Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2012, 04:52 PM

30,364 posts, read 51,976,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
But of course people like you have no problem brainwashing kids with religious extremism. Pure hypocrisy.
And now we can add "rubbing homosexuality in our faces" to the ever-growing list of explicitly sexual metaphors used by the anti-gay crowd... along with shoving it down their throats, ramming it down their throats, and whatever else they're fantasizing about at the time. Not to mention, their ongoing obsession with anal sex even when we're discussing lesbians!

For people who are supposedly so disgusted by homosexuality, they sure do spend a lot of time thinking & talking about gay sexual acts.

Old 10-09-2012, 04:53 PM

2,528 posts, read 2,818,815 times
Quote:
And I'd report you for child abuse and laugh as the police haul you to jail.
I work for the Police.

Quote:
Where do you meet these "activists" waving things in your face? I work in probably the most gay dominated industry there is, and I barely see any of the activism you guys cry about so much.

Are you judging all gays by the very uncommon actions of the few? Fighting to make same-sex marriage legal isn't activism, it's a fight for equality. Every generation seems to deal with an issue somehow related. Women did it, blacks did it, Jews have done it, now gays are doing it, who knows, atheists may be next due to their increase in the population.
It never comes up.

Old 10-09-2012, 04:54 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,784,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
And now we can add "rubbing homosexuality in our faces" to the ever-growing list of explicitly sexual metaphors used by the anti-gay crowd... along with shoving it down their throats, ramming it down their throats, and whatever else they're fantasizing about at the time. Not to mention, their ongoing obsession with anal sex even when we're discussing lesbians!

For people who are supposedly so disgusted by homosexuality, they sure do spend a lot of time thinking & talking about gay sexual acts.
I'm convinced this is why:

Homophobes Might Be Hidden Homosexuals: Scientific American

Homophobes should consider a little self-reflection, suggests a new study finding those individuals who are most hostile toward gays and hold strong anti-gay views may themselves have same-sex desires, albeit undercover ones.

Old 10-09-2012, 04:55 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,784,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverboat Gambler View Post
I work for the Police.
Police corruption at its finest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverboat Gambler View Post
How is a boy going to turn out "girly" or gay when EVERY man in his life and he is around is the total opposite? Truth is.....they AIN'T!
Yes, they can and frequently do.

I gave a few personal examples already, as have other people here... why are you stubbornly ignoring them? Can't admit you're wrong? (which you absolutely 100% are)

17,842 posts, read 14,395,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
Youngsters have nothing to do with homosexuality unless they are abused. Suggesting that a youngster is a homosexual is abuse by suggestion, a youngster has not even reached puberty. These are public forums and can be read by anyone.

There is no evidence that being sexually abused as a child causes someone to be homosexual.

However there is some evidence to show that gender non-conforming children are more targeted for sexual abuse, but not by homosexuals.

According to the educated, evidence-based opinions of health professionals, sexual orientation is not caused by child sexual abuse.

For example, from the 2009 Wilson and Widom longitudinal study of over 900 people who were sexually abused as children:
"We also found no connections between childhood physical abuse, sexual abuse, or neglect and romantic cohabitation with a same-sex partner.

These results were consistent for men and women and support the conclusions of Bell et al. (1981) that early parenting experiences, positive or negative, play little direct role in the development of sexual orientation"
(Wilson & Widom, 2009)

The American Academy of Pediatricians which represents over 60,000 pediatricians states:
"there is no scientific evidence that abnormal parenting, sexual abuse, or other adverse life events influence sexual orientation."

Old 10-09-2012, 04:57 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,487,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
We are designed to see, hear, talk, smell, taste ... and we were designed to reproduce by sexual attraction and sexual activity between males and females .... not male/male or female/female. So any deviation from that norm, is by definition, abnormal.
Well, the mouth was "designed" (actually it wasn't, but I'll let that go) for eating, therefore it's "abnormal" to chew gum. Right?

Old 10-09-2012, 04:58 PM

2,528 posts, read 2,818,815 times
Quote:
Nobody coaches their kids to be gay. Stop being absurd.
No...you coach them not to be....and it's NOT ok.

Quote:
It's biological that's how. Already proven.

Explain how siblings or twins raised in the exact identical environment, with the exact same role models and adult influences can both end up with different orientations? How do kids in Iran end up gay if they are raised in a society that not only despises and discourages homosexuality at every possible opportunity, but executes gays?

The nurture theory has already been disproven. Catch up with the times, this isn't the stone age.
I don't know ANY gay brothers.....

Old 10-09-2012, 04:58 PM

Oh yeah, and as we've also already pointed out, being gay doesn't always = "girly." I've known some gay men who were manlier than Sly Stallone, and could probably take on any straight man here. One of my transgendered friends was a Naval Officer, around 6'3" with a perfectly sculpted body even in his 60s. Care to tell HIM he's a girly-man??

Old 10-09-2012, 04:59 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,395,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Stimulus = Response.

You avoid reinforcing the response by eliminating the stimulus.

GLEE is too mature of a television program for a 7 year old.

If my kid was leaning toward having romantic fantasies about men because he's identifying with a gay character on t.v., television would not be available for him to watch.
We've come a long way in our understanding of child development since the mechanistic 'tabula rosa' view of behaviorists in 1960's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies