Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 10:00 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,100,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
wait.. black republicans are actually just white people with black facial makeup?
Didn't you get the memo? All black people are supposed to act, think and vote alike. If they don't they're sell outs, Uncle T***S, minstrels and trying to please the white man. I can't believe you didn't know that.

Old 10-01-2012, 10:16 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,665,685 times
whats a back man

Old 10-01-2012, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
whats a back man
the opposite of a front man

Old 10-02-2012, 04:57 AM

1,223 posts, read 1,688,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Didn't you get the memo? All black people are supposed to act, think and vote alike. If they don't they're sell outs, Uncle T***S, minstrels and trying to please the white man. I can't believe you didn't know that.

All black people ARE NOT supposed to vote alike however voting for a party that obviously thinks less of a group of people, and thinks they are a monolithic entity, and that by getting people that "look like them" in order to instruct the masses to vote for said party is where that party makes its mistake. That said I realize the first argument that will be made is well the party most blacks vote for does the same thing. You are right. The mistake is made when it is automatically assumed (and said aloud) that Blacks are INCAPABLE of independent thought, and we need either Democrats or Republicans to tell us what to do, think or how to feel. I see it for what it is both groups have their games that they play and occasionally they throw us a bone here and there to get our vote. Do I vote? Yes but I do vote for the group that I feel will benefit myself and my family for the present as well as the future. Sometimes its a Democrat and sometimes its a Republican. Am I any better off with all of my eggs in either basket? No.

Old 10-02-2012, 05:02 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHitman View Post
That's the reason why Kelly selected that particular black guy. He's silly and goofy. He's like Will Smith. White people love dumb acting, goofy blacks. They feel more "at home" around silly blacks like the 2 above.
There are many other blacks that she could have selected but they had to select a happy go lucky tap dancing black guy.

When will blacks stop trying to win the approval of whites and be yourself for once.
Thanks for this. My family felt the same way

Old 10-02-2012, 06:21 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,148,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiasmommy View Post
didn't you get the memo? All black people are supposed to act, think and vote alike. If they don't they're sell outs, uncle t***s, minstrels and trying to please the white man. I can't believe you didn't know that.
+1 Exactly, if a black man sounds like he's educated or has conservative values he's a "uncle tom" trying to "act white". I guess somebody who sags his pants and has gold teeth, and has 3 or baby mammas or says "you know what I'm saying" one too many times is a real black man.

Last edited by 14Bricks; 10-02-2012 at 06:34 AM..

Old 10-02-2012, 10:23 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Will Smith went to MIT.

Michael Strayhan is not an idiot. I guess if one believed Will Smith and Michael Strayhan are idiots, one has confused a sense of humor with idiocy.

Uhhh.........no. And even if he had, that would have no effect on whether he were a minstrel or a buffoon (he is not).

Old 10-02-2012, 10:25 AM

Quote:
I'll forward along the memo I got - but the one I have suggests that we don't vote for a party that continues to demean and demonize black people, blaming them for every social and cultural ill in America every change they get.

Old 10-02-2012, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I'll forward along the memo I got - but the one I have suggests that we don't vote for a party that continues to demean and demonize black people, blaming them for every social and cultural ill in America every change they get.
Instead you vote for a party that tells you that you're too stupid to get good enough grades to get into top schools, so you need affirmative action. They tell you that you're too lazy and/or too stupid to get to the dmv to get an id. They tell you that you're a victim and can't get ahead on your own merits and overcome obstacles put in front of you, so you need government assistance every step of your life. You are a token to the Democrat Party.

Old 10-02-2012, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Instead you vote for a party that tells you that you're too stupid to get good enough grades to get into top schools, so you need affirmative action. They tell you that you're too lazy and/or too stupid to get to the dmv to get an id. They tell you that you're a victim and can't get ahead on your own merits and overcome obstacles put in front of you, so you need government assistance every step of your life. You are a token to the Democrat Party.
Actually, I am not a Dem but I tend to vote for them because they don't believe in demonizing the minority or abandoning the weak or glorifying the mean, greedy and lucky. What you seem to not remember is that it is these very Repubs who place some of the obstacles and then laugh and cynically wonder why the less fortunate can't surmount them. Remember this- a society is only as strong as its weakest members. We are a very, very weak society right now....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies