Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 10:29 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,367,490 times

Advertisements

massive fail by the OP...

CFA doesnt contribute to your groups, their owner does...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2012, 10:42 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,387,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
massive fail by the OP...

CFA doesnt contribute to your groups, their owner does...
...where do you think the money he donates comes from? The profit from his CFA franchises.

Seriously, I couldn't give 2 hoots if he wants to donate millions to hate propaganda groups. That's his choice.
It's also the choice of people who don't like groups like that being supported in spreading their vilifying junk science and lies, to not eat at CFA.

Old 09-24-2012, 10:53 AM

2,414 posts, read 3,487,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Why in the F should it make any difference? Are we arbitrarily deciding to let local jurisdictions decicde what business can open based on their politics? Oh goodie...can we stop any business that supports Democratic candidates from opening in red states, or vice versa? The overreach on this issue is just assinine.
We already do that with zoning laws so there is precedent. Bars and industrial businesses can't locate in certain areas. The ground zero mosque would be another highly offensive example.

Old 09-24-2012, 10:53 AM

23,573 posts, read 18,722,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Seriously, I couldn't give 2 hoots if he wants to donate millions to hate propaganda groups. That's his choice.
It's also the choice of people who don't like groups like that being supported in spreading their vilifying junk science and lies, to not eat at CFA.
I believe that marriage=man+woman. Am I a hateful bigot? That's a very big charge to make against what is still the majority of this country (contrary to what the mainstream media/many on this board would have you believe).

I agree with your second point in that no one has to eat at a restaurant if they don't like the owner's political views and causes he supports. That is what living in a free society is all about. I shall remind you however, that living in a free society does not mean discriminating against persons or businesses who do not share the political views of the politicians in charge of that jurisdiction. I can guarantee you that Chicago has business owners who do much worse things with their profits (or obtain them in a much worse fashion) than donate to organizations that are for preserving the traditional family.

Old 09-24-2012, 10:59 AM

23,573 posts, read 18,722,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieinDallas View Post
We already do that with zoning laws so there is precedent. Bars and industrial businesses can't locate in certain areas. The ground zero mosque would be another highly offensive example.
Apples and oranges. Chic-Fil-a has not asked for any exceptions from current zoning regulations. Municipalities are allowed to implement zoning restrictions based on the nature of a business, not due to the company/owner's political views.

Old 09-24-2012, 11:11 AM

419 posts, read 435,202 times
Quote:
...where do you think the money he donates comes from? The profit from his CFA franchises.

The money is his. He can do what he wants with it. Seriously...the hatred and intolerance that the liberal left displays is astounding.

Old 09-24-2012, 12:35 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,836,603 times
Quote:

Why do you insist and labling every group that has a different opinion as your a hate group? You show intollerance for many on this board and elsewhere for their opinions yet no one is supposed to have a difference of opinions from yours, that is very hypocritical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
I believe that marriage=man+woman. Am I a hateful bigot? That's a very big charge to make against what is still the majority of this country (contrary to what the mainstream media/many on this board would have you believe).

I agree with your second point in that no one has to eat at a restaurant if they don't like the owner's political views and causes he supports. That is what living in a free society is all about. I shall remind you however, that living in a free society does not mean discriminating against persons or businesses who do not share the political views of the politicians in charge of that jurisdiction. I can guarantee you that Chicago has business owners who do much worse things with their profits (or obtain them in a much worse fashion) than donate to organizations that are for preserving the traditional family.
You share your opinion with the majority you are a hater, a bigot, intollerant and closed minded or just a brainwashed fundamentalist, which is BS, dont let a little name calling make you change your veiws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuralMissionary View Post
The money is his. He can do what he wants with it. Seriously...the hatred and intolerance that the liberal left displays is astounding.
Exactly.

[MOD CUT]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 09-24-2012 at 05:47 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 09-24-2012, 12:39 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
The city of Chicago (or any other city) does not have the right to deny CFA a store. The constitution prevents them from such bigotry. We have the right to political speech.

The citizens of Chicago DO have the right not to eat there, but the city cannot prevent them from opening a store there. That is actual real discrimination.

Old 09-24-2012, 12:45 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,621,084 times
If Conservatives were as vocal about boycotting a company or brand due to their political beliefs as Liberals, Hollywood would be bankrupt.

We know that watching movies and TV shows is putting money in the pocket of politicians and groups we oppose, but rather than complain constantly about the political beliefs of Jeffery Katzenberg or Scarlett Johansen and vocally boycotting what they produce, we just accept it. It's their opinion and right to believe and support who they choose.

Old 09-24-2012, 12:52 PM

2,414 posts, read 3,487,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
I believe that marriage=man+woman. Am I a hateful bigot?
Short answer: yes!

We are at a point where the issue has been clearly laid out, and the opposition has nothing but arbitrary arguments to be opposed to same sex marriage. These opposition groups continue to regurgitate their irrational arguments to block the expansion of liberty and support The continuation of second-class citizenship for gay Americans. Thus, they cease to be "another opinion" and are fairly labeled "bigots".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies