Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 11:00 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,476,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpv View Post
I have read numerous times on this forum that some people think an Obama presidency means that he will become a dictator.

Just to clarify: Are people serious about this? Or is this just a metaphor for his policies?
Some people here are serious about this.

Then again, some people here are also rather dumb.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2012, 06:42 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,698,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
He has already used executive orders, for things in which are restricted, where they were never intended to be used for.
...such as Executive Orders to change and/or ignore laws that were already passed by congress and signed by our president? The president just does not have the power to change laws and refuse to enforce laws, he swore and oath to protect and enforce our laws, not to selectively edit them or cast them aside as impediments to his political agenda.

Old 10-04-2012, 04:01 PM

19,023 posts, read 26,004,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
That's all fine and well. I am only pointing out that Caesar was the last *true* dictator in world history.

These other fools who claim to be as such have warped and twisted the term.
Well for the rest of the world looser terms probably apply, to where Hitler would be universally agreed upon to be a dictator and Obama isn't a known yet, but he could be for a little while if he tried.

I see your point, but as i said looser terms still are valid.

Old 10-04-2012, 10:32 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,401,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I seriously believe that if Obama gets 4 more years he will have as many more years as his little puppet strings can be pulled, which could be for the term of his life.

I don't think this no name 176 day boy wonder as a Jr Senator that no one ever heard of made it in to the WH all by himself. Some one else made that happen.

His message should have been Hope and Pray, because he better hope and pray who ever is pulling his stings likes him...
Yep, power brokers put the little marionette in position.

We should "hope" and "pray" we aren't indefinitely detained.

Old 10-05-2012, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdmom View Post
Yep, power brokers put the little marionette in position.

We should "hope" and "pray" we aren't indefinitely detained.
I don't that as any option I would receive, since once caught, armed I will be put down like a dog.. i don't see my carry permit is gonna do me one bit of good on that day.

Before that happens, I see TSA at every street corner groping people and saying papers please. Seems to me we are almost there too. This BS can't go on for much longer..

No one can stop a train wreck in motion......

Old 10-05-2012, 11:21 AM

78,664 posts, read 60,867,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpv View Post
I have read numerous times on this forum that some people think an Obama presidency means that he will become a dictator.

Just to clarify: Are people serious about this? Or is this just a metaphor for his policies?
Some are serious, doesn't make the right though.

Remember the claims around 2008 that Bush would declare martial law and suspend elections?

Happens every 4 years more or less....fueled by the mentally weak and the hopelessly partisan.

Old 10-05-2012, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Some are serious, doesn't make the right though.

Remember the claims around 2008 that Bush would declare martial law and suspend elections?

Happens every 4 years more or less....fueled by the mentally weak and the hopelessly partisan.
So far the only one i took it as serious for was Bill Clinton, but then he did a pretty good job of getting himself impeached instead. A little more 'prodding' and he would have been divorced legally not that he isn't now.

Old 10-05-2012, 09:00 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,869,979 times
Of course he wants to be a dictator. Nine hundred plus Executive orders in 3.5 years!

Old 10-05-2012, 09:03 PM

2,042 posts, read 2,910,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiegirlfriend View Post
Of course he wants to be a dictator. Nine hundred plus Executive orders in 3.5 years!
That is a myth.
Not that you'll actually click the link, but here it is anyway: List of United States federal executive orders - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 10-05-2012, 09:29 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,137,926 times
Obama's style is tailored for himself only, in order to convince self by convincing others.
Talented or effective dictators are another story.

Last edited by stargazzer; 10-05-2012 at 09:39 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies