Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 10:33 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,457,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Well I'm not in a union and if I went into my boss and said I'm going on strike he'd say just make sure to clear out your desk and don't come back. This is just stupid IMO. They should all be fired immediatly. Plenty are out looking for work or I should say plenty should be out looking for work.

This.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2012, 10:38 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,499,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Well I'm not in a union and if I went into my boss and said I'm going on strike he'd say just make sure to clear out your desk and don't come back. This is just stupid IMO. They should all be fired immediatly. Plenty are out looking for work or I should say plenty should be out looking for work.
I don't look for this to go far. I know that here, in a right to work state, those jobs would be filled in a heartbeat even though our unemployment rate is relatively low. Just can't see it spreading, especially at this time of year. Wal-Mart has pretty much proven that employees are not their # 1 concern, so letting 70 people go in the current environment wouldn't even raise an eyebrow for them.

Old 10-04-2012, 10:45 PM

5,190 posts, read 4,837,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
What do they expect from this? It's not like the Walmart executives are gonna do anything.
Sounds like a good move to me - Kudos to the workers!

The Walmart company is a disgusting parasite on the people, of the same ilk as MacD's and Burger King.

These places must be destroyed in the Revolution.

Old 10-04-2012, 10:46 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,677,788 times
I have sympathy for their cause, but they aren't going the right way. They need to organize in a more viable manner. Set up a nationwide union. In that, you can make more negotiations more certain.

Old 10-04-2012, 10:47 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,945,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
Sounds like a good move to me - Kudos to the workers!

The Walmart company is a disgusting parasite on the people, of the same ilk as MacD's and Burger King.

These places must be destroyed in the Revolution.
Yes! Off with their heads!!!

Old 10-04-2012, 10:47 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Yes, let's all be sure to treat employees like garbage, work them long hours, pay them minimum wage, and fire them if they don't like it.

Do you live off of government handouts, or a walmart store owner?
Long hours? Laughable at best. Since when did an 8 hour shift become long? Did I miss something and France took us over?

You gotta work for yourself to put in LONG hours.

That or get edumacted and get a BETTER paying job.

Old 10-04-2012, 10:50 PM

Pretty hard to work long hours for a company that prides itself on offering low paying part time jobs in order to avoid paying benefits.

Old 10-04-2012, 10:52 PM

I'm sure working at Wal-Mart or Macd's must be fairly grim, but one does wonder how many of the bashers of these places actually shop there because of the low prices...

many of them most probably.

The best course of action would be to try and boycott the business.

how many of the herd will go along with that though?

Old 10-04-2012, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayiask View Post
Pretty hard to work long hours for a company that prides itself on offering low paying part time jobs in order to avoid paying benefits.
good comment and I'm sure that is true.

It's a great money making scheme for the middle classes and above, but as usual - at the expense of the working man.

Old 10-04-2012, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
I'm sure working at Wal-Mart or Macd's must be fairly grim, but one does wonder how many of the bashers of these places actually shop there because of the low prices...

many of them most probably.

The best course of action would be to try and boycott the business.

how many of the herd will go along with that though?
We've had a Wal-Mart here for almost 15 years and I have been there maybe a dozen times, and usually with someone else. I support the stores that have been here since I was a child, but I do know the Wal-Mart parking lots are usually full. Guess they do serve a need, but that doesn't mean that one has to agree with their work practices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies