Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2012, 04:33 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
The basic tenets of evolution theory and genetic inheritance disagree with these laughing folks you reference.
Spoken by someone who doesn't understand evolution. See above. Evolution doesn't work on individuals, it works on populations. All members of a population don't need to reproduce for evolution to work on that population.

Old 10-09-2012, 04:36 PM

Quote:
I'd like to clarify something, perhaps it is lost in the discussion. I have no problem with being gay, I like gay people, I work with several. Now that said, when any group of people starts waving their hands in my face telling me that I as a member of society am persecuting them and then goes on to describe all their petty little problems to me in order that I personally address them, my opinion/respect/empathy towards them rapidly begins to tank, and I start to become critical of their opinions and doubting of their worldviews, I don't consider that bigotry.
The old adage of, "I don't hate gays, I have gay friends!". If you liked gay people, you'd educate yourself and stop making outlandish, unsupported lies about them. Or make ridiculous claims such as "evolution doesn't support homosexuality". Evolution is complicated. It's not as simple as, "everyone must reproduce!".

And what kind of petty little problems? Discrimination isn't petty. Being oppressed by the public majority isn't petty. And do you share the same view about other people throwing a fit? How about Conservative Christians whining about being persecuted? What about blacks, Jews, women? The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Sitting back and letting people oppress you, doesn't result in positive change. If we followed that logic, every single oppressed group throughout history would be in terrible shape right now. White, rich, heterosexual, Christian men would be the only ones in a decent position.

Old 10-09-2012, 04:37 PM

2,528 posts, read 2,817,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlyretired View Post
Time to go help pop work on the truck, get out the tools, go fishing, shooting, change the oil ect...
I agree...no "girly" men live in this house straight or not.

Parents coaching their kids to be gay are to blame....IMO

Sick puppies!!

Stacey Davids Trucks-Copperhead test drive - YouTube

Old 10-09-2012, 04:38 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,958,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Neither men nor women will be needed to create offspring soon, except as a source of stem cells.

Japanese researchers have produced mouse eggs from stem cells that bred healthy offspring, a breakthrough that may one day help treat human infertility.

Old 10-09-2012, 04:38 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverboat Gambler View Post
???

Old 10-09-2012, 04:41 PM

Quote:
I agree...no "girly" men live in this house straight or not.

Sick puppies!!
The only "sick puppies" are those who think parents can coach their children to be gay... or that fishin' and huntin' will somehow turn a gay person straight. As I said earlier, I've known people who were raised by "manly" fathers, and all it accomplished was raising a gay child who was handy with cars. One of them does all of my auto work, in fact, and he'd confirm it changed absolutely nothing! Keep telling yourself that, though, if it helps you sleep at night.

But if you did all of these things, and your child STILL grew up as a gay man/woman, what then? Are you going to try what the father of one of my friends tried, BEATING it out of them? Yeah, that didn't work either... he's still very much a homosexual, and thanks to his abusive & tyrannical father, has some major PTSD issues to boot.

Old 10-09-2012, 04:43 PM

Quote:
The gay community or rather 'gay activists' are the ones waving their arms in my face gizmo.
That's who I am critical of, not with individual gay people whom I see no differently than anyone else.

Really its 'activists' in general with whom I have a problem with.
Where do you meet these "activists" waving things in your face? I work in probably the most gay dominated industry there is, and I barely see any of the activism you guys cry about so much.

Are you judging all gays by the very uncommon actions of the few? Fighting to make same-sex marriage legal isn't activism, it's a fight for equality. Every generation seems to deal with an issue somehow related. Women did it, blacks did it, Jews have done it, now gays are doing it, who knows, atheists may be next due to their increase in the population.

Old 10-09-2012, 04:44 PM

Quote:
For a seven year old?

I'd lock him in his room for three months and ground him until he said he was not.
And I'd report you for child abuse and laugh as the police haul you to jail.

Old 10-09-2012, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
???
Didn't you know they have a "FHA" (Future Homosexuals of America) softball team? They wear rainbow-colored uniforms, and never slide into home base since they hate getting dirty.

Old 10-09-2012, 04:45 PM

2,528 posts, read 2,817,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
???
How is a boy going to turn out "girly" or gay when EVERY man in his life and he is around is the total opposite? Truth is.....they AIN'T!

Steppenwolf - Born To Be Wild - YouTube

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies