty big statement with their decision.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2012, 02:20 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Isn't that the truth. Diversity is a business unto itself.
Skin color, gender, ethnicity mean more than skill these days in business.
Hasn't it always

Not to long ago there was a time where they wouldn't hire you if you were black (or asian, hispanic, etc). They also wouldn't hire openly gay individuals.

Old 09-22-2012, 02:23 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Intel is "morally un-straight"?

That's going to come as a bit of a shock to everyone who attends Bible study/Christian fellowship meetings there.

Lol. Do your homework people. Or is it easier to just see what you want to see? Intel actually encourages faith-based employee groups (believing it will help the employee). Hilarious thread when you think about it. Foot stomping because a major company says it won't support an organization that discriminates.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 09-22-2012 at 02:33 PM..

Old 09-22-2012, 02:29 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
It's their money.

Old 09-22-2012, 02:32 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
Intel gave the non-discrimination policy as the reason for withdrawing support, but maybe that's just one reason. New information has just been uncovered which details how over two decades the boy scout leadership failed to report admitted child molesters, allowed them to gracefully resign and, in many cases, helped them cover their tracks.

Boy Scouts helped child molesters cover their tracks, files show - Los Angeles Times
Now that is some moral behavior right there!

Old 09-22-2012, 02:34 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
The Boy Scouts will lose around $700,000 in annual donations from Intel, according to the company's Chief Diversity Officer.

"This week, Intel, which was recently identified as the Scouts' largest corporate funder, announced that it is no longer giving to the youth organization. In 2010, Intel reportedly gave more than $700,000 to local troops and councils. In a statement to ThinkProgress, Intel clarified its policies, and said that it would no longer give to organizations that were out of step with its nondiscrimination principals (sic)."

What does a "Chief Diversity Officer" do, anyway? A CDO must be right up there with the CEO, COO, and CFO. And if there's a chief, shouldn't there also be indians? - a diversity department of some kind?
Good for Intel!

Old 09-22-2012, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Their choice. But no matter how much liberals try, they will never down the organization with their gay fascism.
Gay fascism? Apparently religious extremism is your preferred standard.

Old 09-22-2012, 02:37 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,500,282 times
Quote:
Morally un-straight Intel drops Boy Scout donations
So, the OP now has the power to declare people (corporations are people too!!) immoral. How refreshing to have someone with that power in our midst.

Old 09-22-2012, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Foot stomping because a major company says it won't support an organization that discriminates.
And then they have the audacity to claim they're the righteous "Christians". Jesus said casting out demons in his name won't save you. It's faux faith, and he will claim he never knew those who use his name to justify hatred and discrimination.

Old 09-22-2012, 02:45 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
Quick little note I typed up to Intel

Quote:
To whom it may concern;

I am taking the time to write you to show my support for your recent decision to pull funding from the Boy Scouts of America. I applaud your company for taking steps to ensure that it does not support organizations who discriminate against homosexuals. In the last eighteen months, both my brother and myself have purchased laptops with your Core i5 Processor (an excellent product, if I do say so) and both of us were happy to learn that our hard earned money went to a company with a high level of social ethics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies