Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 06:38 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,970 times

Advertisements

I would like to start off by saying that if anyone is "talked into" showing their private parts over the internet, they are likely to have some social problems as life moves forward. That is either a choice you are on board with, or you have problems.

That said, it is absolutely inexcusable the amount of stalking, bullying and abuse this girl experienced thereafter. People need to get their **** together and start treating one another like human beings.

Old 10-17-2012, 06:47 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,201,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
I would like to start off by saying that if anyone is "talked into" showing their private parts over the internet, they are likely to have some social problems as life moves forward. That is either a choice you are on board with, or you have problems.

That said, it is absolutely inexcusable the amount of stalking, bullying and abuse this girl experienced thereafter. People need to get their **** together and start treating one another like human beings.
So parent have no responsibilities when it comes to educating their children in the world they are growing up in?

Human nature dictates there will always be some type of scumbag (excuse the English but that's what they are) preying on the young and innocent and it's the parents responsibility to teach them how to protect themselves....

Wringing our hands saying people should show each other respect does absolutely nothing to stop this problem...

Old 10-17-2012, 07:35 PM

216 posts, read 449,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
FACEBOOK SUCKS!!
that site is horrible....
Get off FB, there is nothing of value.....what, you want t see what some relative or some friends is doing this very minute?
Get. A. Life.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:38 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
So parent have no responsibilities when it comes to educating their children in the world they are growing up in?

Human nature dictates there will always be some type of scumbag (excuse the English but that's what they are) preying on the young and innocent and it's the parents responsibility to teach them how to protect themselves....

Wringing our hands saying people should show each other respect does absolutely nothing to stop this problem...
I wasn't trying to stop the problem, I was simply commenting on it. Sorry.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:51 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,651,677 times
I find it odd that so many people are blaming the parents of this poor girl and not the parents of the dozens of teens that tormented her, including ganging up, beating her up and leaving her in a ditch.

Her parents were supportive --- who do you think helped her switch schools three times.

It's funny because there's a thread in the 'Parenting' section of citi-forums in which a parent talks about how her child is being bullied at school, and most of the posts say "don't bother even telling the principal or authorities, no one will do anything---home school her or move". Makes it seem like there's not much parents can do if schools and authorities won't cooperate.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:05 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Parents can and do teach their children, but it doesn't mean they listen... and for all you know (in regards to your earlier comment), she was on a friend's or public computer when the flashing incident happened.

My parents did a great job overall, were quite diligent, and really open and honest about everything - we still had our moments of adolescent stupidity, though, as EVERY SINGLE child will at some point. You can't be there 24/7, you cannot control their mind, and even the best parents have kids who make mistakes. Were you perfect?

Old 10-17-2012, 08:11 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,308,502 times
Quote:
That's your problem.....

If you look at what I posted it was as simple as this.....

And it was in regards to the Castle Doctrine....

Problems will never get resolved when all people do is address the symptoms and not the root cause of the problem...
In case you missed the subtlety he's saying that he has a gun screwed onto a piece of wood shaped like Texas and that would solve the problem. Because a girl whose father gunned someone down on her behalf would most certainly not have any issues going forward.

Last edited by filihok; 10-17-2012 at 08:20 PM..

Old 10-18-2012, 07:25 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,812,053 times
Quote:
Where were the parents during the 3 school changes?

Why did she change schools? Was it because they moved to different school districts?

Schools don't just allow kids to change schools three years in a row normally without a change of residence....

I kinda doubt she changed schools because of "mommy, I don't like this school anymore"

WHERE WERE THE PARENTS?

Ineptitude, ignorance and gross negligence on the parents part.....

Now, could the parents timidity on being involved with their daughters life have been caused by our governments rules and regulations on parents rights be the bottom line cause of this tragedy?

Would have to be discussed in another thread....
The parents changed her schools to try to give her fresh starts. They did contact the school authorities and the police but nothing could be done. They also had her in therapy.

The parents were involved and trying to help their daughter.

I'm sure you'll come up with another list of things the parents did wrong, but the bottom line for me is that this was not a typical bullying situation, they and their daughter were being asked to deal with something above and beyond what could normally be expected. I am not throwing rocks at them for not being able of figure out the special magic formula, I'm going to save the biggest rocks for the stalking peodophile scum who tormented the little girl in the first place.

Old 10-18-2012, 08:01 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,220,926 times
I was bullied by some dude, fought back, got my ass beat, but he never messed with me again after that!

Winning isn't everything; it's the fact that you defend yourself and earns you respect. My parents never taught to run to teachers; they say fight back. That's what I did and I never was subjected to this type of stuff.

The problem is we as a society have gotten weaker and dumber. Seriously, people are now cyberbullying because they're too afraid to address people face to face. Kids have become idiots who instead of removing themselves from social networks and away from the cyberbullying; they keep going back to it. It's just ridiculous.

Old 10-19-2012, 02:02 AM

216 posts, read 449,111 times
Here is some site mentioning Amanda Todd
starts @ 1:19

The Daily Capper - Week of December 19,2010 - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies